Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever see shops or situations that you can't figure out?

Rhino Keeper

Do you ever see shops or situations that you can't figure out?

So I have this one neighbor that I've been neighbors with for months. I keep her as a neighbor because it's so curious. Here's what I don't get: The last two posts on her wall are from me, one in April and one in March. She has been on level 7 ever since we became neighbors. Her store always looks the same, with the same racks in the same places with the same clothes on them, and is always full of likes on the racks with clothes. Her door is never blocked. And yet she has NEVER run out of stock, or even had one shelf or rack be newly emptied (a few were empty from the start). She's clearly not playing, but how on earth could she have stocked up so much that after two months of inactivity, there's still clothes on the rack? And at only level 7? Is it really possible, or do you think there's a game glitch there?

Do you ever see something going on in someone else's store that you can't figure out?

Executive Chef
    Huh. That's strange. Does she have mirrors and dressing rooms?

Nightclub Owner
    I have two pending invites in fashion like that. I also have a couple pending invitations in restaurant and bakery like that as well. I have never been able to understand it myself.

Nightclub Owner
    I invited his player when i first started playing. To date no food is cooked but it never runs out...

This player probably hasn't been on for over a year.

That's strange at lvl 7 even if they made thousands and thousands of those items it would seem impossible not not to be past lvl 7. At least you get some coins or a couple stars for visiting .

Senior Moderator
    This is my guess - since they have stopped playing, they are not actually running out of anything. As long as you don't open the game, nothing changes. I've played around with it on my 2 devices. I can be in one (using RS as the example), and visit my second one. I'll see all of my counters are fully stocked, exactly as I left it when I had exited out, no matter how long it had been. Once I open my second one, I get the Welcome Back message, and receive coins for the sales of the food, and my counters empty.

I have several neighbors on my second RS that quit playing long ago (several over a year ago). I keep them for expanding purposes lol. But when I'm doing my tipping, I still visit, because most of the time I can tip them. It seems to vary a bit from game to game, but tables/racks/crops/etc get cleared of tips/etc every so often.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by greygull View Post
    This is my guess - since they have stopped playing, they are not actually running out of anything. As long as you don't open the game, nothing changes. I've played around with it on my 2 devices. I can be in one (using RS as the example), and visit my second one. I'll see all of my counters are fully stocked, exactly as I left it when I had exited out, no matter how long it had been. Once I open my second one, I get the Welcome Back message, and receive coins for the sales of the food, and my counters empty.

I have several neighbors on my second RS that quit playing long ago (several over a year ago). I keep them for expanding purposes lol. But when I'm doing my tipping, I still visit, because most of the time I can tip them. It seems to vary a bit from game to game, but tables/racks/crops/etc get cleared of tips/etc every so often.

Thanks for this explanation, it makes sense. I always wondered how some boutiques that have clearly been abandoned, with their doors unblocked, never run out of items! Apparently their players never checked back into the game, so to us visitors it is frozen at the point where they last checked in. And then the boutiques that are empty of items (with customers walking in, getting angry and walking out) are the ones where the player checked in one more time after it was empty, and then never returned. Right?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Zatara View Post
    Thanks for this explanation, it makes sense. I always wondered how some boutiques that have clearly been abandoned, with their doors unblocked, never run out of items! Apparently their players never checked back into the game, so to us visitors it is frozen at the point where they last checked in. And then the boutiques that are empty of items (with customers walking in, getting angry and walking out) are the ones where the player checked in one more time after it was empty, and then never returned. Right?
    Yeah gg is right I had a shop last year at level 82 but didn't know we could transfer. Back then but I invited my sf with my current shop and everything is. Stocked just like I left it,..... Maybe one day I'll transfer it when I get another device....I imagine when I go in everything will quick sell

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Zatara View Post
    Yes, that's my guess too - they opened the game one more time, well after they hadn't played in a while, saw everything empty, and closed the game again.

One funny thing with that - if you see a place that is empty, and people are leaving mad - notice how their happiness level doesn't change?

Also, something I forgot to say in the first one - if they have closed down, I've noticed they keep their last star rating (for tipping/etc.). Some of those neighbors I have that quit over a year ago - still 2-3 stars. It doesn't change unless you open the game as well. If I go on vacation, and can't use one of my devices, when I check from my other, I'm still the same star rating, until I get home and open it.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Fashion Designer
    See, there's no way to officially quit. There are games on my daughters kindle that have not been looked at in two months. If I visit them from mine, there are still the same clothes and food and nothing changes.

I dont wanna know how many abandoned games are taking up space on the TL servers. Its gotta cost them $$$$ in the long run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast