Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concern about Gem Purchases

Concern about Gem Purchases

Dear TeamLava,

I have recently been introduced to your games and love Fashion Story! It's totally addicting. However, I've noticed amongst my neighbors and within my game play a few problems and wanted to voice them to you:

The game appears to be set up to sometimes force a loss of gems. I call them gem traps. Would you guys consider adding a 4-digit pin confirmation feature for gem item purchases? or, something to that affect. I've accidentally tapped on buttons that have immediately took up to 40 gems from my account. Gems are pretty pricey, so it would be nice to know that your company values our hard earned money that is spent on gems.

Second, I've noticed that there are inconsistent Gem Sales. Gems go on sale for some neighbors but not for all. Gem sales also are rated different where some people get 10% off, others get 20-30%, and some neighbors don't get gem sales at all. Again, the game is a lot of fun, however it is radically a different experience for those who can and can't afford to buy gems. Would you consider creating new ways for people to earn gems, and coming down on the cost of gems (or gems items) for those who spend their money?

Can you post and let the Fashion Story Community know if there are changes coming down the pike regarding these concerns?

Thanks for listening!

I'm in the same vote with this, I think the gem issue is out if control. everything is for gems, even to change the avatar clothing, get with the real world here. WE LOVE this game but you are making it impossible to enjoy anymore. I agree with the gems sales not being distributed equally if you can't do it the fair way then you need to fix it before you offer discounts again. You seriously need to look into the options we have available in this game, almost all wallpaper.....GEMS, Decorating Items....Gems, and not only that it's never anything nice that's being released to keep us entertained. the same gifts have been out give us changes there. something worth wanting to receive Gifts. People are wanting to play make it happen...Make the changes...Please

I'm in complete agreement. Changes are severely needed. The gem situation is out of control. The unequal and sporadic distribution of gem sales is becoming a huge issue. It's not fair when some people receive 30% off gem sales, while others haven't received gem sales since November 2011. I also enjoyed this game, but I'm quickly loosing interest. It would be nice to have more goals, more gifting options, and more appealing items that cost coins and instead of gems. Recently this game has declined in quality (in my opinion). The updates have nothing spectacular about them. If changes aren't made, more and more players will loose interest and stop playing. So, please. Listen to our thoughts and make the necessary changes.

I couldn't agree with you guys more..Not only that the gems are pricey.. It just disappears right in front of you..I recently bought 105 gems and 30 gems just vanished while i was playing. it's *a good thing I made a note of my purchases and emailed TL Agent Support Badger right when it happened. Thinking that with all the infos I provided regarding the problem it will be smooth sailing. Well, I assumed wrong! He/she came back with "you bought 2 CRATES and FAIRY WING" isn't that funny that they have no clue of what's being sold in the catalog and boxes? They have no knowledge of their own products. I'm seriously upset, I felt *****ed...If they don't resolve this, as much as I enjoy the game *I'll stop playing PERIOD! There are other games out there... Gem strike is not going to cut it, completely quitting the game will be a wake up call.*

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Can you imagine typing in a 4-digit pin if tiling with gems?
    I think a blanket on-off switch.

I dunno about randomness...

Fashion Designer
    I think a pin is a great idea

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    Can you imagine typing in a 4-digit pin if tiling with gems?
    I think a blanket on-off switch.

I dunno about randomness...
    Ha ha! Yes very tricky. A Yes / No button maybe like when you sell an item may do the trick?

I, too, really enjoy this game and have turned several friends on to it. However, we notice the same discrepencies. I now consistently receive 30%-off Gem Sales, but my friend only gets 20%-off offers. The difference is turning her off the game, but I'd really like her to stay because I have more fun when my friends play. In addition, early in my play, I excitedly purchased some gems, calculating how I'd use them to spruce up my shop. This was only my second of two modest purchases. However, my son, who was enjoying watching me play, inadvertently fell for a "gem trap." I told him that I didn't understand what the Magic Box was, and before I knew it, he innocently tapped one. Suddenly, 40 gems were deducted from my account, and I didn't even know what I'd "purchased." I emailed Team Lava, explaining my son's error. In the Help/FAQ section, the write-up about refunds sounds so friendly; however, the Team Lava rep simply stated that purchases are non-refundable. With this definitive response, I tentatively explored my Fashion Story to see what my son had actually bought for 40 gems. I was surprised to find a glass pumpkin carriage, which I'd never knowingly purchase for my shop. I instantly sold it and got a meager number of coins. I definitely feel that Magic Boxes are "gem traps" since the only warning before purchase is a generic statement if you have the presence of mind to carefully tap the tiny cursive "i" in the corner of the button. No where else in the game is this a standard process.

I felt somewhat betrayed by Fashion Story since I'd encouraged several friends to play and was enjoying the game daily. Team Lava, you have so many loyal users! Why not give us a good-faith gesture with a confirmation screen before ALL purchases, explaining exctly what's going to happen if we again tap the Magic Box or some other unknown? I'd love a 4-digit pin process, but I'd settle for a warning screen.

Lastly, I'll just quickly throw my support behind the requests here for more items that may be puchased with coins. Refreshing the game will refresh your users enthusiasm, so we'd also love more "gift" options besides the black pumps--please, no more black pumps!--the read sweater, and the black slacks.

Again, I really enjoy Fashion Story. It's fun, social, and somewhat challenging. I'd love to continue playing indefinitely, assuming that the game continues to evolve with its players' needs and interests. Thank you for your time!

Rhino Keeper
    Yes I agree, the way they can be SO easily spent is horrible. Just accidentally touching it causes such a disaster. I think there should be a simple confirmation button to confirm the purchase.

Totally agree!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast