Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Known Bugs and Issues for RS

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    I've flagged this over. Sorry you're experiencing these issues!
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bittersky View Post
    I also want to report that Restaurant Story crashes on iPhone X. I was able to play on iPhone 7 the same day (on same iOS 11.1), but on new iPhone X, the game keeps on crashing right after loading. I’ve already tried deleting and reinstalling. Bakery story and farm story 2 work just fine (albeit not optimized for iPhone X). I’ve been working hard on current goal and it’s sad that I’ll not be able to complete it in time.
    For Restaurant Story, can you please try going to your device settings and logging out of Game Center, then back into Game Center. Let me know if this continues after. Our team is investigating.

Rhino Keeper
    RS 1.8.2 is having these problems that I've encountered (I try to be specific so the post may get a little long):

1. When sending gifts to neighbors, it takes more than 3 sec to load my neighbor list, if I'm lucky. If it takes longer than that, then I'll get the "Oh Darn! Check your connection" message.
    2. When making requests to neighbors, same issue as above: more than 3 sec to load list, if it does. If longer, "Oh Darn!"
    3. When checking messages to accept gifts, same issue as above.
    4. When loading the game for the first time (not having it running in the background), it will "Oh Darn!" out.
    5. Sometimes, even with the issues in 1-3, it will eventually load but it takes so long. This was never the issue with previous versions.

This following issue may be related to this version because when I uninstalled it and installed an older version of it (1.7.7), the problems listed above resurfaced.

I have five iOS devices that run the latest version of RS. Four of them are updated to the most recent version of iOS 11 (the other cannot install iOS 10 and above). All are on the same network. I play other online games that have no problem connecting and remaining online so I know my network connection isn't the problem. It's like S8 servers are timing out whenever it tries to load neighbors or load the game or something. I don't know what the problem is; all I know is that it seems to have started with this recent version or the version prior of RS.

None of them are connected to the Game Center.

I've been playing RS for years. I've never encountered these problems until now. It doesn't enhance game play, that's for sure!

New Resident
    Horrible I finally get 2 other fish goals and I spent almost all my gems and the new one gives me 2 hours to complete it?! So I wasted my gems. Can this be fixed I can't complete this hard task I just received in 2 hours please help!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Aicake808 View Post
    Horrible I finally get 2 other fish goals and I spent almost all my gems and the new one gives me 2 hours to complete it?! So I wasted my gems. Can this be fixed I can't complete this hard task I just received in 2 hours please help!
    Welcome to the forum.

We had 15 days for these goals. I'm afraid the goals expired when the timer counted down to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

We had 15 days for these goals. I'm afraid the goals expired when the timer counted down to 0.
    Same with the ice scream ice cream goal. I tried after returning from vacation with 24 hrs of countdown left. I attempted. I will not be able to open the third recipe or achieve goal. Very disappointing. I spent gems too. I will not use my gems in the future to complete an appliance or cook something. I will not attempt future goals without doing the math from now on either. I like to finish things I start. I enjoy playing, but not when there's too much frustration. Lesson learned!

Farm Supplier
    I'm get the "Oh Darn! Check your connection" message several times a day, every day for the past two weeks or so. It occurs doing any task and can recur minutes or hours apart. I'm running iOS 11.4.1 but its actually happening to many of my neighbors who are on Droid as well. They all think that its their own personal Internet connection that is failing which is why they are not reporting it.

Part of the problem is that when it comes back from the "Oh Darn! Check your connection" message, it will sometimes not display tables when I look at my neighbors places. If I force quit the app then when I restart it the tables reappear but if I don't force quit the app then all the neighbor I look at have missing tables (the bots are still walking around their game, there just are no tables to be seen anywhere). If I force quit the app then when I relaunch the app the neighbors tables reappear.

Grand Emperor
    Your connected network plays a part as well as your device. Check your connection and make sure that you have plenty of memory and space on your device. Try the suggestions in What can I do to try to resolve my game issues?

You can also try to clear your device cache and reinstall your game to force all the graphics to download again.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    Your connected network plays a part as well as your device. Check your connection and make sure that you have plenty of memory and space on your device. Try the suggestions in What can I do to try to resolve my game issues?

You can also try to clear your device cache and reinstall your game to force all the graphics to download again.
    My network is fine. Al the other devices are working perfectly well, at the same time, on my network so its not a network problem (I checked the router diagnostics and it has no dropped packets nor any outages listed for the past six months). I already went through all the FAQs before I posted, I always do that.

I think that the key part of my report is that many of my neighbors are having the same exact symptoms that I am having, and they do not live with me so it's not my network, it's something with the game/server or the network that the server is on.

Its already happened today.

Question Decor on my Walls keep blinking/flashing

Hi Everyone,
    I seem to have a problem with the area near 1 of my doors. The things on my wall keep disappearing & coming back when I touch it. Any ideas what to do?
    Thanks for all help,
    Amy
    ​Amy