Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: slots game ad

Host(ess)

slots game ad

Does anyone else have a problem with a gambling game being advertised in a game that a lot of kids and underage people play. Personally a think it's very inappropriate and the add should be removed.

Executive Chef
    It's completely unacceptable. If it is not removed I will be going over tls head to the powers that be to lay a formal complaint.

Executive Chef
    I should! Why does TL need to do this?

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    This is in my opinion a completely inappropriate and unacceptable move which I'm pretty sure would be banned were they governed by UK laws.

Advertising I'll put up with if I must.
    Targeting any vulnerable people (ie. teens or even younger children playing despite the ToS) is disrespectful and not something I'll put up with.

TL are big in the UK too - I'm sure Anne Robinson and the rest of the BBC Watchdog team would have a lovely time.

Like how they don't display their ToS, or a link in-game despite their parent company's previous class action; like how young children play this and they advertise games that - in the UK - would have warnings on them.
    They might not be breaking the law, but Watchdog is about consumer focus, not all necessarily law.

Executive Chef
    Please note that we've addressed this topic in other threads. I'll summarize here though:

1) Simulated gambling is not gambling. Promoting "Slots" is not a call for players to gamble, but rather, an invitation to play another game. As with all of TeamLava's games, players do not need to spend any money in Slots. Note that Slots is also not the only game to have similar themes and gameplay features.

2) Children should not be playing our games. When we learn of underage players playing our games, we take appropriate action immediately. Our TOS is prominently displayed on our website, and everything we do is in full compliance of the law and Apple's Terms of Service. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active responsibility in monitoring the games their children are playing.

Again, the game is only a game and not real gambling and it is up to the parents to be able to teach their children properly what they can and cannot do on these devices. We have our age restriction for a reason.

Farm Supplier
    I am just as sick of all the game advertising myself. It's just extra stuff we have to waste time xing out of before we can play. They don't need to tell me of the other games they have and would love me to play and spend money on. I don't need that kind of help. I can make my own decisions thank you. So please stop with the extra ads. And the person walking around the store with the ad above his head not buying any thing!

[QUOTE=GroupMagma;282756]Please note that we've addressed this topic in other threads. I'll summarize here though:

1) Simulated gambling is not gambling. Promoting "Slots" is not a call for players to gamble, but rather, an invitation to play another game. As with all of TeamLava's games, players do not need to spend any money in Slots. Note that Slots is also not the only game to have similar themes and gameplay features.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterPanda View Post
    Again, the game is only a game and not real gambling........
    Not real gambling? The game has a few dollars to $50 buy in----quite expensive pay to play features. That is absolutely real gambling. read the reviews. Complaints are that the slots are not loose enough. There are comparisons to Vegas and Reno gaming. As I looked at other slot games in the app store, none had pay to play features. The few that had inside purchases were simply to purchase other games.

In my state, there are simulated gaming laws. My state has legalized gaming with the appropriate licenses and taxation. I have already submitted complaints to both the attorney general and the state gaming control board. Shark party LLC has stepped far over the line on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterPanda View Post
    ...... it is up to the parents to be able to teach their children properly what they can and cannot do on these devices. We have our age restriction for a reason.
    Parents should be responsible? I think companies should be responsible to comply with applicable laws. I hope this product has been licensed by my state (and wherever else it is marketed) and it is receiving a substantial share of revenue from this gambling product.

On a side note, I laughed at the attempt to trademark the word "slots" for downloadable gaming software. It is a very generic word used in the same industry filled with "slots". I looked to see if the trademark application was open for public comment yet, but could not find an application filed by Shark party LLC.

This is a new low for team lava and the associated shark party llc.......

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tamsharley View Post
    And the person walking around the store with the ad above his head not buying any thing!
    Yeah, in fact they walk in circles/around the shop/store forever until you tap on them. Only then will they magically disappear or walk out after showing you the full screen ad again. So thanks TL, not only do we have the ad itself, but a loss of profit even if it's one little customer.

As for this issue with Slots...I did my fair research including speaking to a lawyer that happens to be my neighbor. I think you should have done your research TL, quite honestly.

Farm Supplier
    Lol I saw this and I was surprised. I showed my mum the add... she clicked on it and downloaded it.... Now I hardly get to play on the IPod. xD

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast