View Poll Results: Siggy's and Clickable Names?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

161 87.98%
  • No.

8 4.37%
  • Leave it for the Mods.

7 3.83%
  • Undecided.

9 4.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Signatures, Clickable Names, Editing Posts,Avatars

What is ACP?

Executive Chef
    Clickable name? Maybe. Signature? TOTALLY ****IT! So my vote....yes for siggy's.

Executive Chef
    We want siggy's!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sparks229 View Post
    We want siggy's!!!!!
    Aw. You've adapted to my word.

I would like a signature and a clickable name

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Alright, translation for anyone who doesn't run a Forum.

Basically, I don't know if anyone knows much about databases, but the Forums are. There are lots of different parts of a database - for instance, for users, there's their username, IP Address (your computer's special number), e-mail address, when they signed up etc. There's also a unique number - the user ID. No accounts have the same number, it's the one exclusive way of identifying someone. Threads and posts all have an ID too - no matter what you call the thread, so long as this part: 27231 is in the address, it works fine.
    Now, on the User ID 1051 on the 12th April 2011, a glitch occurred and all name links and some features broke.
    Any UID before this date worked fine (so if you swap an inactive user with a Mod, the Mod gets the features and someone who never uses the Forum doesn't).
    I thought it might have been an issue in the ACP (Admin Control Panel - the Forums don't just turn up and be all lovely and shiny, there's a more complicated bit behind the pretty front) where the usergroups (that's basically a load of different groups with different things they can do on the Forums. Admins can edit anyone's posts, access the ACP etc; SuperMods can edit anyone's thread titles, etc).
    Internet coding language - HTML - could let them change each usergroup's name colour (eg. make Admin Red, SuperMod green and Mod Blue etc), but that would also include links in the name.
    I thought that maybe there'd been a mistake and they'd accidentally created a new usergroup that had guest features. Just me thinking of the only thing I could.

Hope that helped explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post

Basically, I don't know if anyone knows much about databases, but the Forums are. There are lots of different parts of a database - for instance, for users, there's their username, IP Address (your computer's special number), e-mail address, when they signed up etc. There's also a unique number - the user ID. No accounts have the same number, it's the one exclusive way of identifying someone. Threads and posts all have an ID too - no matter what you call the thread, so long as this part: 27231 is in the address, it works fine.
    Now, on the User ID 1051 on the 12th April 2011, a glitch occurred and all name links and some features broke.
    Any UID before this date worked fine (so if you swap an inactive user with a Mod, the Mod gets the features and someone who never uses the Forum doesn't).
    I thought it might have been an issue in the ACP (Admin Control Panel - the Forums don't just turn up and be all lovely and shiny, there's a more complicated bit behind the pretty front) where the usergroups (that's basically a load of different groups with different things they can do on the Forums. Admins can edit anyone's posts, access the ACP etc; SuperMods can edit anyone's thread titles, etc).
    Internet coding language - HTML - could let them change each usergroup's name colour (eg. make Admin Red, SuperMod green and Mod Blue etc), but that would also include links in the name.
    I thought that maybe there'd been a mistake and they'd accidentally created a new usergroup that had guest features. Just me thinking of the only thing I could.

Thanks for this. I understand now! I remember that day, I was so active in the forums to reach 100 posts so I could be a Senior Member.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    Thanks for this. I understand now! I remember that day, I was so active in the forums to reach 100 posts so I could be a Senior Member.
    12th April? That's probably not possible - that would mean your account was created before the glitch, and therefore you'd have full editing features...which you clearly don't.

Whoops, I meant someday in June when I joined: I was active that day in the forums to reach 100 posts so I could be a Senior Member.
    I still wonder how they haven't figured out how to fix the glitch.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post

This has possibly just confused me even more. All I got from that was GM can use his super powers and give CD the account of an inactive user and I'm not going to try understanding the technology behind these forums

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast