Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Expansions - not amused

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkStarbelly View Post
    I had quite a few 2 days expansion, I then had a 4 days expansion wrapping up right before the goals started (and thought they'd stay at 4 for a few more ) but changed to 6 days. Although I consider myself a quite patient player, I have to admit I find 6 days for 4 squares a bit hard to swallow. 3-4 days I feel is the longest that I could still feel wasn't "unfair", 6 days is basically a week which is such a long time, we can only make 5 expansions in a whole month..
    I've had the same expansions time as you this whole time, if I recall correctly. I agree with everything you've said, with the exception of 5 expansions in a month. I think that is being way overly optimistic since it takes 2-3 days just to get all the reservations needed, then you can finally start the 6 day expansion. If people don't use gems to get those extra reservations, or to speed up the expansion, they'll be lucky to get 3 expansions done in a month. I'm very close to quitting this game, as this one block I'm working on now that still has 2 days left, I've been working on it for 7 days already as I had to wait for the reservations first. I'm frustrated because so many people had 2 day expansions when I was stuck with 4, and now I have 6 day expansions but really are most like 9 days since we can't give reservations, only request them and that limits us to 20 a day. Not to mention that we can't even pre-request them if we have an expansion in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    I've had the same expansions time as you this whole time, if I recall correctly. I agree with everything you've said, with the exception of 5 expansions in a month. I think that is being way overly optimistic since it takes 2-3 days just to get all the reservations needed, then you can finally start the 6 day expansion. If people don't use gems to get those extra reservations, or to speed up the expansion, they'll be lucky to get 3 expansions done in a month. I'm very close to quitting this game, as this one block I'm working on now that still has 2 days left, I've been working on it for 7 days already as I had to wait for the reservations first. I'm frustrated because so many people had 2 day expansions when I was stuck with 4, and now I have 6 day expansions but really are most like 9 days since we can't give reservations, only request them and that limits us to 20 a day. Not to mention that we can't even pre-request them if we have an expansion in the works.
    True. I forgot about the reservations for a moment. It's definitely boring. I'm bored as it is with my 21 Sultan Suites, 6 Royal Bedroom, 6 Taj Mahal and 2 Ramen Stands. I have 22 million coins I can't do anything with and 150,000 XP stuck on level 30 AND on top of that, my expansion takes 6 days (+2-3 days preparation like you said). Idk what I'm supposed to do in the main time. Roll my thumbs and keep collecting more coins I can't use? I thing I have been noticing though is, although I might only need 10 more reservations, I still send it to my 200+ nbrs to get it as quick as possible. And with 10 to spare from the allowance of 20/day, I still find it that I have MORE than 10 to spare on my next expansion. Which makes me think that the request lingers longer than 24 hours .. Seems like nbrs that didn't accept on the day we sent it, will see it the next day and be able to help us on the next expansions while nbrs that accept the same day AFTER we already reveiced the limit of 20 will vanish into thin air. Have you ever experienced this?

Nightclub Owner
    I have 88 neighbors and only 13 reservations in my Storage Area, and I know I needed more than 20 for the expansion that's running right now. 20 is being built and I'll be moving on to 21 in a few days. I'm not sure how many reservations I'll need for that, but I have 13 that will already be applied, so that will help a little. I know I'm not getting all my requests back though as I know some neighbors never even got my request. This next one I'm going to send to 20 the first day, and those 20 will be ones I know log into their game daily. I'm hoping by doing that, that when I go to get the rest, I can send to EVERYONE and have a bigger back-up without clogging my system. When I know I won't have to send out anymore requests for 6 days afterwards, my system should be unclogged before I have to send out new requests.

I wish TL would implement a way in all their games for us to see WHO answers our requests. It would be so useful to know. That and allowing us to gift maps/reservations/permits in Dragon/Pet Hotel/Pet Shop. They allow us to gift Banana's in Zoo 2, so why can't we gift our expansion needs in these games??? So frustrating.

Executive Chef
    Are you guys saying that once you pay 2.5 million coins, you have to wait 6 days for the expansion to be finish?
    I play all the games but these days I have been showing more interest in Farm, Bakery, and Pet Hotel Story. But I do check the other games like three times a week. =)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by cast1532 View Post
    Are you guys saying that once you pay 2.5 million coins, you have to wait 6 days for the expansion to be finish?
    Yes, and the price increases by 500,000 for every expansion it seems. So we'll then have to pay 3 mil, 3.5 mil, 4 mil and etc and still have to wait 6 days and that is just when we hit EXPAND, we have to wait 3-5 days prior to that to just get enough reservations first, as those increase for each expansion as well and since we can't gift them, or request them while an expansion is in process, it's taking forever to get 4 tiny little spots.

Host(ess)
    I'm not ready for 6 day expansions. I am a bit confused though. my iPad has 17 expansion and is on 4 day expansion.
    my iPhone has had 17 expansions as well but it's only taking 2 days to expand.

what's going on?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by asics View Post
    I'm not ready for 6 day expansions. I am a bit confused though. my iPad has 17 expansion and is on 4 day expansion.
    my iPhone has had 17 expansions as well but it's only taking 2 days to expand.

what's going on?
    Nothing, you're one of those lucky few who still have 2 day expansions. I had those for about 4 expansions only. It is really unfair of TL to have everyone with different expansion times for the same level.

Host(ess)
    oh. that really sucks.
    I hope they fix it and lower it back to 1 day lol.

Rhino Keeper
    I too am getting close to quitting the game. I'm finding a hard time finding anything to do. I have 4 more days on my 6 day expansion, and all I've been doing is collecting coins, visiting, and sending gifts. I did this on the last 6 day expansion.

I'm not looking for a game where I need to check in once a week to do an expansion. I can't redecorate, or store my pet rooms like the other TL games. So my hotel is pretty static.

So right now I'm just collecting coins waiting. I still have a couple goals that deal with expansions.

But the bigger picture - what do you do with this game when all you are doing is waiting for the expansion to complete? Unless I'm missing something, this game seems to be headed in the same direction as PSS and ZS2 where no expansions are left, and nothing to do, especially since there is no storage.

Executive Chef
    Wonderful I'm on 2 million coins expansion and I'm being sarcastic about wonderful

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast