Thread: Current Bugs and Issues for Farm Story

The Honorable Panda

Current Bugs and Issues for Farm Story

Current versions of the game:
    iOS - 2.0.2
    Android - 1.9.6.3
    Android - Fall Harvest - 1.9.6.3

Kindle Fire - 1.4.4
    Making sure you are using the most current version can help with many problems.

When reporting a bug or glitch, please provide the following information:

1. Your device (iOS, Android, please be as specific as possible) and it's version number(check under settings-device )
    2. Your games version (this can be found on the bottom of the Help/FAQ page)
    3. A description of the problem, and what you were doing when the problem occurred
    4. If possible, a screenshot of the problem

iOS General Issues
    To check for your device version - go to Settings, General, About - Version
    To check for game version in game:
    Open game, go to Menu, Help/FAQ - on the bottom edge of the box, the version will be listed
    To check for game version if you can't open the game:
    Open App Store, search game name (or teamlava), click on app, on the left side, under the logo it will show current game version

If your iOS device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
    Restart your device
    Delete and reinstall the game
    Hard restart - hold the power and home buttons, through the power off slider, until the Apple symbol appears.
    For newer devices (iPod Touch 4th Gen and newer, iPhone 3G and newer, all iPad versions [possibly other devices]) - close out background running apps. Double tap the home button, when the screen raises up, hold the app until it starts shaking. Press the red minus symbol to close.

Android General Issues
    To check your device version - go to Settings, About Phone, Android Version *note - you can check for updates in About Phone, System Updates
    To check game version in game:
    Open game, go to Menu, Help/FAQ - on the bottom edge of the box, the version will be listed
    Open App Market/Google Play, either go to My Apps, or search game name (or teamlava), click on app, open Description information, on the bottom it will show the current game version

If your Android device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
    Restart your device
    Delete and reinstall the game *note - reinstalled games will need to be moved to the SD card again
    Move game to the SD Card - go to Settings, Apps, specific game, click "Move to SD Card" or "Move to Internal Storage"
    Clear cache - go to Settings, Apps, specific game, click "Clear Cache"
    You can use a task ****er/manager to help free up memory for your device

Kindle General Issues
    To check for your device version - Go to Settings, More, Device, System Version
    To check game version in game:
    Open Amazon Market, search game name (or teamlava), scroll down to see current version

If your Kindle is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
    Restart your device
    Delete and reinstall the game
    Go to Settings, More, Applications - find your game, click, clear cache
    If you're not able to get into the game - Go go Settings, Wifi, turn wifi off then back on

This thread should be read by everyone! Great for new and experienced members alike

Forum Rules

Transferring games - Several different ways to transfer. Make sure you have downloaded all TL games you want transferred before starting. You can not have only one game transferred, and leave others on the current device. And there is no option to play the same game with the same ID on multiple devices.

Weekly Updates - Some will receive update on Thursday, some will get them on Tuesday. It has nothing to do with the device you are on.

Notifications - Make sure the notification options are set to ON in BOTH the game settings and the device settings. If both settings are on, but you're still not receiving notifications, please send an email to support@teamlava.com so they can check you game.

Blocked comments - currently not available in game. If you have received this message while trying to post on a players wall, it is most likely that your game is out of sync. Exiting out of the wall, then returning and posting again seems to clear it up.

Purchased Gems not showing up - try restarting you device, and even deleting and reinstalling the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers. If these do not work on returning your gems or item, then you would need to contact support@teamlava.com You will need to provide your ID, date of incident, type of transaction, and receipt of transaction.

Blank screen for Gem Purchasing (iOS only) - See thread, it has the original suggestion, and a few other suggestions that do not involve restoring.

Crashing on older devices - TL has been notified of the problem.

About the forum - if you can't find a post you made - go to your profile, on the left side, look under "Find All Posts". Your post may have been in the wrong place, or merged with an existing thread. If you still can't find your post, you can file a Forum Dispute and a Community Manager will respond to you (the Dispute Forum is a private conversation between you and the CMs).

Current Issues

Tool shed having to keep going back to the store when trying to buy more than one.

No names popping up under pending invites
    Last edited by greygull; 09-05-13 at 02:29 PM. Reason: updated Android
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Nightclub Owner
    All neighbors are still checked when requesting parts, is this going to require a manual update/new version of the game being released before it is fixed? If there are any new goals that come out, this is going to be even more of a hassle then it already is when just requesting parts for constructables, as then we'll have to uncheck 70+ neighbors to just go back and check the iOS ones we need to send goal requests too.

Just as a reminder, this issue was brought up a month ago.

https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...l=1#post247771

Zillions (OK, a few dozen) constructible items I didn't exactly ask for.

I regularly build sheds for the XP. Yesterday, I sent about 20-25 total material requests, about 5 or so for each of the four parts. This morning, there are 39 (regular) roof shingles in my Inventory. There's no way that I could have gotten a total of 39 items in a day, even combining all items. Meanwhile, my shed isn't finished yet...but that's not unusual. It is theoretically possible that someone has been secretly sending me shingles as a gift every day -- but 39 of them? That would take weeks. Or multiple gifters.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

I run regular FS (v1.9) on iOS 5.1.

Executive Chef
    I am having problems requesting materials for constructibles as well. I don't get requested materials the same day, it takes up to 2 days for requested materials to show up in my inventory. I do not receive any error messages when I send out my requests, just a regular message stating that my requests have been sent.

I am on Farm Story 1.9, iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Nightclub Owner
    Zeke, I've never seen your issue before.

Yanochka, when I built my Koi Pond a month ago I only needed 2 parts and I sent the request to myself and pinkster. It took until reset for me to get the part, I sent out the request at 11a and when I woke up the next day at 6a the request was there. Pinkster said that when she sends requests to her husbands tablet it can take up to 2 days for him to get the request. This was also added to my post about the requesting for constructables/goals having all neighbors checked post that Kooky had forwarded to DW. We haven't heard anything on the issue since then, but I do know that both are still occuring and the requests taking days isn't exclusive to just Farm. I'm still receiving requests for potion and gold springs in BS/RS that have a 2 and 3 day post date on them. I've been checking with those neighbors before accepting/gifting them to make sure they actually STILL need those parts, 99% of the time, they don't.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    Zeke, I've never seen your issue before.

Yanochka, when I built my Koi Pond a month ago I only needed 2 parts and I sent the request to myself and pinkster. It took until reset for me to get the part, I sent out the request at 11a and when I woke up the next day at 6a the request was there. Pinkster said that when she sends requests to her husbands tablet it can take up to 2 days for him to get the request. This was also added to my post about the requesting for constructables/goals having all neighbors checked post that Kooky had forwarded to DW. We haven't heard anything on the issue since then, but I do know that both are still occuring and the requests taking days isn't exclusive to just Farm. I'm still receiving requests for potion and gold springs in BS/RS that have a 2 and 3 day post date on them. I've been checking with those neighbors before accepting/gifting them to make sure they actually STILL need those parts, 99% of the time, they don't.
    yup it takes 1 to 2 days for my request to reach everyone. the parts coming in are way after i have requested the next part. it makes it tough to build stuff cause i expect the needed part that day but nothing so i am stuck with box on floor for days.

Rhino Keeper
    push notifications never work either.

Rhino Keeper
    BTW this is for Bakery story but i found your post general search for bugs

Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    All neighbors are still checked when requesting parts, is this going to require a manual update/new version of the game being released before it is fixed? If there are any new goals that come out, this is going to be even more of a hassle then it already is when just requesting parts for constructables, as then we'll have to uncheck 70+ neighbors to just go back and check the iOS ones we need to send goal requests too.

Just as a reminder, this issue was brought up a month ago.

https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...l=1#post247771
    The part request issue will likely require a version update to fix. Unfortunately, we do not know when the next version will be available.

New Resident
    I wa half way through replanting my farm when the store seized up. When I open the store to select crops I can choose fruit, grain whatever, but once that window opens I can't swipe through the choices or even select the ones that are there! What happened? I'm using an iPad 3 with the latest version of the game (all updates added). Anybody else have this problem?

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast