Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story: Ancient Diary Discovered

Nightclub Owner

Dragon Story: Ancient Diary Discovered

Explorers have discovered the diary of ancient dragon keeper. We have published this diary in as it gives a fascinating insight into the beginning of one dragon keeper?s adventures.

Day 1:

I?ve found myself somehow dumped on top of a mysterious island. I have no idea how I got here as the cliffs are clearly too high to scale. I appear to be in a clearing that is ringed by thick forest.
    What?s that? There?s a giant nest. I better be careful. Maybe whatever uses that nest is playing on using me for baby food.

My curiosity got the better of me and I approached the nest. As I neared it a disembodied voice spoke to me. It was so clear I could almost see the words written in front of me. I was told that I am to be a dragon keeper.

My first task is to hatch a baby dragon. I?ve been told to use gold to speed up the process. Fat chance of that! Gold is precious where I come from so I?m hoarding it.

Day 3:

The last couple of days have gone by in a bit of a blur. I?ve hatched dragons, built habitats for them to play in. I?ve also ventured (very carefully) into their habits to collect the silver that somehow collects there. Could the dragons be pooping silver?? If that?s the case spending money to build farms and grow crops makes sense. From what I?ve observed the more I feed them the more there is to collect. Note to self, track how much food I get and how much food the dragons need as this seems to have changed over time.

Day 4:

I?ve built a breeding den. I can use this to breed more dragons including dragons that I would otherwise have to pay gold for. I?m going to have to keep track of what I breed, how long it takes and what I get.

I?ve also built something called an evolution temple. I?ve put one of dragons in. I wonder what will come out?

Day 5:

I?ve finally figured out a way to get off this island. Unfortunately it only gets me to other people?s islands. Oh well. I?ve taken the opportunity to play with their dragons and get ideas for my own island.
    I?ve got to say I don?t think there dragons are very playful. Most of the ones I tried to play with were already tired. I did notice that when I got back to my island some of the habitats were sparking. It turns out that they had been played with. When I click on them I got more money. Yay!
    One thing I really did take notice of is that other people seem to have cleared more of their island. I?ll have to work out how to do that.

Day 6:

Ok I?ve been a bit of a Nellie. It turns out there are these signs across my island that say expand. I?ve selected an area to expand. It looks like that?s going to cost me money and time.

I?ve checked my expansion at the end of the day. It looks different ? no longer dark and mysterious. I can even select individual items to clear. Well that?s just increased my work load.

Day 7:

I?ve continued expanding but now it?s asking me some things called mystic maps. If I don?t have them I?m supposed to ask my neighbours. What neighbours?

I?ve spent part of the day visiting other people?s islands and asking them on their wall to invite/add me. Good thing I took the time to setup a storm8 id or I wouldn?t be able to tell them who to invite.

Day 10:

I?ve been slack filling in my diary. Basically I?ve been feeding, breeding, evolving my dragons and expanding my island. I?ve even made it to another island. I?ve been using my dragons to fly me about ? otherwise how could I get anywhere.

I?ve also been trying to complete these new goals that some guardians have given. They?re really frustrating me as I?ll have done something (non goal related), finish a goal and then get a new goal to do what I had just finished . . . .

Day 11:

I?m not having much luck with breeding dragons. I?ve had a couple of rares but I?m mainly getting commons. If I get another fruitiful I?m going to have to sell it.

I?ve heard tell that there is a rare diamond dragon that can be breed by using dragons that combine every element. Supposedly firestorm and island gives the best chance. Some people have all the luck as this just gives me fruitifuls and firestorms.

Day 12:

I?ve just encountered a wretched rock. Oh woe is me! It costs $100000 to remove and takes about a day.

The need to clear the expanded areas and gets maps to expand means it?s taking me forever to expand. I?m going to have to use my down time to make some paper as this diary is at an end. Maybe by the time I work this out I'll be able to built more breeding dens and evoloution temples.

This is the end of the first diary. Please keep an eye out for other diaries.

Author?s note: please note that this doesn?t track my first adventures

Fashion Designer
    This is great! Very creative.

Rhino Keeper
    Haha good job��pooping silver!! Lol

Executive Chef
    this is super! I feel like I'm perpetually stuck on day 10, a la groundhog's day.

Farm Supplier

Clever!

Thanks for a good chuckle! pooping cascades of silver!!

Nightclub Owner
    Day 15:

It only took me one day to turn a small bitter bark into paper for my diary. The other days were spent being sick because I has had to see why it was called bitter. Note to self never try that again. I should just stick to the farm food. It's the only thing I can see around here. It's not like there's a handy bakery or restaurant around the corner . . .

Day 16:

My neighbours have reported that weird things are happening with their gold. Some of them have had there gold so devalued that it's now costing five or more times to speed things up. Hmm I wonder if they're in Italy?? I'm lucky that my is still going strong. The little cynic in me thinks my gold is strong because my luck breeding dragons is poor. Seriously who wants another fruitiful, firestorm or island? Is there a way I could swap them with my neighbours?

Day 17:

New dragons have been spotted!!!! It seems that there's a poison, coral and genie one. I thought I'd be clever and breed a magic with a fruitiful as I should end up with a poison or coral one. Nope my luck still sticks, I got a fruitiful. If only fruitifuls would do something useful like increase the amount of crops you can grow.

Day 20:

I see it, I see the way, the way to world domination. I'll unleash my dragons on the unsuspecting world and take all their gold. I'll use the gold to buy diamond dragons and others that I'm missing. No more of this chancy breeding business. It'll all be mine mwah huh huh huh.

Day 21:
    Oh my. I've been under the influence of my mindvolt dragon. Who knew that that he had such a bent? I'm going to have to be very careful around him in future. Maybe I'll have to focus on riddles when trying to feed him. At least I didn't do anything stupid like trying to kidnap my neighbours' dragons. At least I really hope I didn't try.

Day 22:
    Why oh why have the TL gods limited us to only getting 20 maps/day? I have the gold and the need to expand but I'm waiting on these maps. Surely given the time it takes to expand and then clear, they could see fit to allow us to receive more maps. Maybe if they scaled it according to my level? While I'm waiting I'll see if I can scout my neighbours' islands to see which bits I shouldn't expand to. If only we could clearly see in advance where those wretched rocks are.

Bahahaha! Love it, keep it coming ; )

Rhino Keeper
    If you have any luck scoping those wretched rocks please sent me a dragongam. They seem to jump out in front of me.

Great diary. I love it. Brilliant, creative, funny.....

Rhino Keeper
    Great story, and it is so funny. By the way, I have 6 firestorms already. I hope one day when I wake up. There aren't combo of fruitful, firestorm, and mist any more in my breed den!!!

Nightclub Owner
    Day 23:
    Yesterday I was complaining about wretched rocks. Today I heard someone complaining about mouldy boulders. Mouldy boulders, who cares about mouldy boulders I thought. I was then told that they cost $450000 to clear. Suddenly I cared a whole lot about mouldy boulders. I'm a little paranoid now before i select an area to expand. I've found that I've been checking my neighbours' islands to see what's in an area i want to expand to. May I should see if people will submit screenshots of their islands or at least a list of what was on each section?

Day 25:
    What have I done!!! What have I done!!!! Yesterday I went to the TL temple and offered out that I was ok with the powers that be changing the economy if only they'd give me a mindvolt or serpent. My next breed was a serpent so that was great. However in exchange for that the whole economy was destroyed. Habitats have gone up dramatically, food quantities have halved. I feel that my quest to get a serpent has had the sort of effect that rapid climate change and the Euro collapsing would have on the world. Gotta hide so that the mob doesn't come after me. But where can I hide? If I'd been stockpiling gold i could try to buy my way out of it. Hang on that's not going to work as gold costs have gone through the roof and my stash is now worthless.

Day 28:

I've ventured out of hiding today. People are still upset but they haven't twigged that I accidentally caused the catastrophe. Dodged a bullet (or a flaming firestorm) there.

It seems that the powers that be have also been working to calm the hordes. There was a 30 gold reward for gambling. Not sure that's exactly the sort of thing that should be aimed at these games. Then again the way the breeding system works, I feel we've all been conditioned to gamble. On another note more dragons have been spotted. Don't be fooled by them. The structure might be the same as other dragons but the different colours mean that they are definitely different. Hanging out in the night club after a hard day of dragon keeping, I heard that some of these new dragons are super rare but seem to be easier to breed than rares. That must be true as essentially I've heard it from some bloke in the pub.

Day 29:
    Still not having much luck breeding these rares, super rares and ultra rares. I'm up to my ears in firestorms, fruitifuls and islands. Not a very pleasant experience being covered by dragons. In some respects I've been lucky. I have a number of eagles and firestorms. It's got to the stage where I'd be willing to trade even some of those for the dragons I'm missing. Hmm... trading could be a social and commercial aspect of the game. TL could allow us to trade with others all for the cost of some gold. Hang on, I shouldn't make any more suggestions. I've gotta remember what happened last time.

Day 30:
    Maybe I'm not to blame for the reduction in crops. That occurred not long after the poison dragon was discovered. That's it! It's the poison dragon's fault that crops are withering in the field. Oh the weight off my shoulders. Now if only I could find someone else to blame for the economy..... Hmm.... Maybe it's that elusive wizard dragon. Nobody's said that he wasn't a financial wizard. Here's a thought, if I finally do get a wizard dragon, will his name be Bernie???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast