Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finding Good Neighbors

Finding Good Neighbors

Ive only been playing RS for a little over a month, and in my effort to level up quickly and progress I became neighbors with lots of people. I figured being a good neighbor would result in having good neighbors. I gift and tip each of my neighbors daily (mostly parts, except to lower levels) I even make a point to gift within the first half hour of gifting time so that my neighbors will not be maxed out.

But in keeping closer track of who reciprocates this past week, I am annoyed to find that probably half of them do not. After asking some if they want to remain neighbors, I have had few responses. I am guessing that a lot of people start a game and then loose I Teresa. I have deleted several people today, but my question is, how do you find neighbors who really will be neighborly. now when asked to add people I respond by letting them know I will only add them if they plan to tip/gift daily and to let me know if they are still interested. Then there is either no response, or they say yes, but then don't. Any suggestions from the veterans on how to fill my neighbor with like minded people? Thanks.

Nightclub Owner
    Do you play any other TL games? If you do, and have good neighbors there, see if any of them also play RS and ask if they'd like to be your neighbor on that game as well. I have many neighbors that are on multiple games, so it helps. Try to find neighbors that are 4 star, as they'll mostly be the ones that will tip daily. Gifting is a toughie as many neighbors get maxxed right after reset, then when they log on to decline gifts, people can then send again. The problem is, some have already sent their mass gifting for the day and don't realize that person is now empty. This could be partially what is happening for you, they are showing you maxxed and don't realize that some of your stuff may have cleared and they can try again.

What I TRY to do, but don't always have the time, is when I check into my game periodically through-out the day, I'll go to the social tab and find one of my neighbors that has the "gift" button lit up, I'll click it and then the list of neighbors that didn't get a gift from me yet will show up, I then gift them again and some go through while others still show as maxxed. LOL

My only other suggestion is to check out Sehana's neighbor spreadsheet for those of like mind and you can either add yourself, this way you can see their star rating if they invite you and you won't have a pending neighbor that may be inactive sitting in your queue forever, or add those that are of like mind from the list.

Here is a link to her spreadsheets to get you started. Hope it helps.

https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...ory-amp-Chart-!!

Executive Chef
    I only play farm and dabble at pet shop. I have maybe ... I dunno... 8 good neighbors in pet and i am admittedly a lousy pet shop nbr. (please dont add me!)

But in farm I'd consider at least 75% of my current nbrs to be great nbrs who gift and water frequently. Most of my neighbors I got by being patient and doing the back and forth watering and writing on walls before becoming neighbors. If, after a couple of weeks, I've gotten a feel about how they play and we seem to be like-minded, I'll ask them to invite me.

Rhino Keeper
    Hi Jcd, what I did, was write a message on a lot of walls, telling them that I tip or water everyday to those who write on my wall. I asked that if they were like minded, then to add me. I received a lot of nbr requests that were very good people. I sifted out the ones that didn't do as I asked and was left with a lovely group.

Rhino Keeper
    Oh, and I only left messages to the people I found had written a message on someone's wall, knowing they were the ones who would probably be the regular wall writers.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by 333sandy View Post
    Oh, and I only left messages to the people I found had written a message on someone's wall, knowing they were the ones who would probably be the regular wall writers.
    STALKER, we have a STALKER here! J/K

I'm glad you found me the other day, as I didn't realize which neighbor you were on my other games until you had! LOL!! I just knew you were a neighbor.

Fashion Designer
    I sometimes ask my existing good nbrs if they can recommend anyone else as a nbr who might be adding. This has worked well in the past.

I also watch peoples wall to see who's names pop up regularly. If I see someones name on a wall over and over again saying they've tipped then it's a good chance they are a regular tipper, so I'll check their wall to see if they post their gift preferences (hopefully they match mine). Then I'll tip them to see if they tip back. If they do then I will see if they are adding new nbrs.

Fashion Designer
    I have one neighbor that I particularly trust who knows how picky I am. She recommends the best of her bunch to me and I do the same for her. Otherwise you can do what I did to get started early on. Just add people and regularly delete the ones you don't want. You'll end up deleting the vast majority, but a few will survive repeated cuts and be worthy of your time. Now I've got a good group of neighbors at just the right manageable size so I don't usually look for new neighbors.

Fashion Designer
    Note to all those reading this thread: Don't bother trying to add me. I decline all neighbor requests by default unless I am expecting it from someone that was pre-arranged. So don't waste your time or mine. Don't add me and then write a post on my wall saying you agree with me and therefore we should be neighbors. That actually irritates me even more. Thanks.

Rhino Keeper
    Hello
    I recommend you to look at my thread
    https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...without-Maths)
    https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...(without-Maths)

you can find important information to decide by yourself.

I have some questions so you can think about them:
    *You can only receive 20 gifts a day, if you have more than 20 neighbors you will never know who didn't send you a gift because you will be maxed out.
    *If you have a problem in your life, and you have to take a break for RS, (lets say 1 week), would you like to be deleted because you did not tip?
    *you can receive maximum 1 tip per seat you have available, and a neighbor can tip you 6 seats a day. If you have a lot of neighbors lets say (100), would you have enough seat to be tipped (600 seats). (I know you can receive tips, and reset your tables, would you do it 2 or 3 times a day?)

When I started, I use to think like you. Now I am more relaxed because this is a game to have fun.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast