Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Gem Confirmation

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by graciessweets View Post
    "Doing nothing for others is the undoing of ourselves" -Horace Mann

Not sure if he was referencing his frustration about gem confirmations but seems like it ;-)

Time for a gem confirmation TL!

Rhino Keeper

Are TL designers any closer to fixing the stolen gems situation?

Every time I earn 10 gems now I have to use them up or they'll get stolen with the bogus pop that says I've purchased 200,000 coins for 10 gems. I NEVER EVER use my gems for coins. C'mon Team Lava..you're all very aware of this problem. Your designers, I'm sure, have the capability of making it so it asks "are you sure you want to purchase....?" If it can be done with clearing counters and shortening cooking times why not this? I used to enjoy buying the sale gems for $13.99 but refuse to pay you all another dime of my money when you refuse to fix a serious problem. I would not advise any player to just let their gems sit there. If I ever do break down and but em again I'll make sure they're used immediately.

So..Team Lava..what is being done about this problem? Please don't tell me to email anyone..that's a waste of my time. I've done that and gotten the "sorry....can't refund you" excuse. Time for your company to step up and do what's right.

Farm Supplier
    I will not be buying more either till it is fixed.

Hope this post is ok

Fashion Designer
    You would think that someone willing to spent over $1,000 on gems is enough to keep TL from using gem traps. I mean, obviously this customer is loyal and current and I'm sure many other customers would be willing to spend hundred if not thousands of dollars on gems during the course of their bakery story play. This is just not good business practice at all, to ***** customers out of their money when they are already spending thousands on beloved products! TL, you are setting yourself up for disaster with this method. Please consider an honest, respectful approach to your customers, because I would love to spend much more money on gems, but only buy them when I know I will spend them all in the same day, to reduce such risk of traps. Gem Traps are NOT good business sense and they will only be the downfall of your company. I have seen this happen many times and now that I am studying business myself, I can tell you that your own greediness will be the end of any potential income to fund your games.

Farm Supplier
    I see I'm not the only one. I was redecorating my bakery, getting this Halloween stuff out when I spent 24 gems on the chest. I was and still I'm pretty upset. I e-mailed TL and 48 hours later I still haven't heard back from them.

Executive Chef
    noone actually needs old players here as the thing is never seriously updated like level 100,etc.
    these are single use games, because normal games don't delete their stuff, so it's like 2M newbies come, 10% of them think it's worth something and throw $5, then 90% quit, or even all of them quit, they have their million bucks and noone cares.
    who plays it for a long time are just minority even if they spend a lot.

btw. gem traps are easy to catch only on small screens, but thats not much fun anyway playing these ona small scrn??

I don't want to be too pessimistic but I'm starting to agree with nky1111, with all those great ideas being post in the suggestion threads, i wonder if TL cares i'm Still waiting for black friday though.

I bought gems during the sale to save up for the next time I wanted to buy something and somehow I ended up losing them all when it said you do not have enough money, I didn't realize when I pushed the button I was exchanging gems for money which I would never do. DO NOT LIKE the unethical way this game operates. Quit for awhile and just came back.

Rhino Keeper
    I have a method that is very effective to preventing accidental clicks, misclicks, lag interpreted your click to the wrong location, etc etc. No matter how careful you are, no matter how many times you try to learn from past mistakes, you are bound to eventually get caught slipping sooner or later.

A lot of the OK or other buttons are setup to a location that could, in the right situation, get you to click (spend gems) by mistake sooner or later (clicking too fast, caught up in lag).

If you get into the habit of doing my method for clearing popup's, you'll greatly reduce your chances

Your Phone's back button is your best friend (at least on Android, I'm not sure if IoS has the same button). Use this to clear popups, or click OK, instead of physically clicking on the screen. Voila!

Some popup's have an X button on the top right. If you must click, click that instead of the OK button or whatever, to clear the popup. If the popup does not have an X button on the upper right corner... Guess what, your Phone's BACK button will still clear the popup.

Even something as simple as this can lead to misspending. Let's say you're in Design mode (btw I've done this). You happen to be in the last tab (the one with 24 gems for a box). Clicking the X to close the design tab, can still possibly get a misclick or a lag click onto a box. Don't even click the X button to exit Design mode. Use your phone's Back button as well.

This doesn't help so much when you click an appliance with something already cooking. You know.. The Finish this recipe for x gems... Clicking too fast on appliances, the phone's back button won't save you in this situation (since you're clicking on screen already).

But as far as any situation when you see popup's, want to go back one menu, etc, always use your phone BACK button to exit those. It's just one less click on the screen with your finger. And you can only buy gems with your fingers. Your back button will never cause a misclick on buying gems

This isn't the fix all method, but it will statistically greatly reduce your chances in the long run. The confirmation button is the most desireable method, but I got this hunch this would never be implemented. There are a LOT of bills that need to be paid to run a game like this. You got database, game servers, bandwidth, employees, physical building expenses (rent, utilities)... And I heard they give free snacks to their employees

There is likely only a small percentage of people buying gems (we all like Free). Take away some gems here and there, and you might buy more. Selling gems pays the bills. If the bills get paid, we can keep cooking. So with that said, I'm not going to frown too strongly on this subject. Its a gray area as far as if you think its on purpose or not. In the meantime, email support when this happens. If you just say oh well and leave it at that (without emailing them) when you lost something (like a lot of people do, I'm sure) then don't be mad.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpguy32 View Post
    Even something as simple as this can lead to misspending. Let's say you're in Design mode (btw I've done this). You happen to be in the last tab (the one with 24 gems for a box). Clicking the X to close the design tab, can still possibly get a misclick or a lag click onto a box. Don't even click the X button to exit Design mode. Use your phone's Back button as well.
    I'm IOS and there's only one button, which goes back to the home screen, but for this part, where I've also been before, I tap up away from the design tabs, collapsing them, then tap one of the other tabs to bring it back up. ^_^

Awesome post, if you've got such a button. {*^_^*}

No question as to whether the traps are intentional, though. That's just logical, given the evidence. It's a series of coordinated taps to do anything else in the games; it's a slip of the elbow or a spooked-while-sleeping cat's paw across the screen to spend gems. OR SUDDENLY BEING TURNED INTO BONGO DRUMS TO A MOVIE'S MUSIC, THANKS HUBS. At least I can backspace on here... o_O

Quote Originally Posted by lolzillaz View Post
    I'm guessing its only a problem if sales start to drop off sharply because of it. Other than that, "working as designed".
    BINGO. If more people learned the gem trap lesson the first time, instead of just buying again, things might change. As it stands, people are literally paying TL to keep the traps there, and providing more than enough incentive for them to keep creating new ones.

I don't know about you, but when I go shopping, I enter my pin to confirm my chosen purchase. If I was missing money from the bank later because that store also charged me for everything I picked up, looked at, and put back down, and I couldn't do anything about it because a warning was posted on a tiny sign somewhere around the register behind the bubblegum... oh boy. -_-

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast