Page 132 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1328

Thread: Realistic Bakery

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 081702 View Post
    It's adorable. To the point, not cluttered. Just enough space for the bots to get in, eat, pay and waddle out.
    If you want a realistic design ask AnnasCoffee. She's the realistic master.

Farm Supplier
    @cherryberry9 & OnCloudDivine : I just can't seem to find a design pretty enough for my small bakery

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SakuraBlossom188 View Post
    @cherryberry9 & OnCloudDivine : I just can't seem to find a design pretty enough for my small bakery
    You'll have to buy more decorations and a lot of them will have to be with gems with a lot of tours at the ridic priced boxes you'll be bankrupt soon enough so I only recommend doing this when you have a lot of money both real and virtual to spare. It goes without saying you will then never expand again.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kianebakes View Post
    You'll have to buy more decorations and a lot of them will have to be with gems with a lot of tours at the ridic priced boxes you'll be bankrupt soon enough so I only recommend doing this when you have a lot of money both real and virtual to spare. It goes without saying you will then never expand again.
    lol thanks But I just remodeled, so maybe this seems cuter..? anyone know wether it's good or not..? here you go:

I don't know if mine looks good can someone post a pic of it my ID is domo2001

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by domo2001 View Post
    Sure I'll send you an invite you can accept it if you want

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jellypie200 View Post
    Sure I'll send you an invite you can accept it if you want
    Oh yeah and my bakery name is
    Cupcakes

Executive Chef
    Domo2001's Bakery

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by domo2001 View Post
    Again, the purpose is to recreate or design as if it is a bakery you'd go to or see in real life; while your design is functional, would you like sitting next to and across from strangers cafeteria style? Try tablew in groups of two or four, to make it more personal for your customers.

Would you like going to an establishment that has no windows? That would make things darker and less inviting, add some simple wall decor to give your patrons somethig nice to look at

Any of these suggestions can be taken as far as you want, with or without gems, and spending under 50,000 coins, or as much as 1 million coins! Just put yourself into your bakery, think about it coming to life, and enjoy decorating!

Fashion Designer
    I found this from the OP, to save you all the trouble of looking through all the pages, although it can be really fun to do!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkcherryb View Post
    Post #223
    I've been asked to give some tips on how to create a realistic modern bakery/cafe while still keeping a charming whimsical atmosphere, so here are the ideas that I've used to create mine. I'm a writer so bare with me as this might be long winded, I like to give as many details as possible.

Color Scheme
    When I thought about the design and layout of my bakery I first thought of what my personal style is. I picked the Yellow Wanscot wallpaper because it reminded me of an ice cream parlor and the detailing looks very realistic but adds charm with an old fashioned feel at the same time. I originally wanted the pink version but those cost gems so unfortunately I had to settle for yellow (still pretty though!). I think it's important to first think of what your personal style is, some people like ******s while others like solid colors or intricate patterns. Whatever it may be, try to create your own theme the best way that you can which also includes your color scheme. I picked yellow, cream and brown, it's kind of inspired by a honeybee. As I mentioned before pink was my ideal choice because pink, brown and cream remind me of neapolitan ice cream. These subtle details are actually important because in real life food service businesses choose colors that encourage your appetite, for example green, red and yellow are colors that make us hungry while the color blue supresses hunger (but the right shade of blue can create a fun playful atmosphere). Your colors don't have to repeat in all aspects of your bakery, mine don't and that's a good thing because it adds pops of color and creates interest, just be careful not to use too many colors in your main layout as this can distract the senses because that tends to be very busy and confuses the eye.

Layout
    Think of yourself in your bakery, if you were a customer how comfortable do you think you would be with a large quantity of tables and chairs all around? Real eat in restaurants consider the spacing of the tables and chairs to create an inviting easy going atmosphere so the patrons can really enjoy their meal. Think of it as an eb and flow, room to breathe, stretch and walk. I know that many players want as many coin tips as possible but it takes away from the realism and I personally don't feel it's worth having that many unused tables on the floor (that's just me though). Another thing that I really wanted to do was set up my counters to have a really delectable looking spread. I picked what I feel are the prettiest and yummiest looking baked goods to display, I have cookies, cupcakes and donuts out for patrons to see, these are quick go to desserts for people on the go (sometimes I imagine some of the customers purchase to-go like in real life, it makes the game more enjoyable for me). I continue to make some of the desserts even after I've mastered them because they have the colors that I'm looking for (the sugar cookies, the vanilla cupcakes, chocolate and jelly donuts). Spacing is important too, I evenly space and coordinate wall decorations (especially windows and doors) keeping in mind colors, shapes and patterns. Also, a counter anywhere but near the register isn't very realistic, you'd have customers with sticky fingers and not just from your glazed donuts. *wink*

Sections
    I created a kitchen with the white dividers, using my imagination I pretend the dividers are really walls that are cut off for viewing purposes. I've also seen pilars and bookcases used to create walls which is so creative! You can use sections to create different feels, book shelves, a coffee carousel with wooden tables and chairs creates a bookstore/coffee shop while a cookie display, beverage tower and garden patio set create a dessert boutique! Sidenote: You don't have to wait for TeamLava, create your own theme, bright colors like pink, purple and blue bring to mind a candy shop, use the candy display and gumball machine, pink trash can, balloons and *voila!* a sweet treats shop!

Decorating
    The really fun part! I choose a designated area for my whimsical cutesy decorations. It creates a more cohesive display area and it showcases your personality. I'm eclectic and kitschy so while I choose an elegant dainty tea cupboard and a kawaii styled donut statue, the pastels in both match my color scheme. Remember, your appliances and food are your decorations too so placing a drink machine with your register and counters next to say a platter of croissants would definitely give a realistic feel to your bakery. An ice cream machine in the front looks great too while a deep fryer looks more appropriate in a kitchen/baking area. You can even assort your food by size and color, for instance, I'll put hot chocolate next to glasses of mocha but keep lattes visible so tall beverages won't block that pretty little heart design in the center. A red velvet cake would look darling next to a chocolate cake because red and brown look devilishly tasty together while pink raspberry macarons and green key lime pie look stunning next to eachother.

Warm Fuzzy Part
    Okay so I've said a lot and I hope it's not too involved and confusing, the most important thing to do is just play with it and take your time. My bakery didn't start off as nice as it is now and while yes the box items helped me (I'm a sucker for cutness!) you don't need them to create your bakery, there are many examples of box prizeless bakeries that are quite impressive. I wish on all of the stars in the sky that TeamLava would create more timeless and classic decorations that are NOT in a box for those of us who really want to make our bakeries realistic and beautifully designed at the same time. I have to say I'm very honored to be asked these types of questions and that this thread has survived this long so thank you to everyone who participates, adds their ideas and keeps this thread going. You guys are so great and it's so much fun sharing with you. If anyone has any questions, don't be afraid to ask I'm very nice and I don't bite! lol