Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is TeamLava overcharging?

New Resident

Is TeamLava overcharging?

Here are few points TeamLava have to realize:

1. The demographic of people playing dragon story are still schooling and do not have much money.

2. For the prices they are charging gold to buy nests, dragons and etc. We could buy a full fledged PC/console game.
    530g-AU$21, 1400g-AU$52, 2900g-AU$110. 2ndNest-500g, Magic dragon-200g,300g, Rareblue-600g, common blue 200g, Diamond-2000g. I am not putting every price up, you get the idea.
    The price we pay are only for a few items, not for all the stuff the whole game.

3. I would think spending money on food, coins, speed-ups, land expansions would earn them enough money. No one in the right mind would spend anything over $50 for a iphone game.

4. There are paid iphone/ipad games which is fully unlocked for only $0.99-$19.99.

5. Consider the gameplay/ functions of dragon story is so limited compared to other iphone game Dragon story is overcharging.

6. Rising cost to force people to buy overpriced gold is unethical.

That being said I think I would be quitting Dragon Story.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 06-01-13 at 08:22 PM. Reason: third party game references

I want you to stay but I can't blame you...TL must really hate us

Rhino Keeper
    I agree with the overcharging, but you do have a choice of playing without paying.

Just be patient and do everything with money when you earn it.

Lots of patience needed for the long, long times

Rhino Keeper
    Somebodys paying and TL keeps raising prices on this game just to see how far they can go. Seriously $75 for some pixels? I can't fathom who would buy a diamond dragon. But alas apparently people do. It seems to me, and I may be wrong here, but from what I've seen these games are by Far the most expensive games I've encountered.

That being said though, I do not personally spend money on these games any more. I've given these guys $20 and that's all they will ever get out of me. I learned a long time ago their business ethic stinks, customer support is laughable, and communication is nonexistent (unless you count their automated responses if you try emailing CS, the rare comment on the forums that never addresses complaints from the masses, or their blog which only serves to push new pixels coming your way).

How about you guys make prices reasonable, stop inundating us with popups or try fixing problems associated with these games that so many people complain about?

In my mind the folks are too busy swimming around in their money bin, doing swan dives and spouting quarters outta their mouth a la Scrooge mcduck to be bothered with us. So glad being cutthroat shiesters has worked out for you guys.. Not.

/rant

Oh, a person after my own heart. Now that's the kind of constructive posting I want to see in these forums!

Rhino Keeper
    The best scenario out of this situation is that TL were maybe testing the players willingness to spend money to buy gold by jacking up the prices, and after seeing the fact that theyre losing player interest and the players themselves, they'll backpedal and lower back the prices? Oh who am I kidding,that sounds too miraculous.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by digital_ghost View Post
    Somebodys paying and TL keeps raising prices on this game just to see how far they can go. Seriously $75 for some pixels? I can't fathom who would buy a diamond dragon. But alas apparently people do. It seems to me, and I may be wrong here, but from what I've seen these games are by Far the most expensive games I've encountered.

That being said though, I do not personally spend money on these games any more. I've given these guys $20 and that's all they will ever get out of me. I learned a long time ago their business ethic stinks, customer support is laughable, and communication is nonexistent (unless you count their automated responses if you try emailing CS, the rare comment on the forums that never addresses complaints from the masses, or their blog which only serves to push new pixels coming your way).

How about you guys make prices reasonable, stop inundating us with popups or try fixing problems associated with these games that so many people complain about?

In my mind the folks are too busy swimming around in their money bin, doing swan dives and spouting quarters outta their mouth a la Scrooge mcduck to be bothered with us. So glad being cutthroat shiesters has worked out for you guys.. Not.

/rant
    Amen!....I'm with you....

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse009 View Post
    Here are few points TeamLava have to realize:

1. The demographic of people playing dragon story are still schooling and do not have much money.

2. For the prices they are charging gold to buy nests, dragons and etc. We could buy a full fledged PC/console game.
    530g-AU$21, 1400g-AU$52, 2900g-AU$110. 2ndNest-500g, Magic dragon-200g,300g, Rareblue-600g, common blue 200g, Diamond-2000g. I am not putting every price up, you get the idea.
    The price we pay are only for a few items, not for all the stuff the whole game.

3. I would think spending money on food, coins, speed-ups, land expansions would earn them enough money. No one in the right mind would spend anything over $50 for a iphone game.

4. There are paid iphone/ipad games which is fully unlocked for only $0.99-$19.99.

5. Consider the gameplay/ functions of dragon story is so limited compared to other iphone game e.g Mega Mall Story, Game Dev Story Which are only $0.99 now. Dragon story is overcharging.

6. Rising cost to force people to buy overpriced gold is unethical.

That being said I think I would be quitting Dragon Story.
    Unfortunetly, those playing and hooked on Farm Story do spend $ every week. Me included until recently when I finally quit giving them my $ because their customer service and support was so bad! I shouldn't say customer service...cuz they don't really care about customers and good "service" isn't something they understand or strive for. Then they reeled me in a little with the new game...and might have put some more $ in their pockets if they didn't change it up so dramatically! I too have complained numerous times regarding spending actual $ on virtual items we actually don't even own! We can take em with us, can't gift it to anyone, can't sell it back! Yet I got caught up in it too.

i utterly hate it now.

Farm Supplier
    The wait times are unbearable on ds and I would happily pay to rush them along before. Yes, happily. But today to rush my expansion it cost 250 gold?!? Whaaaaat? It was 25 before and THAT seemed high. The wait times in this game are outrageous and waaaay too long, and I believe a major flaw of the game. However, there is no way I will pay 250 gold to speed them up now. Actually, I wouldn't spend even 100 gold on any one item or action. So now I'm left with a really slow paced game with disparities in pricing between players that shouldn't be ignored and inferior customer service that will continue to ignore it?

Tl must be banking on the fact that their games are so mind blowingly superior and distinctive that all of that other little insignificant stuff won't matter to us gamers.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast