Page 1 of 80 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Known Bugs and Issues for RS

Senior Moderator

Current Known Bugs and Issues for RS

Current versions of the game:
    iOS - 1.7.2
    iOS- Christmas 1.7.3.

Android- Restaurant Story: Outdoors - 1.5.5.8

Kindle Fire - Regular -1.5.5.5(10-22-12)

Making sure you are using the most current version can help with many problems.

If you would like to report a bug in Restaurant Story, please make sure to include the following:

1. Your device (iOS, Android, please be as specific as possible) and it's version number
    2. Your games version (this can be found on the bottom of the Help/FAQ page)
    3. A description of the problem, and what you were doing when the problem occurred
    4. If possible, a screenshot of the problem

iOS General Issues
    To check for your device version - go to Settings, General, About - Version
    To check for game version in game:
    Open game, go to Menu, Help/FAQ - on the bottom edge of the box, the version will be listed
    To check for game version if you can't open the game:
    Open App Store, search game name (or teamlava), click on app, on the left side, under the logo it will show current game version

If your iOS device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
    Restart your device
    Delete and reinstall the game
    Hard restart - hold the power and home buttons, through the power off slider, until the Apple symbol appears.
    For newer devices (iPod Touch 4th Gen and newer, iPhone 3G and newer, all iPad versions [possibly other devices]) - close out background running apps. Double tap the home button, when the screen raises up, hold the app until it starts shaking. Press the red minus symbol to close.

Android General Issues
    To check your device version - go to Settings, About Phone, Android Version *note - you can check for updates in About Phone, System Updates
    To check game version in game:
    Open game, go to Menu, Help/FAQ - on the bottom edge of the box, the version will be listed
    Open App Market/Google Play, either go to My Apps, or search game name (or teamlava), click on app, open Description information, on the bottom it will show the current game version

If your Android device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
    Restart your device
    Delete and reinstall the game *note - reinstalled games will need to be moved to the SD card again
    Move game to the SD Card - go to Settings, Apps, specific game, click "Move to SD Card" or "Move to Internal Storage"
    Clear cache - go to Settings, Apps, specific game, click "Clear Cache"
    You can use a task ****er/manager to help free up memory for your device

Kindle General Issues
    To check for your device version - Go to Settings, More, Device, System Version
    To check game version in game:
    Open Amazon Market, search game name (or teamlava), scroll down to see current version

If your Kindle is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
    Restart your device
    Delete and reinstall the game
    Go to Settings, More, Applications - find your game, click, clear cache
    If you're not able to get into the game - Go go Settings, Wifi, turn wifi off then back on

This thread should be read by everyone! Great for new and experienced members alike

Forum Rules

Transferring games - Several different ways to transfer. Make sure you have downloaded all TL games you want transferred before starting. You can not have only one game transferred, and leave others on the current device. And there is no option to play the same game with the same ID on multiple devices.

Weekly Updates - Some will receive update on Thursday, some will get them on Tuesday. It has nothing to do with the device you are on.

Notifications - Make sure the notification options are set to ON in BOTH the game settings and the device settings. If both settings are on, but you're still not receiving notifications, please send an email to support@teamlava.com so they can check you game.

Missing Dishes - make sure you are looking on the correct appliance for it. Sehana's Inventory and Chart is an excellent place to look for those missing dishes!

Gift counts - maximum gifts (for food) is 32,767. If you reach this number, you can still accept gifts, but they will disappear into the land of the forgotten. Recommended to use prior to reaching this number.

Storing counters/tables - if you store a counter with food on it, or a table with tips on it, you will lose everything on there. Tips - easy enough, just clear before storing. Food on counters - wait until all the food has sold before storing. Best to check before serving new dishes. You can also combine the same dishes on multiple counters by serving a different dish, either by cooking, or from Gifts (though you can not select which counter they go on).

Blocked comments - currently not available in game. If you have received this message while trying to post on a players wall, it is most likely that your game is out of sync. Exiting out of the wall, then returning and posting again seems to clear it up.

Stuck in Design Mode - seems to happen once in a while. You're just redesigning your place, and all of a sudden the little red X disappears. Exiting out of the game, and restarting your device tends to fix the issue.

Purchased Gems not showing up - try restarting you device, and even deleting and reinstalling the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers. If these do not work on returning your gems or item, then you would need to contact support@teamlava.com You will need to provide your ID, date of incident, type of transaction, and receipt of transaction.

Blank screen for Gem Purchasing (iOS only) - See thread, it has the original suggestion, and a few other suggestions that do not involve restoring.

Differences in colors and actions of stoves, ovens, and grills. All of the stoves have the same cookbook, regardless of color and function. Same for ovens and grill, but I will use stoves only as the examples. The basic stove (with several color options) is just basic. Colors are for aesthetically pleasing purposes only. The Easy Stove only requires one tap to cook, and one tap to serve. The Forever Stove cooks the same as the basic stove, but the food will never spoil. The Sonic Stove cooks food 20% faster then the basic stoves. The Mighty Stove is a combination of both the Forever and Sonic stoves. It is the 1st place prize in the Magic Box.

Crashing on older devices - TL has been notified of the problem.

My Gifts - iOS and Android can see food and parts. Kindle can currently only see food, not parts. You can email support@teamlava.com and ask them to provide a list of how many parts you have.

Android "My Gifts" issue:
    Android has recently been give the ability to see Parts under My Gifts, which will (most likely) create multiple pages of gifts. If you can not scroll to the right (either with an arrow, or just by pulling the menu), try restarting your device.

Collectibles - this is a great place to see about them.

About the forum - if you can't find a post you made - go to your profile, on the left side, look under "Find All Posts". Your post may have been in the wrong place, or merged with an existing thread. If you still can't find your post, you can file a Forum Dispute and a Community Manager will respond to you (the Dispute Forum is a private conversation between you and the CMs).

Current Issues

Coin Loss Bug - please see and post in this thread
    Please also include in that thread the following screenshots:
    - Coins before exit
    - Coins in background during Welcome Back screen
    - Coins after closing Welcome Back screen
    - Coins after logging out and in
    Please make sure your game is updated.

No names popping up under pending invites
    Last edited by kooky panda; 11-20-14 at 03:49 PM. Reason: updated android
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

New Resident
    iOS 1.4.1 My gems keep disappearing, 3 at a time. Yesterday, I had 9 (I think) and today I have 6. Same thing happened several days ago. And yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by strokee23 View Post
    iOS 1.4.1 My gems keep disappearing, 3 at a time. Yesterday, I had 9 (I think) and today I have 6. Same thing happened several days ago. And yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled.
    For missing gems, email support@teamlava.com Give them your ID, in game name, and what's happening.

Also, are you on the regular version? Try deleting that, and installing only the Valentines version.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    Contact me by PM

I am playing on a Kindle Fire 1.3.5 version of the game. I have noticed that when I have been out tipping nbrs or strangers when I get a rolling pin it flashes several times at the top but I do not receive credit for the rolling pin. So lets say I have ten rolling pins and while I am out tipping I get another one....the number a the top flashes like I am getting another pin but the number still indicates I only have ten. In order to receive one I tip and tip and tip and after 3 to 5 that should have counted it finally goes up to number eleven. I hope that I am explaining this okay and it is not clear as mud.

Senior Moderator
    When you open the collectibles menu (from the main menu), does it show x11 (as an example), or does it show x...? If it's x..., you have more then 100 of them. When you receive another one and it floats up to the top, you can see the first two numbers in that screen - so you would see x10 until you've collected 10, then it would show as x11.

If from the collectibles menu screen it is showing a number, take a screenshot of it, and post it on the forum please.
    Contact me by PM

It shows x16.
    Sorry I would post a screen shot but I don't know how.

It sounds like you have been getting them. If you need to check that the new collectible was added, you can always go to the Menu > Collectibles and take a look if the quantity was updated.

New Resident
    I am using an iPad with IOS 5.1
    I have Restaurant Story version 1.4.1
    Problem Description: When I am gifting, ALL my neighbors are checked off by default. This is the same when I am requesting parts from neighbor's for building.

Senior Moderator
    Try switching over to the Valentines version - 1.4.3. It has some bug fixes (including the neighbors being checked).
    Contact me by PM

Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    It sounds like you have been getting them. If you need to check that the new collectible was added, you can always go to the Menu > Collectibles and take a look if the quantity was updated.
    No I am not getting them that is what I am letting u know. It just flashes on the rolling pin but the number does not increase until after 3 to 5 more rolling pins should have been collected it finally shows that ur earned one. All the ref of the collectables increase like they should the rolling pin has a glitches bug and does not give u credit for what u have.

Page 1 of 80 123451151 ... LastLast