Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many special appliances should I have?

Rhino Keeper

How many special appliances should I have?

How many ice cream makers, deep fryers, 3 bear ovens, ect should I make? I usually only make 1 unless there's a goal that says I need to make 20 chocolate ice creams or something like that. I usually only make 1 because I don't like to waste parts but I made 3 of the 3 bear ovens because the too hot one takes 1 day to make. I have to max number in ovens and drink mixers because they don't use parts and I know you can ask neighbors for parts and get them as gifts but still...I don't like to use them up. I'm at level 42 and can have 11 appliances out btw.

Senior Moderator
    Everyone plays different - here's what I've been doing. I have 18 appliance slots available, level 76 I think.

The Ice Cream Maker and Deep Fryer have several recipes - I'm trying to build 9 of each of those, one at a time. The appliances that only have 1-2 recipes, I typically build 3 of those. But I was also building those when the goals were going on, so I wanted more slots for the appliance needed to complete the goals. The new ones (Shamrock and 3 Bears), I've been building 9 of those - just so I can master the recipes and move onto either the next new appliance, or back to other appliances I haven't mastered dishes on. I haven't completed any of them with gems, only sending requests. I know I might be spending too much on some of them, but until I get more neighbors (so I can expand), I'm just sitting on coins. Spending them on the appliances is just fine for me right now
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Banned
    I have nothing better to do, so I will keep building until the next appliance comes out. So that ranges between 4 and 20. I'm up to 7 bear ovens, and I should have 10 by tomorrow. Unless there is something better for me to do, I'll just keep building them

Fashion Designer
    I think it depends on your level, number of appliances, what you want to get most out of the game (save parts or get to mastery faster?), and how you enjoy playing the game. I tend to build more appliances when there are longer time recipes on them and there's more than 1 recipe on it. For the dehydrator, I built 4 because it only had 1 recipe and it was only an hour long so I was able to master it quickly with just 4 appliances. For the bear oven, I'm building at least 10, probably more, because it's got 3 recipes and longer times. Plus I've mastered everything else so I have nothing else to do.

I also stockpile parts every day since my neighbors and I gift parts daily. I do think it's a waste to build a ton of special appliances if they're not going to add more recipes to them because once you master the original recipes, the appliances go unused. However, since I build up my inventory of parts, they also go to waste if I'm not using them for anything. If TL continues this trend of making up new parts, then the old ones I was stockpiling are just sitting there going to waste. So I guess I'd rather "waste" the parts on the new appliances while I need to get to mastery and master the recipes sooner than later. I can always build my inventory back up after I'm done building.

Fashion Designer
    I don't try to master the recipes as far as it is possible, so i always build 2 new appliances.. Well sometimes more if they look cute

Rhino Keeper
    I'd like to have a full set of every appliance, that way when I decide to master a recipe, I can devote my whole bakery to it and get it done faster.

I was just starting at Christmas, so only have 2 candycane ovens and one marzipan oven. It will take me forever to master those three recipes, even with two of them being only 2 hour recipes. However, I was able to make a whole set of shamrock ovens and am already done with them. I've only been able to put together 8 so far of the three bear ovens, but I intend to make a whole set (minus my 2 candycane oven slots...someday I'll be able to put those two ovens away, lol).

Fashion Designer
    If you aren't high level and have maximum number of appliance slots unlocked then just keep one constructible out at a time.

A constructible box takes up an appliance slot but can't be used for cooking. I try to get maximum number of special appliances built because they are often limited time only and quite frankly, there isn't much left to do in the game anyway.

I wouldn't worry about not being able to stockpile parts. To me it's worse if you're not maximizing your parts request by requesting daily than using the parts up to build stuff.

Fashion Designer
    Well coming from a person who has 10 fruit chocolate dip machines my input sucks on this

Fashion Designer
    You should have as many as you want to have.

I keep going back a forth between using all 9 ovens to master something, to bringing out the deep fryer and ice cream maker just for fun.

Executive Chef
    Ive got 5 3 bears ovens, 3 drink machines, and 3 emerald ovens. I've have too many shamrocks, blue motors, and pink fuses. That's probably the only reason I make so many

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast