Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story: Farming

Executive Chef

Dragon Story: Farming

I feel like I just wasted money buying the big farm. Why is it that the more expensive food items take longer and offer less food per coin? And it doesn't seem like crops wither, which is nice.

Is anyone else annoyed by the poor value for the more expensive crops?
    I suppose it's good for overnight farming, but you get more food in less time planting the 30 second crop.

So what is everyone's strategy for food?

Mine, I grumble under my breath and go for the Fireapples, two hour crop, 1200 coins, yields 200 apples. Not as good a deal as the Impuberries, but not having to click every half-minute either.

The Honorable Panda
    I do 2 hour crop though out the day. I get 6 xps when I collect so that is something.
    I will do the 5 hour if I get really busy.
    Overnight I run the 8 hour.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by viviansmo View Post
    I feel like I just wasted money buying the big farm. Why is it that the more expensive food items take longer and offer less food per coin? And it doesn't seem like crops wither, which is nice.

Is anyone else annoyed by the poor value for the more expensive crops?
    I suppose it's good for overnight farming, but you get more food in less time planting the 30 second crop.

So what is everyone's strategy for food?

Mine, I grumble under my breath and go for the Fireapples, two hour crop, 1200 coins, yields 200 apples. Not as good a deal as the Impuberries, but not having to click every half-minute either.
    It is slow starting off but trust you will need those farms large so you can pump food out to lvl dragons I'm stuck in a rhythm now where I consistently have 10k food to feed new dragons and dragons that have finished evolving. It takes 2500 food to get from lvl 9-10 here's a ss of my info

Nightclub Owner
    Even though it's more expansive and not as productive, you will still end up with more food planting the 8 hours overnight. Unless of course you dont sleep

Senior Moderator
    When I can make a farm big, I run the 20 hour crop (which I've forgotten the name lol), because most of the time I'm waiting for an egg to hatch or evolving to complete. After the first evolution, I can't jump straight to the next evolution, but I don't mind waiting. I try and keep dragons around the same levels, so right now all of mine are either level 6 waiting to evolve, or level 9, waiting for food or to evolve. Small farms I run the 2 hour crop, otherwise I'd just stay in the game all day with the 30 second one
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Executive Chef
    Yeah, Ive been farming the two hr ones on all my farms today, because I'm home. Overnight, my small farms will continue the two hr, but if I have enough coins, I'll go for the 8 hr on the large farm.

Do dragons do anything special when they get to lvl 10? I have one at lvl 9 I've been feeding when I can.

Fashion Designer
    Huh, for some reason I only have 30 sec,3min, and 2hr crops, are the rest on the large farm? Cuz I was trying to decide to buy one or not cuz I thought they were the same...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by catgirl477 View Post
    Huh, for some reason I only have 30 sec,3min, and 2hr crops, are the rest on the large farm? Cuz I was trying to decide to buy one or not cuz I thought they were the same...
    You get 5, 8 and 20 hour groups with the large farm

Farm Supplier
    I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but it now takes me 5000k food to level from nine to ten.

Can you ever wait too long and the food isn't good anymore?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast