Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Bakery

Rhino Keeper
    My bakery is also cutesy/kitschy realistic too and if I purchase a box, even if I get one of the more sought after prizes I still don't use them because I don't want giant lollipops and gummie bears in my bakery lol. It's fun seeing the fantasy bakeries because they're really Willy Wonka-like which I find adorable but I want something FOR ME which is non-fantasy. We should be able to have the option and in my opinion would be better because there would be variety in each individual bakery and shows the player's personality. One person's Willy Wonka bakery is another person's Brooklyn coffee shop.

Rhino Keeper
    That was in reply to driftboutique....whew too much coffee lol

@ AnnasCoffee The next thing you know we're going to get a baby nursery theme complete with diaper changing table and giant stork cradling a baby from its beak! No offense to anyone who might like that though lol The puppies in a basket(health code violation!) wouldn't be so bad if they switched it up and gave some variety and kept it relevant to BAKING lol

Executive Chef
    Here is pinkcherryb's bakery (posted with her permission). I love it! I see what you mean by "kitschy" it's warm and inviting. Its very realistic, everything is about baking! A mixer would be perfect in here

Storks!?! ... Don't give them any ideas! Everytime I see animals in bakery that is what I think... "Health Code Violation" (no offense to anyone, it's just not my thing).

Rhino Keeper
    Oh YAY! It's finally on here! Thanks a bunch! And thank you! I'd just burst into a million pieces of rainbow butterfly glitter confetti for a stand mixer lol

Rhino Keeper
    I love your bakery anna. I have a very simple bakery and I don't like it when people but so much color in their bakeries they look gaudy. My bakery only has green, purple, and white.

Banned
    I guess my bakery is gaudy lol

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetstuff525 View Post
    I guess my bakery is gaudy lol
    I'm sure it's not! I think the colors in bakery all go really well together. It's hard to make anything clash. Besides, I agree with pinkcherryb, everybody wants something different out of their design. As long as you like it, who cares?

Here's mine, BTW... I have cats (shh, don't tell the health inspector):

Executive Chef
    I like mine too, realistic with some whimsy. I like the pastels, i Find them soothing. I'm finally happy with mine and don't do a lot to change it up, I may switch out a decoration here or there but that's it.

I have violated the health code but I love my poodles. I promise they are well behaved and have never left their mats. They are good at keeping the riff raff out too.

I don't like all the unrealistic stuff and I hated the fairy tale theme. Except a couple of the wall hangings. I like it to look real and uncluttered.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnasCoffee View Post
    The look that I prefer is... SIMPLE, ELEGANT, FEMININE and REALISTIC. I was encourged after seeing this weeks table and chairs and the diamond sign. I would be happy to see more items to go with them.

Here are some more ideas... I really want a COFFEE POT or tea pot (in blue and white china or silver). I would also like some tasteful signs, in a gold and tan with pretty scrolls or chalkboard finish would be appropriate. They could say simple things like "Open", "Closed", "Bakery". I would love a vertical chalk board sign that listed words like "coffee, mocha, latte, cappuccino, etc.". And coin flooring that WASN'T tiles... maybe carpet (NOT pastel) or marble. I would like more lamps/lighting options. A pendant light would be great.

The coffee sign that we got today is too red and obnoxious. Modern doesn't mean "Las Vegas". It's TOO bold. We asked for "modern", but i dont want it to be harsh and cold. Modern can be elegant and feminine. When i say modern ... I mean NOT grandma or little girl. Example... last week's bird feeder etc. it looked like something for an old grandma's house (well not MY grandma, she had better taste than that). And we had way too many updates with fairy tale/little girl items. It's time for some elegant/adult stuff.

Here is my realistic looking bakery.
    i love it!!

i totally agree about the coffee pot or tea kettle idea too!

Fashion Designer
    I remodel my bakery about twice a week, so some times it's realistic and sometimes its not, but I'll post a pic next time it is