Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fashion story original: the ONLY app that can't handle ALL emoji's!!

Farm Supplier

Exclamation Fashion story original: the ONLY app that can't handle ALL emoji's!!

Hi!

I use the original Fashion Story, freshly downloaded (1.4.1) on a restarted iPhone 4s with latest updates (iOS 5.1).
    My store name is Netties fashion (with a space as the first character) and my storm8 ID is Nettis02. I'm on level 81.

I have played the Valentines version for a while now but changed back to the original when I got the message that Valentines is... retiring.
    in the Valentines version, as in every single one of the other apps in app store or included in the phone that involves texting, you can use all of the extra Emoji's that is to be found in Unicode.
    But not in Fashion Story original!
    If they don't get replaced by old emoji's, they'll be replaced with Japanese text.
    Why?

If you're working on an update, please please please fix that too.
    I can imagine that it doesn't seem as a big problem, and I have to admit it isn't, but I do think it's a bit of a silly mistake for a pro programmer to do (no offence), and I really miss those extra emoji's to give it some extra glam.
    Half of the fun with this game is to design beautiful "I did some shopping in your store" messages to the neighbors so they know wich neighbors are active visitors. I'm sure you're aware of that?

Best regards
    Nettie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9892.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	2687  

Fashion Designer
    All I ever see are boxes. I NEVER see any emoji's on my wall.

Fashion Designer
    Just curious but what emoji app is that to do that flower thing

Farm Supplier
    Perhaps you're playing on an Android?

Fashion Designer
    Ipod 4th generation

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by HmongVillager View Post
    Unicode Map

Fashion Designer
    Ok thanks.
    and i thought u were talking to me woops lol

Executive Chef
    I have not switched over to the original FS [or any of the other original games]. TL made the pop-up announcement that they won't be supporting the Valentine versions anymore and we should switch...however they neglected to update all of their original versions. Some of the games still have a Coin Bug, Force Closing issue, and other annoyances. So just to put it out there, I'd go back to all Valentine versions before they are yanked from the app store. They have the most current bug fixes, until TL updates all the original ones.

With all of that said...I'm hoping that Unicode isn't working with the original FS because the original one has yet to be updated. Granted, Unicode was last updated in December also....hopefully when TL updates their games it includes the capability of the "new emojis." I agree that they are a fun and important part of the social aspect of the game. We don't have very many social elements in FS. Just gifting the same ol' gifts, and the usual liking and wall posting. Other TL games have new gifts weekly, things to build...and so in FS it's just mostly us and our Emoji's. A few weeks ago when none of the emojis were working, it was so depressing. Lol. It just wasn't the same when it came to wall posts, I believe that was fixed when the Valentine versions came out. So to repeat myself, I'm hoping the update in the original versions fixes the issue for the new emojis also.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseMeyer View Post
    All I ever see are boxes. I NEVER see any emoji's on my wall.
    Are you playing on an Android device? Androids don't have Emoji's

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by HmongVillager View Post
    Unicode Maps...a few things to know....I've seen other apps named the same or something similar. You'd want the app that has the icon with a red square and all sorts of different A's on it. There is a free version, and a paid version [$1.99 I believe]. I tried the free version first and it did not have all the new emoji's. You'll want to get the paid version

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast