Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Profit Amounts Are Horrible!

Banned

Thumbs down Profit Amounts Are Horrible!

I started playing a couple of weeks ago and I noticed the amount you get per item is horrible....it's worse than RS prices and I thought that was bad! Most of the articles of clothing/accessories are only $2 per sale there is only a few that are $5. How in the world are you supposed to make money in this game? It's ridiculous!

It's gotten to the point that I'm about ready to quit playing Fashion Story, this game is not gem worthy, as I would like to call it...I wont ever be buying gems for a game that is too difficult to make any profit from!! TL really needs to rethink the profit amounts to keep players motivated & not frustrated!

What items do you think are short on profit? I can suggest these to the design team.
    Also please remember that the game has been carefully balanced to maximize fun for everyone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterPanda View Post
    What items do you think are short on profit? I can suggest these to the design team.
    Also please remember that the game has been carefully balanced to maximize fun for everyone.

It would take me a long time to list each one...but I noticed that all the orders that are 6 hrs or less most if not all are only $2 per sale. But in RS there are a lot recipes that are shorter time but still $4 a plate. It seems w/ this game you have to do all long hour orders to make any decent money!
    Am I right? I'm not liking that.

as you progress int he game you will earn more money...stick with it...I can make 40K in 2 hours...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansmommy View Post
    as you progress int he game you will earn more money...stick with it...I can make 40K in 2 hours...

Wow...that is alot of $! I'm on level 23 right now. So I hope it gets better soon. I'm losing momentum.....

Fashion Designer
    I agree with you. I'm comfortable with my coin balance because I primarily focus on $5 items. As you correctly stated, this means focussing on cataloges that take much longer. The other problem is that unless its 16 hours or greater, most of the $5 options are accessories. This requires a purchase of a table which is much more expense than a rack. You can buy a rack for 1,000 coins but the cheapest coin option for a table is 4,000 and most of the options cost gems or 16,000 coins+.

If you're interested in $5 options which take less time, here are your options:

6 hrs:
    Crystal Stillettos from the Sapphire Blue Catalog
    Feather Rompers from the Urban Sweet Catalog
    Sweater Vests and Preppy Skirts from the Preppy Student Catalog
    Cowl Sweater Dress and Cincher Belt from the Fireside Evening Catalog

8 hrs:
    Winter Blue Catalog (all 4 items)
    Flat Cap from the Emerald Isle Catalog
    Military Button Ups from the Carefree Belle Catalog

9 hrs:
    Red Coat from the Lady in Red Catalog

10 hrs:
    Football Fanatic Catalog (all 4 items)

12 hrs:
    Night Diamond Catalog (all 4 items)
    Emerald Green Catalog (all 4 items)
    Other 12 hour catalogs but its usually not the clothes just all or some of the shoes/accessories
    Exception is the Spring Flair catalog which just came out couple weeks ago; all items only yield $2

Fashion Designer
    Some of the best advice I found on the forum when I first started was to focus on increasing your coin balance before starting to decorate or buy clothes for your avatar (if you're into that). Your balance will quickly grow. Also, if making money is very important to you then I would caution against focusing on the goals when you're just starting out. Those goals can be very costly to your coin balance.

It's been awhile so I don't quite remember but I believe a lot of the $5 options don't open up to right way. So if you're in the lower levels, the recommendation I received which worked out great was to focus on ordering inventory and expanding and buy wall mirrors when possible (500 coins vs 7,500 coins for floor mirror), order inexpensive tools: basic racks (1,000 - 2,000 coins vs 25,000 - 40,000 coins or 2 - 5 gems for the decorative ones) and basic tables (2,500 - 5,000 coins vs 10,000 - 20,000 coins or 1 - 5 gems for the decorative ones).

Also remember with tables, they all function the same (thin, square, and rectangular). The difference is aesthetics; how many pairs of shoes do you want to visually see: one pair (thin table), four pairs (square table), or 8 pairs (rectangular table). The larger the table, the higher the price but all the tables will take multiple orders of the same item. I didn’t necessarily realize that until I’d played a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by lin77 View Post
    Wow...that is alot of $! I'm on level 23 right now. So I hope it gets better soon. I'm losing momentum.....
    I'm in level 47 and i win 40k a day. This is so not normal !

Rhino Keeper
    I agree that money seems way too hard to come by in Fashion Story, but I doubt this will change. So as someone who has also struggled with money for the longest time, I can offer you some advice on what seems to have helped me maximize profits most: Lots of full-ish displays!

I used to keep an item all on one table or rack if it was the same item ( for example, if I made 15 red coats, I put them all one on display.) Then one day I realized I'd made too many long-time catalogs too many days in a row and my racks and tables were getting awfully bare, and unless I spent all day making 30 min/1 hour items, my store was going to look like it was going out of business due to all the empty displays. So I decided to spread out my finished catalog items onto all of my empty displays. Next day, all my tables & displays were empty again. But they'd all SOLD.

I should add I keep my displays in pods - a cluster of tables with a couple mirrors & a nearby cash register, a cluster of racks with a couple dressing rooms & a nearby cash register, etc., in an effort to keep my shoppers coming & going as quickly as possible. I also put all my fun items (like piano, couches, etc.) at the back of the store and keep my clothing displays at the front - that way they don't have as far to walk either.

I may be a little OCD with these games though.... XD

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterPanda View Post
    At a quick glance, it appears that the conditions upon which an item yields 2 vs 5 is a combination of # of hours to produce catalog, # of XP's earned, and quantity per order. Looking at the 5 coin Night Diamond, Winter Blue, and Football Fanatic as a guide, I'd suggest:

12 hr: Snow Princess dress (maybe lower the quantity by 200 per order)
    12 hr: Mystic Gown (maybe lower the quantity by 200 per order)
    8 hr: Spring Lavendar Catalog (maybe lower the quantity by 300 per order)
    12 hr: Hem Dress in the Spring Flair Catalog (same quanity)
    12 hr: Ivory Necklace in the Spring Flair Catalog (same quanity)
    12 hr: Leather Sandals in the Spring Flair Catalog (same quanity)
    8 hr: Sassy Elegance Catalog (same quantity)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast