Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Gem Confirmation

Rhino Keeper
    I think TL is afraid to add a confirmation button because they worry this might lead to loss of revenue. They realize people save their gems, spend them unwanted things, then you have to buy more to replenish the gems you have just lost... but that's not always what happens. Many people have posted they will never make another purchase after this accidental loss of gems, which has ultimately hurt TL's bottom line. Just image all the people who feel the same way, yet are unaware this forum even exists.

I believe if they would add the button, it would do the exact opposite. I have a few IDs but only buy gems on 2 of them because I am afraid of falling into the gem traps. I play another game and used to lose premium currency all the time.. one here, 3 there, and so on. I never made purchases in that game because I have zero confidence that I could save them long enough to get something I really desired. Later, I realized there was a way to stop the purchase; there was a timed slider that disappeared with the word "Cancel". It only lasted a second or two, but if you react quickly you can stop the purchase. Well, after that is when I started spending real money on that game.

TL's fear is what's stopping them from adding a cancel button, but they shouldn't be afraid. We all love their games, but it's hard to trust a company infested with gem traps. If they would get rid of these traps, or at least make it possible to quickly cancel them more people would have confidence in them as a trusted business, thus creating more loyalty and desire to "fund" this game company.
    Last edited by 78story; 02-10-14 at 01:57 PM.

Executive Chef
    Nicely said 78story. I wholeheartedly agree w u.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks Elaine.. I was also sad to hear about the amount of gems you lost in this game. It's unfortunate when these sort of things happen to good honest players who regularly make purchases to this company.

I really love these game and want them to succeed, just as I am sure we all feel the same way. Thanks again.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by 78story View Post
    I think TL is afraid to add a confirmation button because they worry this might lead to loss of revenue. They realize people save their gems, spend them unwanted things, then you have to buy more to replenish the gems you have just lost... but that's not always what happens. Many people have posted they will never make another purchase after this accidental loss of gems, which has ultimately hurt TL's bottom line. Just image all the people who feel the same way, yet are unaware this forum even exists.
    Just imagine all the people who continue to buy gems whether or not they accidentally lose them. It apparently has never hurt TL's bottom line. If it had then they would never have designed their games to have such accidents and wouldn't have made changes to their games that increased the possibility of accidental gem purchases.

I too would love to see a gem confirmation button but I have been playing since 2011 and have seen this feature requested so many times since then and it has yet to be implemented. Instead changes were made that allowed for even more accidental gem spending. So the lesson players must learn is to slow down. Do not play the game in a rush. Slow down and tap slowly, especially when you are playing on phones.

That said, one player once asked a question on one of these threads. Can you imagine laying down gem tiles and having to confirm gem purchase after every single one?
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 02-11-14 at 08:28 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    That said, one player once asked a question on one of these threads. Can you imagine laying down gem tiles and having to confirm gem purchase after every single one?
    That's a good point. It's already a pain having to choose the tiles every single time on the tiles tab, what more with an additional button? How horrible would that be especially if you need hundreds of tiles. XD

Nevertheless, a confirmation button would be nice, but it doesn't have to be applied in every gem purchase. I think it would be appropriate to put on the spoiled dishes popup or on the boxes because man, clicking those burn almost all newbies including me. When I was just starting, I am aware that in order to purchase things, you have to choose it first in the tab then place it on your bakery - so I thought it was the same for the boxes... but then tada! Gems gone for a stupid NYC box. And then a few more accidental gem purchases before I learned to go slow in this game if you don't wanna lose more lol.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Just imagine all the people who continue to buy gems whether or not they accidentally lose them. It apparently has never hurt TL's bottom line. If it had then they would never have designed their games to have such accidents and wouldn't have made changes to their games that increased the possibility of accidental gem purchases.

I too would love to see a gem confirmation button but I have been playing since 2011 and have seen this feature requested so many times since then and it has yet to be implemented. Instead changes were made that allowed for even more accidental gem spending. So the lesson players must learn is to slow down. Do not play the game in a rush. Slow down and tap slowly, especially when you are playing on phones.

I agree that TL has not felt the impact of the loss of customers as of yet. This is because it is a very special time for them. New people are getting smart devices every day that would otherwise never be interested in anything TL or any other developer has for sale. It's because of the refreshed customer base that TL continues to strive in this market.

What I was referring to was rather the long term for the company. It may have served TL well, and still does serve them well for the time being to not have a cancel feature, but what happens 5 years down the line once everyone and their grandmother have all these games apps? If you keep turning people off, and new customers no longer enter your shop. How do you expect to survive in the long term? Well, maybe long term survival isn't their goal, so what do I know

There are already similar games competing for customers. The only difference that sets TL apart is their content is better designed as far aesthetics. I played a different restaurant game, and they have streamlined the dishes you cook to where you only click the bottom row, placing food on all your appliances - I'd rather play that was personally, but again... the game itself isn't much to look at currently, but I didn't experience any gem traps while I was playing. All they (or any other app) need is to improve on the look of the game, and I am sure they could get their share of the market.

As far as the flooring, I agree with you again. As PepperWoo stated above, it would be better appreciated on the spoiled dishes and mystery boxes because these are the most common accidents that result in larger quantities of gems lost.

All I was asking was for a cancel button that is timed. TL already has it. You see it when you are cooking dishes and serving them. It's that little green bar. This could be placed somewhere on the current screen and if you tap this "cancel" button in time, you cancel your gem loss.

I have learned my lesson the hard way to play slow and read all popups carefully before doing anything. The cancel feature would greatly help those players who are especially impatient and have a wallet full of cash

Rhino Keeper
    Hmm, just noticed one of the top 5 grossing game apps just added a gem confirmation button in an update today. I hope this catches on. You go into your settings and enable it. Once enabled, diamond purchases require a double tap.... TL could do something like this for its users.... but will they follow suit?

New Resident
    I just spent real money on 120 gems, played a tournament (20 gems) and replayed the free tournament (20 gems) and now I am suddenly down to 5 ?!?! This is not the first time. WHY?? That was real money!!!

Well, I just started playing this game recently. A friend of mine had advised me not to use up my gems on foolish items, as gems are hard to come by.
    I was being very careful and saving up my gems for something nice. Then my tablet had connection issues. When I was able to access the game again, I got a whole bunch of pop-up notifications. I was trying to click through them, I wasn't going fast at all, and before I knew it I was 10 gems short. It took me forever to notice that I was also 62,000 coins richer.
    Needless to say, I didn't want the coins. Therefore I am a big supporter of adding a confirmation button when using gems.

Rhino Keeper
    I've been playing this game since 2011 and that same question about losing gems unfairly as NEVER been sorted they give ya the same answers all the tine teamlava will look into it ? I'm still waiting 4 years later so don't buy them any more

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast