Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't ever progress!!!!!

Executive Chef

Angry Can't ever progress!!!!!

I am potentially going to quit restaurant story if the internet connectivity issues aren't resolved. I can never cook anything or tip people because of this stupid message coming up all of the time. It takes me ages!! to tip people and my star level is really low because of these issues I am having. Does anyone else experience these issues? and does it make you want to quit?

Senior Moderator
    I'm not having them in RS, but I am in Farm. You know I have to ask - which device and version, which game version, and have you tried the normal fixes?
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Executive Chef
    I'm running an ipod touch 4g 64gb ios 5.0.1 and the latest RS game version (which I forgot) I have also tried all of the basic troubleshooting ideas. I personally think it's related to Teamlava servers

Senior Moderator
    Are you on the regular version, or the Valentines?
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by greygull View Post
    Are you on the regular version, or the Valentines?
    I'm on the regular version

The Honorable Panda
    The current version to play is still the valentine version. Try switching back to that one and see if this helps.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by redbites View Post
    I'm running an ipod touch 4g 64gb ios 5.0.1 and the latest RS game version (which I forgot) I have also tried all of the basic troubleshooting ideas. I personally think it's related to Teamlava servers
    i have everything you have exactly the same and i am not having any problems

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    The current version to play is still the valentine version. Try switching back to that one and see if this helps.
    Besides boosting download numbers for holiday editions of the game, why are there multiple versions of the game? The additional content added by holiday versions amounts to a medium size update for the regular game. To me it seems like having multiple versions of the same game just mucks things up.

Fashion Designer
    I've noticed that iDevices are particularly picky about having FULL wifi connectivity to play the Story games. If you have partial bars on your wifi connection you will get kicked off frequently. It was the worst for me when I was playing on an iPod. It got better when I moved my game to an iPhone. The things that helped temporarily are to turn your wifi connection off and on again. Move around your house (or wherever) to find spots with the best connections and play there.

I play on an ipad2. The issue I notice is that my connection is usually fine at home, but teamlava games do not want to connect at school (even though any other game I try is fine.) The funny thing is, if I close my iPad while on BS or RS at home, I can open it at school and it is still connected. I can serve one set of food and start another, but if I try to change screens, I'll get the "must be connected" message. At least it has saved me from having food spoil if I miscalculated cooking times.

Weird, huh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast