Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USPS Refusal of Service

Banned

USPS Refusal of Service

I have officially had it with USPS. Why? Listen to my story.

About 1 and 1/2 weeks ago, I ordered something online via Amazon.com. I selected regular shipping at checkout (5-8 business days). I tracked it, and when it finally came to my local post office location, I was eagerly waiting for my package. 3 days later, it has still been sitting there in their darn facility. THEN... I saw the mailman come by and deliver mail. I ran out in the rain to get the mail... only to come and find ADS, NOT my package, which has been sitting there for 3 days! Shouldn't the package be their priority vs. the advertisements? Evidently it is not.

I am really upset, so I request of you to please join me on my strike. It is really simple, and it is much more convenient to you. From now on, instead of collecting those ads just to throw them away, leave them in the mailbox and only collect letters and packages that have been addressed to you or your family (i.e. a letter, a package, etc.). Since it isn't our property, why should we be the ones to collect the ads that they flood our mailbox with? Is an ad worth more than your customer's package? For USPS, it certainly is! All you have to do is leave advertisements in the box.

Maybe Amazon.com should have disguised the package as a Walmart ad? Would it have shipped much faster?

I hope you see what you are wasting your tax dollars for. This isn't the only uselessness the USPS serves. They have enough money to post expensive TV ads on CNN claiming that they are nearly broke? Are you kidding me? Just doing that is utterly contradicting their point! Instead of burning their money on national television ads, MAYBE they could spend it WISELY like HIRING MORE WORKERS so packages can ship more efficiently? I dont know... just a thought... You are paying for national television ads (without any say in this, of course... we have no idea what the government does with our money) with your hard-earned money. Why do they want us to support them? So they can continue running their business by sending countless ads?

Please, join the strike. It's really simple. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Farm Supplier
    That happened to me a few months ago. Through tracking I saw my package at the local post office, but it wasn't delivered. I called the post office and told them about it. This nice man immediately got in a truck and brought my package out to me. Give them a call, hope it works for you too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amymcc View Post
    That happened to me a few months ago. Through tracking I saw my package at the local post office, but it wasn't delivered. I called the post office and told them about it. This nice man immediately got in a truck and brought my package out to me. Give them a call, hope it works for you too.
    Thanks, I will call them.

Banned
    Did you get your package? Didn't they leave a paper saying you have to pick it up at post office? That's what they did when I ordered from Disney store

Banned
    Nothing whatsoever. Amazon said it would be delivered to my door.

The lady on the other line said it came in THIS MORNING, not three days ago. At this point it looks like either one of the parties was lying to me, or someone enjoys playing around with the bar code number of my package.

Executive Chef
    Bummer

Side note: While most people think that the USPS is a government service, it's actually privately run.

I always use UPS if the option is there. USPS is just too unpredictable and they seem to have a really high incidence of error and a really lousy attitude about it. I don't like FedEx either because their drivers are often unreliable -- sometimes they leave package slips without bothering to even ring the doorbell because it's faster. Blech.

It's hard to ******* USPS because you often don't have a choice. But when I do, I choose not to use them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by driftboutique View Post
    Bummer

Side note: While most people think that the USPS is a government service, it's actually privately run.

I always use UPS if the option is there. USPS is just too unpredictable and they seem to have a really high incidence of error and a really lousy attitude about it. I don't like FedEx either because their drivers are often unreliable -- sometimes they leave package slips without bothering to even ring the doorbell because it's faster. Blech.

It's hard to ******* USPS because you often don't have a choice. But when I do, I choose not to use them.
    It is semi-private, a portion of our taxpayer dollar goes to their service. Not exactly a ******* -- its a bit different, but I'm not sure I should have titled it what I did.

Unfortunately, Amazon.com does not allow customers to choose what delivery service they would like to ship the order. I will send an email to them regarding this. Thanks for your concern, driftbotique!

Grand Emperor
    Is usps the united states postal service?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Yes it is.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Yes

The reason ads take precedent is that they are a good steady source of income for the usps and don't worry the usps will soon be a thing of the past and when it is no longer a federal crime for a person to touch your mail the real trouble will begin and this package will seem meaningless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast