Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Discovery Chest items available for purchase in the store!!!

Host(ess)
    Kooky panda, is there any more info on if everyone is going to get the store offer? Or is it random?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice2 View Post
    Ok how did minilauras post get into my post above?
    You quoted me because I'm awesome.

Banned
    I think they should eliminate this offer for everyone or if available make all this 24 gems or more......beacause that's what people paid for to get the boxes and sometimes got more of the same item....it's not fair for those who spent 24on something that 16 gems now please tl just eliminate this offer many people are quitting

Host(ess)
    I am on an android tablet and I didn't get the Discovery Chest sale either. I get the popup and then a list of all the chests and not a list of items from the Discovery Chest. Also, I can't open FS. Each time, it force closes after the popup and I had to uninstall and re-install to get in.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetstuff525 View Post
    I think they should eliminate this offer for everyone or if available make all this 24 gems or more......beacause that's what people paid for to get the boxes and sometimes got more of the same item....it's not fair for those who spent 24on something that 16 gems now please tl just eliminate this offer many people are quitting
    I dont think it would be fair to eliminate it before everyone else gets the offer, because thats completely unfair. However, i do agree with you on the pricing. I have bought so many discovery chests and gotten a lot of duplicates (3 padio tables, 5 jack rabbits, 2 ranch houses, 3 garden arches, a cottage and a labrador) all trying to get the villa. Its very ridiculous and i regret it sooo much now. The villa is really the only item out of everything that interest me, so ill be very upset if i never get the chance to buyit in store, because i will never buy another box. I do think your right though....they shouldnt do this anymore unless the pricing is fair.

Fashion Designer
    Ok, even if I am making enemiesnow: I think the pricing of the items is perfectly fair (within the outrageous pricing of the TL games) We all knew that 4th level items are never ever worth 24 gems. The whole box thing is a gamble (and actually a pretty bad one) You risk getting less for your money while aiming for something that is worth more. And like all lotteries or games of chance the overall winner is always the bank. I bought 5 or 6 pirate chests to get what I really wanted: the floating island. I got the dog which I liked but all the rest was utterly useless rubbish that TL won't dare to sell for 10 gems. For some weird reason I accepted that in a some state of madness and because finally getting the island caused a nice adrenalin rush.

The main problem, imo, is not the pricing but the fact that people who got high level items now can no longer boast with their good luck. It's the same thing we had with the collectible gnome. If you have put value in the fact that you had items other people didn't then this offer is a bit of a slap in the face.

Personally, I like the offer although I still haven't bought anything. (Everything apart from the ranch house is just too expensive) I think the {} boxes should just go for good, but I know that's a bit like demanding water tiles or the option to delete pending neighbour invitations :-)
    Last edited by kooky panda; 04-11-12 at 02:08 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by DerGelbeKaiser View Post
    Ok, even if I am making enemiesnow: I think the pricing of the items is perfectly fair (within the outrageous pricing of the TL games) We all knew that 4th level items are never ever worth 24 gems. The whole box thing is a gamble (and actually a pretty bad one) You risk getting less for your money while aiming for something that is worth more. And like all lotteries or games of chance the overall winner is always the bank. I bought 5 or 6 pirate chests to get what I really wanted: the floating island. I got the dog which I liked but all the rest was utterly useless rubbish that TL won't dare to sell for 10 gems. For some weird reason I accepted that in a some state of madness and because finally getting the island caused a nice adrenalin rush.

The main problem, imo, is not the pricing but the fact that people who got high level items now can no longer boast with their good luck. It's the same thing we had with the collectible gnome. If you have put value in the fact that you had items other people didn't then this offer is a bit of a slap in the face.

Personally, I like the offer although I still haven't bought anything. (Everything apart from the ranch house is just too expensive) I think the [] boxes should just go for good, but I know that's a bit like demanding water tiles or the option to delete pending neighbour invitations :-)
    Ya, what she said.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 04-11-12 at 02:06 PM. Reason: edit quote- language

Fashion Designer
    While I personally like the ability to buy the box items, I think this move is, as someone noted, short-sighted and not well thought out. All it does is 1) make people not buy boxes again because you think they'll either do this again and it's better to wait rather than take a chance on a box, 2) infuriate the people who did spend a ton of gems on the boxes since no one probably thought they'd do this and they wanted some of those items but now they have regrets and 3) make people like me who've never bought a box in Farm plan to never buy one so they don't become like the people in #2.

The way this could have been handled better is either not do it at all or make the offer available to everyone AND make nothing below 24 gems so people who did buy the boxes beforehand get some consolation. It's odd that they even did this because it seems to signal a change in strategy on the boxes (assuming they thought this through). As in it ****s box-buying in the future because of the reasons above. So either it's a precursor of things to come, i.e. make all box items available for purchase and eventually do away with the boxes or someone thought this was a great idea and they rolled the dice. Hope it wasn't the same person or persons who thought making all the food in RS and BS sell for 4 coins was a good thing for the games - we know how lead-balloon-like that went over .

Executive Chef
    I absolutely cannot believe we are still waiting on a response regarding this mess you have created TL! I don't know why I am so disbelieving given your track record for responses but I am and I'm mad as bloody hell into the bargain.

If I didn't love my iPad so much I would throw it right into the trash along with your story games. Do you know how many people are going to quit playing over this? Yanochka taking a break and considering quitting should be a good indicator for you! You are been grossly unfair about this, we loyally play your games and spend our money so I think the least you can do is let us know what you intend to do to fix this.

YOUR SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT YOUR LACK OF CONCERN FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS TL. IT DOES NOT TAKE THIS MUCH DELIBERATION TO PUT YOUR HAND UP IN THE AIR AND SAY, YES WE MESSED UP AND WE ARE SORRY AND WE WILL FIX THIS. EVERY PLAYER REGARDLESS OF THEM SPENDING MONEY ON THESE GAMES OR NOT SHOULD BE GETTING THE SAME OFFERS. RANDOMNESS IS NOT GOOD FOR BUSINESS AND DOES NOT FOR HAPPY CUSTOMERS MAKE. GET IT TOGETHER TL THIS REALLY IS PATHETIC.

The Honorable Panda
    I did get some information, but please do not shoot the the messenger please.

It looks like the Discovery Chest offer is random. This was not an error.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast