Page 1 of 133 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Bakery

Rhino Keeper

Red face Realistic Bakery

I've never purchased a limited edition item but this time I just couldn't pass it up, I also purchased the boardwalk looking coffee sign by mistake but I'm under loopiness inducing medication so I give myself a pass ;p lol My bakery is more on the realistic side and I wish I could show you guys but I'm Android so no dice! Is it just me or does it seem like these were two separate theme updates meshed together for the sake of Mama's Day? The coffee sign is just so...out of place? I'm not complaining, just saying.... Anyway as I said I'm in looove with the coffee bean display since it's so realistic and was wondering if anyone else out there has a more realistic looking bakery too? Maybe we can use this thread to showcase those bakeries and suggest potential items for people who want more bakery oriented decorations. I'll start:

Industrial Refrigerator(like the one from RS Mystery Mail Box)
    Large Stand Mixer(maybe a custard yellow color for a touch of whimsy)
    Another Display Counter for small desserts like cupcakes, macarons and fun shaped cookies
    Pots and Pans Metal Shelf(Floor Decoration)
    Sprinkle Shelf (Wall Decoration)- my personal wish!

I'm sure there are other realistic bakery items others would like to see, I thought I'd start a fun thread on what people wish for and if anyone has a realistic looking bakery please post it

Rhino Keeper
    i started out trying to be realistic but you can't do that AND make coin quickly at the same time.
    (as well as other issues)

Now some bakeries are 100% nonsense. like having 200 tables and no chairs for tips.
    Meh to that. Mine is sorta in the middle and i have a chair for every table lol

I even have Irish waitresses to give it a more realistic feel. I.e. SOMEONE actually working there :P

Rhino Keeper
    I started playing back in December and I'm on level 63, I have 20 tables and I know that's very little for most players but for me it gives it a realistic charm and I really like it that way. I've played almost everyday since then, I see a lot of posts on how to achieve maximum profits but I just play for fun and whenever I get to that certain amount to upgrade is when I do, I don't want it to work lol. I think one thing that would solve the excessive table issue is a Tip Jar on a counter, like the Cash Register. I'd looooove a tip jar. I have the Irish Waitress too but she's standing behind the register, she's way cuter than the girl avatar and I wish, Wish, WISH we could have customizable avatars! lol I'd love to have different "employees" standing around my bakery in aprons or cute old fashioned uniforms.

Executive Chef
    The look that I prefer is... SIMPLE, ELEGANT, FEMININE and REALISTIC. I was encourged after seeing this weeks table and chairs and the diamond sign. I would be happy to see more items to go with them.

Here are some more ideas... I really want a COFFEE POT or tea pot (in blue and white china or silver). I would also like some tasteful signs, in a gold and tan with pretty scrolls or chalkboard finish would be appropriate. They could say simple things like "Open", "Closed", "Bakery". I would love a vertical chalk board sign that listed words like "coffee, mocha, latte, cappuccino, etc.". And coin flooring that WASN'T tiles... maybe carpet (NOT pastel) or marble. I would like more lamps/lighting options. A pendant light would be great.

The coffee sign that we got today is too red and obnoxious. Modern doesn't mean "Las Vegas". It's TOO bold. We asked for "modern", but i dont want it to be harsh and cold. Modern can be elegant and feminine. When i say modern ... I mean NOT grandma or little girl. Example... last week's bird feeder etc. it looked like something for an old grandma's house (well not MY grandma, she had better taste than that). And we had way too many updates with fairy tale/little girl items. It's time for some elegant/adult stuff.

Here is my realistic looking bakery.

Executive Chef
    Oh, I forgot something. I'm not sure if I can explain it... I want to put walls inside my bakery. Not just dividers but full height walls. And then be able to put wallpaper and pictures on them too. If you look at the picture of my bakery above; I would put the walls where the bookcases and wood pillars are now.

This would probably be a programming nightmare, so it's just an idea that i know will likely never happen.

Rhino Keeper
    I love your bakery, it is in fact very simple and elegant and your use of color and pattern gives it a very regal look My real style is a lil bit of a shabby chic and a lot of kitsch and my bakery reflects that(how I wish I could show you guys! darn! lol) I know what you mean about wanting walls, I just "pretend" my dividers are walls and the top half is invisible for ease of view. You did an excellent job of creating your own walls with the shelves and I second the Menu Board! I really want one! lol

Just had a thought, we should be able to have different doors, I find my door to be really unattractive and I'd love a creamy white door with the "open/closed" sign already on it since doors can't be decorated......wishin' and hopin' and prayin'....lol

Executive Chef
    Anna, I love it! You did a great job making it look chic which is really hard to do since the elements we have to choose from are so cutesy.

My bakery is TOTALLY cutesy, haha. But in a realistic way, I think. I don't have any really outlandish items. I would really love some more contemporary, sophisticated choices, though. I've been begging for non-pastel walls and dark wood floors for more than a year now. I know we have the hardwood floor (which I used to make a bridge over my totally realistic stream, haha) but I want wood floors like the ones in fashion.

Rhino Keeper
    I love your bakery AnnasCoffee! It looks very elegant and realistic. I'm sure it took lots of effort and work to get it that way!

I can't post a picture of mine as I have an Android phone but I try to make mine realistic. There are some great items such as the brown cafe tables and chairs, but decorations are limited because most of them follow the very 'girly' sort of theme or fantasy theme. (I have seen some beautiful pink, girly bakeries with balloons and teddy bears but it's not to my taste).

I like my bakery to be a bit like Waterstone's book-shop cafe in Belfast (I live in Northern Ireland).

More realistic and 'grown up' (!) items I'd like to see include

Dividers in other colours e.g. brown or wooden look
    A realistic sofa/couch (you get these in ALL real cafes now, why can't we have one?)
    A pretty chalkboard as suggested by AnnasCoffee
    Pots and pans as suggested by pinkcherryb

Can't think of any better ideas at the moment..
    I'm so glad to see this thread as I thought it was just me! ^_^

Rhino Keeper
    AnnasCoffee, I love your bakery, you did a great job into making it pretty and elegant!

Executive Chef
    Aww... Thanks everyone I'm glad other people want a realistic look too. I wish Android users could post pictures. I would love to see more bakeries with a realistic look. I hope some more people post pics in here.

Ive been thinking about pinkcherryb's idea about the tip jar. Tipping in this game is a JOKE. If you had 100 tables and 70 neighbors tip you. You would have to log in 4 times to clear the tips. And you would only make 8,400 coins. It's not worth it to ruin the look of your bakery and you would have to spend an hour tipping your neighbors to earn so little. A tip jar could be made to hold 20 or 50 tips. That way we would still have to log in, to clear it. "They" want us to log in because it makes their game look good.

Back to decorating... I love the idea of realistic couches, not everyone wants a "sundae or doughnut" sofa. more pots and pans, I love my copper pots, a whole counter with copper pots would be pretty. Wood floors would be really pretty and maybe brick walls. I would like some curtains. If we can't have walls for in the middle of our bakeries maybe some full height patterened fabric walls for dividers. And I want a WHOLE collection of tea and coffee pots... In all shapes and sizes and colors.

Oh, I'm dreaming... I'm sure we will get more cartoon characters and kittens and pink flowers and everything ugly pastel... Meh... Same old, same old...So BORING!

One more thing... Some people asked for "modern" decorations (I was one of them). But pinkcherryb's word "realistic" is really what I meant to say. I DON'T want cold, hard, "futuristic" decorations.

Page 1 of 133 123451151101 ... LastLast