Page 6 of 133 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Bakery

Rhino Keeper
    Anna, I think one way to make the game better decorating wise is if the counters could be used for non food items as well. For instance, I like the Bread Bag but if I were to purchase it with gems that means my real life currency purchased virtual item would be located on the FLOOR of my bakery. It has one random bagel resting on the side of the bag held up by...the FLOOR lol I get it, it's not real life it's a game with food we didn't really bake that imaginary people "consume" but it's still unappealing. And why can't we rotate darn gumball machine! It shall forever face west lol I wrote super duper long ideas list in New Themes for Bakery Story but I'm going to add them there and condense it down so people will actually read it.

Hentie2 The Glass Door Refrigerator idea is out of this world, I want one now! and Anna, the Tea Waitress! I still want me a hot stud holding a coffee pot and his lovely co-worker holding a sample tray of tiny cupcakes and macarons *swoon*

Rhino Keeper
    Old Fashion Ice Cream Parlor
    Here are some images from old fashioned ice cream parlors and soda fountains, they're not bakeries but hey....neither are fairytale forests Recipes could include ice cream cake, ice cream cupcakes, ice cream sandwiches and a new soda fountain drink machine with soda floats, vanilla and strawberry shakes. The sprinkle shelf would work well with this theme and how about an ice cream freezer display and a toppings station display with different sprinkles like cookie crums, m&ms and gummi bears.

https://canadianhostess.blogspot.com/...am-buffet.html

https://vintagemetalart.com/store/ret...-c-94_123.html

https://www.drugstoremuseum.com/secti...hp?level_id=47

I'm going to continue posting more pictures and theme ideas soon! If anyone has more suggestions for an Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor please add them

Banned
    Once I showed my bakery to my mom, and she said : Why are all your tables so close together?!?! Do you honk those strangers like sitting right next to each other?!?!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jumphigh128 View Post
    Once I showed my bakery to my mom, and she said : Why are all your tables so close together?!?! Do you honk those strangers like sitting right next to each other?!?!
    Oops....not honk, think...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jumphigh128 View Post
    Lol! When I see bakeries with tables in long lines or to make one big table, I always think, I'd hate to eat somewhere like that in real life! I went to the noodle place Wagamama one time and felt all freaked out at having to sit on a long bench in between strangers.

Executive Chef
    I've seen places almost filled with tables

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkcherryb View Post
    Old Fashion Ice Cream Parlor. If anyone has more suggestions for an Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor please add them
    Of course I LOVE this idea!!! How perfect for summer. All the pictures I found are PASTEL PINK and BABY BLUE ... But I LOVE them.

List of more Items for ice cream soda theme
    1. Scrolled metal cafe style chair in BABY BLUE. My favorite is the one that scrolls into a heart shape.
    2. Ice cream soda display in pastel pink with baby blue accents
    3. Old fashion white glass pendant light (these are classic)
    4. Windows or sings saying "Ice Cream Soda". Love the scrolls in the corners.
    5. Fancy glasses

Executive Chef
    Here is mickamoo's bakery (posted with her permission)

You did such a great job of creating separate rooms. Each room has has it's own color scheme, I love how you combined the brown, orange and gray. And you carried the brown flooring over into the pink room so the two rooms mesh well together. Its really beautiful

Oh... And... Umm... THAT'S A LOT OF FOOD!! I think you have a "food room". it looks yummy

New Resident
    Thank you so much (for posting the pic which I couldn't do, and for the compliments).
    I guess I've got way too much food - 126 counters, over 45,000 of each! But that's for another thread

I wholeheartedly agree with all the suggestions for realistic items - enough with the dragons and rainbows TL.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnasCoffee View Post
    The look that I prefer is... SIMPLE, ELEGANT, FEMININE and REALISTIC. I was encourged after seeing this weeks table and chairs and the diamond sign. I would be happy to see more items to go with them.

Here are some more ideas... I really want a COFFEE POT or tea pot (in blue and white china or silver). I would also like some tasteful signs, in a gold and tan with pretty scrolls or chalkboard finish would be appropriate. They could say simple things like "Open", "Closed", "Bakery". I would love a vertical chalk board sign that listed words like "coffee, mocha, latte, cappuccino, etc.". And coin flooring that WASN'T tiles... maybe carpet (NOT pastel) or marble. I would like more lamps/lighting options. A pendant light would be great.

The coffee sign that we got today is too red and obnoxious. Modern doesn't mean "Las Vegas". It's TOO bold. We asked for "modern", but i dont want it to be harsh and cold. Modern can be elegant and feminine. When i say modern ... I mean NOT grandma or little girl. Example... last week's bird feeder etc. it looked like something for an old grandma's house (well not MY grandma, she had better taste than that). And we had way too many updates with fairy tale/little girl items. It's time for some elegant/adult stuff.

Here is my realistic looking bakery.

I love your bakery

Page 6 of 133 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast