Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Running out of food FAST!!!!

So why is this happening? My bakery has soooo much food. But my restautant, no. I cant make enough food anymore. Any ideas why?

Nightclub Owner
    The main reason is the large discrepancy between recipe yields in the two games. Even with the newer Bakery appliances having lower yields (half of what the older ovens yielded), they still give at least twice as much food as their restaurant counterparts. In BS you can easily churn out tens of thousands of a single recipe in half a day whereas it takes several days in RS to do the same.

The other difference I've read about (but haven't investigated personally) is the bot speeds. I can't seem to find the specific thread I'm thinking of -it's pretty old and buried- but the general gist of it was that the bots move quicker from door to table and out again in RS than in BS so the food sells faster.

Combine these two things and it's an obvious recipe for trouble in either game with no middle ground. With lower yields and faster bots in RS, food sells at least twice as fast as in BS but you get more money at a faster rate in RS. On the flip side of the coin, slower bots and higher yields in BS means food lingers on the counter for a long time but it takes equally as long to build up a decent savings.

It's an important distinction that must be taken into account when planning out your strategy in either game. For RS, I make sure to always have a handful of appliances making long term, high yield recipes in my restaurant while the rest are either working to master new recipes or serve food that matches my design theme. This way, I've always got food to sell even if it's just one counter of Tuna Melts or Chicken Fried Steak.

VanaCatu's amazing CookBook thread (link below) is a great tool for planning; you can compare the stats for every recipe on the main appliances and ovens released before mid 2018. Once you find a few that look promising, you can try them out until you find the right combo of recipes and number of appliances to dedicate to those recipes that will also work for your gaming style.

This differs widely from player to player because you have to take into account the many things that alter food sales such as your playing style, personal preference, layout, average daily log ins, number of open appliance slots and so on. Unfortunately, there's no one guaranteed set up or easy answer for everyone so the only way to find your sweet spot is trial and error.

CookBook: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...STORY-CookBook
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 01-15-19 at 12:06 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by tatermaters View Post
    I can never keep food. I shut the doors and restock for days
    Try setting out fewer tables and chairs. By fewer I mean 1-4. Put them far away from your host table. Make only Barbecue chicken on the grill for a few weeks. Then make only stuffed mushroom for a few weeks. Rotate between the two for a while and build up your food stock. Eventually you can go back to doing goals and putting out your full complement of chairs and tables without running out of food. In between goals make the bbq chicken and mushrooms to add to your stock even as you master the goal recipes.

I stopped doing goals because it has become harder to find neighbours who consistently play, give gifts and answer requests. I have about six neighbours who do this. So I changed focus from mastering recipes and just make those two recipes now and just like that I never run out of food even when I don't cook for days.

Locking your doors to restock rarely works the way you think it should.

I've had this problem in RS as well (and way too many counters in BS also). I found two recipes that help when I get fed up with it. Usually I focus on production when we have a 5-day goal. I'll use all extra appliances to cook either the BBQ Chicken on the grill or the Kiwi & Cake on the oven. The BBQ Chicken is 16 hours and serves 4100; I use it if I'm crunched for time. If however, I can cook 4 times in a 24-hour period, I use the Kiwi & Cake. It's a 6-hr recipe that produces 1900 plates (that's 7600 per 24-hour period) and is my favorite. By the time I've cooked one or the other of these for the 5-day period, I can usually get buy with them feeding people through the 15-day goals. I hope it works for you, too, if you try it.

Banned
    I think the detailed spreadsheet about the Appliances and Recipes is one of the most valueable resources we have. I download it and sort till I cannot sort anymore. By sorting the sheet you can develop a good flow of how to make sure you have enough servings. I usually pair a recipe with the basic appliances that have a good amount of servings that are the same cook time as a current Goal oven. So I will be more inclined to not forget and it will not spoil. Also have a sort saved that shows me the best profit maker. Using the Profit per Point seems to be the best. Digital Food for Thought ;-)

I'm running out of food fast as well. I've even blocked the door at night and still the food is gone in the morning. Can someone please help me out?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnezz44 View Post
    I'm running out of food fast as well. I've even blocked the door at night and still the food is gone in the morning. Can someone please help me out?
    You should not block your doors. When you do, there is a higher chance of having a 'flash sale' -- as soon as you unblock the door, all the food sells out quickly.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by Lueann View Post
    I'm having the same issues. Way too much food in Bakery and not nearly enough in Restaurant. I really wish they would adjust the speed, time, ratio or whatever the heck it is to balance the games out. There really should be a happy medium somewhere.
    I agree~~~

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567