Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do neighbors gift chickens and apple trees?

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniLaura View Post
    Me, too! Only crazy watering or hearts. I wish I could tell who was watering in straight lines so that I could go to their farms and water in straight lines just to show them a thing or two.
    That'll teach 'em! Only hearts!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Just send them back wooden crates.
    Yes! I did just that. I had a neighbour who kept sending me chickens, so I posted her to explain how you can sell dogbowls for 400 (worth 8 brown chickens). The next day, she sends me another chicken. So the days after that I sent her crates. Now she doesn't water or gift me anymore! It's a strange world...

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic70 View Post
    Yes! I did just that. I had a neighbour who kept sending me chickens, so I posted her to explain how you can sell dogbowls for 400 (worth 8 brown chickens). The next day, she sends me another chicken. So the days after that I sent her crates. Now she doesn't water or gift me anymore! It's a strange world...
    Now start sending dog bowls. Fresh start.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Now start sending dog bowls. Fresh start.
    I'll try that. Fingers crossed. Apart from the chickens she was a good neighbour...

Fashion Designer
    Actually, I think everybody must PLANT in heart designs as well. To make it easieer to WATER in heart designs.

Grand Emperor
    Or zig zag patterns.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeandpie View Post
    Why would my neighbors gift chickens and apple trees (or any other item besides dog bowls or parts)? These are not beginners. They are on high enough levels that thy have been playing for some time. And I've even requested dog bowls only because they are worth 400 coins and apple trees and brown chickens are worth only 10. To still keep sending them feels like an insult to me. What reason could anyone have for sending me apple trees multiple times even after I have explained?? Why would you send a neighbor a gift worth one FORTIETH of what the best gift is worth?

Soon I think I am going to post to these people that I will be deleting neighbors who keep sending the least valuable gifts.
    A gift's value is not how much money it is worth, but the intent of gifting it to you. They aren't required to give you a gift, so be thankful that they do.

Something else -- Chickens and Apple Trees are risk-free investments -- so if you were to judge the gift based on money, in the long run, those two would win.

Fashion Designer
    " risk-free investments"

Somebody needs to do a present-value analysis on the value of the cash flow from trees and chickens over time at projected discount rate offset by the opportunity cost of not being able to plant coffee on those squares into perpetuity

and compare it to 400 clams in the hand right now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseMeyer View Post
    " risk-free investments"

Somebody needs to do a present-value analysis on the value of the cash flow from trees and chickens over time at projected discount rate offset by the opportunity cost of not being able to plant coffee on those squares into perpetuity

That all depends on the amount of neighbors you have...

Either way, I dont see how it would be an "insult" for someone to send you a gift. If someone gave me an apple tree in real life, I would be happy...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseMeyer View Post
    " risk-free investments"

Somebody needs to do a present-value analysis on the value of the cash flow from the empty and potentially inhabitable space needed to place and sell dog bowls over time at a projected discount rate offset by the opportunity cost of not being able to plant coffee on those squares into perpetuity...

...and compare it to investing in an apple tree (and whatever you said RM). Dog bowls are good for quick cash, while apple trees help you in the long run. If you were looking for quick cash by selling dog bowls, then I wouldn't call whatever chunk of land you are doing that on a farm.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast