Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ipad Mini

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Dicentra are the bleeding hearts in farm. But you sound oh so smart if you call them dicentra. Or pretentious.
    So are you saying TL is smart... or pretentious?

Rhino Keeper
    to all who commented on my-grandparents bein left out because technology is taking are culture-post thank you for your input all sides were heard. I think the point here is human interaction. how many of are kids in are life post weekly 'what they are up too' on face book? I find that scary for any kid under 18. they are not mature enough to make a decision on what's ok to post and what's not. these days any one will fight u for looking at them 'somehow'. or even for wearing something. my family will no longer have any one speaking there language, besides english, by the next generation. so what values do we teach?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by purpsandherb View Post
    to all who commented on my-grandparents bein left out because technology is taking are culture-post thank you for your input all sides were heard. I think the point here is human interaction. how many of are kids in are life post weekly 'what they are up too' on face book? I find that scary for any kid under 18. they are not mature enough to make a decision on what's ok to post and what's not. these days any one will fight u for looking at them 'somehow'. or even for wearing something. my family will no longer have any one speaking there language, besides english, by the next generation. so what values do we teach?
    Now this post makes sense. you're first one was not as clear and seemed silly (no offense)

I agree with it being scary for kids of a certain age to be on Facebook. I know some of my 10 year old students are on it. I friended them on Facebook once i found out (I set them on restricted so they can't see much of my page. Lol I even had one ask me why I had only a few photo albums which I had set to public and nothing else and then had to explain to them. luckily they havent figured out how to do that themselves otherwise they'd probably set me on restricted to lol). I basically friended them so I can supervise their wall as they are Thai students and some of their parents don't speak English. that way their parents can supervise what they post in Thai (whether they do or not, I dont know) and I can supervise what they post in English. I have already had a conversation with one student who posted an English swear word and told them to remove it or I'd let their parents know. They did remove it and haven't had an issue like that again.
    If it was up to me I'd never had allowed them on Facebook but it's not up to me unfortunately.

Grand Emperor
    I am "friended" on my kids Facebook pages so I can stalk them. Their Dad and Grandma are as well. Wa ah ah, I'm a stalker.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    I am "friended" on my kids Facebook pages so I can stalk them. Their Dad and Grandma are as well. Wa ah ah, I'm a stalker.
    lol guess I'm a stalker to lol.

Banned
    I be friended my younger brothers and sister 12, 14 and 17 but I stalk the 14 yr old more since he tries to act cool and say comments. Which I think make him look dumb and irrespectful... But I don't see no point since my mother gives In right away after she supposedly "grounded" him

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetstuff525 View Post
    I be friended my younger brothers and sister 12, 14 and 17 but I stalk the 14 yr old more since he tries to act cool and say comments. Which I think make him look dumb and irrespectful... But I don't see no point since my mother gives In right away after she supposedly "grounded" him
    sounds like my mother almost. she'd ground me and I wouldn't be allowed to go out but I could have friends over lol. I think after going through what my older sister and brother put her through she was just happy I wasn't sneaking out at night or throwing parties while they went out for the evening.

Executive Chef
    I am the oldest sibling by 5 and 7 years and I always tell my brother and sister they are lucky to have had me break in our parents for them.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by lylahmae View Post
    I am the oldest sibling by 5 and 7 years and I always tell my brother and sister they are lucky to have had me break in our parents for them.
    I am also the breaker inner of my parents. I had way more rules. By the third daughter my mom was WAY more relaxed.

Rhino Keeper
    Kinda dumb in my opinion wasn't that kinda the point of the iPad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234