Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else selling less clothing/making less money?

Rhino Keeper

Exclamation Anyone else selling less clothing/making less money?

Im starting this post to find out if anyone has noticed a significantly lower mumber of sales in the past couple Of days in their fashion story.

Yesterday my shop sold out after I opened my doors, like usual. I'm saving up for expansions so I was happy about it. I remodeled and added more dressing rooms and mirrors to sell even faster. Strangely enough the opposite happened!

Normally I sell $70-100k worth of clothing overnight while I sleep and have to restock each day. Last night I sold $15k and still had so much stock left in my boutique. I then watched my shop throughout the day and normal gaps in playing time that would earn me $15-20k were earning me a mere $1k or less.

I then watched the shoppers entering the boutique, today 20 people would come in and then no more until someone left. Normally there is as many shoppers entering as racks/counters available to stand at.

I would like to know if anyone else has noticed this. Why it has changed so drastically and how we will ever be able to save up for the million dollar expansions when we are only earning $20k per day. Please someone from Team Lava provide an explanation. Thanks!

Banned
    Ism also earning slow now that you mention it. Now I want a quick sell even though I have a nice stock but I need more room I guess I'll do my quick sell hope it works,

Rhino Keeper
    Also as a side note, some decorative items have a thumbs up flashing over them. Not clothing just things like shrubbery or couches. Very random.

Rhino Keeper
    Yean it's so weird, ive always had the problem of selling out too fast, never too slow!
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetstuff525 View Post
    Ism also earning slow now that you mention it. Now I want a quick sell even though I have a nice stock but I need more room I guess I'll do my quick sell hope it works,

Banned
    How long do I have to keep my door closed? And when I open it do I open it and go to neighbor ?or stay in my shop?

Rhino Keeper
    Perfect example of what I'm talking about: woke up and checked bakery story the morning and earned the normal $80k while I slept....checked fashion story and earned $12k with heaps of stock left! This is ridiculous, please someone from TL give an explanation for this slow sales. Thank you

Executive Chef
    I'm having a similar problem, I'm currently clearing old stuff out by making a "mini shop" with 6-7 racks of clothes, but my coins seem to be decreasing rapidly, like I have no profit coming in. I have enough out to keep 100 percent happiness and expensive clothes out to be making some kind of profit, and even though I've been doin the clearance for a few days, those few little racks still have a few thousand on each!

Rhino Keeper
    I've worked on my shop setup since having this trouble. I'm now back to selling at a higher ratio. One of the biggest changes I made is to stop ordering $2 clothing and only ordering the ones worth $5. They are still selling more slowly, but my income is going back up after making the change. I would still like to know why everything is selling so much slower, but at least I've got more income.

When you changed up the layout of your boutique by adding changing rooms and mirrors, you may have reduced the pathway efficiency. I'll try to explain how this mechanic works so that you will understand, so please bear with me if it sounds confusing.

If you have inventory in your store, then a customer can do 2 things.

1. Go to a mirror
    2. Go to a changing room

When a customer decides to do one of these tasks, they will reserve the mirror or changing room, which means that another NPC, even if they are closer, cannot access that mirror/room.

For example, there's an NPC near the top of the boutique and she decides to go to a changing room. The one she reserves happens to be at the very bottom of the store. Since this room has been reserved by the NPC, no one else can use it. And since the distance is really long, top of the store to bottom (not to mention complicated pathways with decorations), the travel time for this NPC would be long. This long travel/access time reduces the amount of NPCs that can access this room per min/hour. This decreased rate will result in lower sales.

To make your pathway and layout more efficient, try placing your changing rooms and mirrors closing to the center of the store, but with pathways in between.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for the follow up, I have resolved the issue in my own store by splitting it into two shops in order to get the profit back. Funny though because the first design that started losing money actually included twice as many dressing rooms and mirrors...oh well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast