Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lack of help for lost gems

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyMtnGirl View Post
    I don't think it's worth 24 gems to be able to have ONE more appliance. I kind of thought it would be unlimited.

11742- TL is not going to give your gems back. They won't even do it when you accidently spend them or if you get caught in a gem trap. There are other threads in her where people are talking about the same thing. I agree that it's misleading.
    Considering it takes many levels to be able to add a new appliance, I think 24 gems is great value! Imagine if only 24 gems unlocked unlimited appliances! Everyone would have as many as they wanted and it would take away the whole point of the game ie: trying to level up to add a new appliance. Considering it costs 20 gems to purchase a painting or other boring deco, I can't believe u thought this!

Host(ess)
    You know its funny because when you're level 96 or more there's not a whole lot left to accomplish. It didn't cross my mind to unlock the appliances so I could flood my straunt with appliances to cook egg salad, bunny biscuits, or cookies. I thought I was gaining access to appliances I had already purchased. I took it for what it said and that's why I was surprised.

Executive Chef
    I mean no disrespect. It genuinely never occurred to me it could mean more than one appliance but I understand u genuinely feel misleaded! I think someone already mentioned u can access ur pre purchased appliances by putting one in storage.

Host(ess)
    Hi Trace35, Yeah I should've known it was done as a "deadfall". This games sole purpose is to drive retail sales by gaining those credit card numbers. Its not even accredited with the BBB and it holds a D- rating. Nobody eats at a D- straunt...rofl

Executive Chef
    I hear ya! Lol!

Fashion Designer
    Personally I didn't think it was that reasonable to assume that it would unlock unlimited slots but I suppose some people took it that way. I mean.. 24 gems allowing you to pack every inch of your restaurant with appliances? When it costs 80 gems (or more?) for a single expansion, it doesn't seem reasonable to me that it would unlock unlimited slots.

Obviously some people thought otherwise. Documentation is lacking in the games though, and a lot of other things.

Their focus is on getting people to spend their gems, either intentionally or unintentionally so that people buy more with real money.

Host(ess)
    I didn't want to purchase more appliances, I just wanted access to the ones I already paid for that are sitting in storage. If I had known that they were actually selling my appliances back to me but at a significantly higher price I wouldn't have done it. Although the game states at the beginning that "you get 6 gems free" the reality is that the game is set up so you either spend them all at the beginning on a coconut chair because you don't know better or you loose them when your cooking and all of a sudden you are the proud owner of the most expensive corned beef hash ever!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 11742 View Post
    Actually if players are making a purchase for gems or if they're being advertised as on SALE then players are using their credit cards. Now a transaction has taken place that the cardholder is responsible for paying. Virtual or pixels it doesn't matter. They're providing a service that players are purchasing.
    I had this problem in all the story games I played. There's no way that TL will return the gems either lost by traps or being misled. But I found my solution through apple. You can either write to iTunes store or google (if you are on android) and describe the anguish you have felt with TL, they will gladly refund you the money paid for your gems. Apple and google will then investigate this issue. I hope my suggestion help. It really took a lot of anger away with apple's assurance.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 11742 View Post
    I didn't want to purchase more appliances, I just wanted access to the ones I already paid for that are sitting in storage. If I had known that they were actually selling my appliances back to me but at a significantly higher price I wouldn't have done it. Although the game states at the beginning that "you get 6 gems free" the reality is that the game is set up so you either spend them all at the beginning on a coconut chair because you don't know better or you loose them when your cooking and all of a sudden you are the proud owner of the most expensive corned beef hash ever!
    I am slightly concerned that u are not aware that your previously purchased appliances are all available to you for free. We only ever pay once for an appliance and then can access it at any time we want to swap them around!

Host(ess)
    Hi Estiquesophy, Thank you for your input I actually just read something about that. I'm so blown away that we as players loose our gems everyday and its just generally accepted. I know TL isn't going to give me my gems back however it doesn't mean I have to take it. I've actually emailed support and asked them what do they support? I have to say I've had radio silence from them but I'd like to see it in writing. I'm going to contact google as well as my credit card company and the BBB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast