View Poll Results: Siggy's and Clickable Names?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

161 87.98%
  • No.

8 4.37%
  • Leave it for the Mods.

7 3.83%
  • Undecided.

9 4.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Signatures, Clickable Names, Editing Posts,Avatars

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    I want to be able to navigate on this forum easily and it's becoming so hard to do so when many features aren't available to everyone.
    I think to fix the problem, the forum admin needs to go into the Control Panel> Usergroups and do the following:

1. Go to the Registered Users group and click "Go" on the far right

2. Scroll down to General Permissions and change to "YES" to Edit Own Profile

3. Scroll down to Picture Uploading Permissions and change to "YES" to Can Upload Custom Avatars and Can Upload Images for Signature

4. Scroll down once to Signature Permissions and change to "YES" to Can Use Signatures

That should cover everything. And if TeamLava is afraid of users uploading things they shouldn't, that's why there's a whole Moderation Section in the Control Panel as well. Again, I made a vBulletin demo to try out the site.

If it's really a glitch from TeamLava's end, there is also a Maintenance Tab in the Control Panel. Should fix anything that's wrong with the forums. Isn't that the reason TL pays for vBulletin?

Again, from a previous post.
    that seems very helpful I hope teamlava will look at it

Quote Originally Posted by mattyboo1 View Post
    that seems very helpful I hope teamlava will look at it
    I've posted this a long time ago. That tells you that they won't look at it because the features would've been activated a long time ago. I went throughout my ways to create a vBulletin demo to see what the site can do, and I was very surprised. I couldn't personally run a diagnosis on my test site I created because it was a demo. But I encourage TL to look at it if it's really a glitch.

Executive Chef
    I've posted this a long time ago. That tells you that they won't look at it because the features would've been activated a long time ago. I went throughout my ways to create a vBulletin demo to see what the site can do, and I was very surprised. I couldn't personally run a diagnosis on my test site I created because it was a demo. But I encourage TL to look at it if it's really a glitch.
    Well everybody hopes it gets fixed

I feel like I'm missing out

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGiants01 View Post
    Same with me

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGiants01 View Post
    We all are. Except the users who joined before the glitch and don't ever log into their accounts anymore.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    I want to be able to navigate on this forum easily and it's becoming so hard to do so when many features aren't available to everyone.
    I think to fix the problem, the forum admin needs to go into the Control Panel> Usergroups and do the following:

1. Go to the Registered Users group and click "Go" on the far right
    Ooh, theory time!
    What if, since sign-up was put in games, the users ended up as awaiting e-mail confirmation, or similar?
    Then it wouldn't work fully.
    Depending on how the defaults are set within vB, they could either bump up privileges, or use a promote tool after say, 5 posts to the Normal Member permissions.
    If such a promotion feature exists on this software, they could also let users have small avatars after 10,000 posts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    Ooh, theory time!
    What if, since sign-up was put in games, the users ended up as awaiting e-mail confirmation, or similar?
    Depending on how the defaults are set within vB, they could either bump up privileges, or use a promote tool after say, 5 posts to the Normal Member permissions.
    If such a promotion feature exists on this software, they could also let users have small avatars after 10,000 posts, etc.
    Oooh! Rachael, I love you! That could be it. I never thought of that. All other vBulletin forums give you the option to sign up. Since we're already in the system due to our Storm8 ID, maybe the forum didn't recognize that we're actually members?
    I would suggest this to TL, but I don't know if they'll do it.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    Ooh, theory time!
    I never thought of that it could be it but also someone who joined before the glitch might need to tell us if they had to have an email confirmation

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Branston73 View Post
    I would like to have a clickable name!
    Everybody does