Thread: Bad language filter

Rhino Keeper

Unhappy Bad language filter

On our walls if people want to cuss... they still can... all they have to do is put half of the letters, space, and then the rest... Mabey TL could set it so that those letters can't go in any order... the people would still probably find a loophole though...

Fashion Designer
    There are many flaws in the filter system. There are some words that are (in my opinion) totally safe words but you can't post in the games. Such as "Pal", "pale", "Palace" any word with "pal" as the first 3 letters. I've no idea why.
    Last edited by ButterPanda; 03-26-12 at 10:41 AM. Reason: posting flagged words

Fashion Designer
    Do people swear on your wall? If so I'd just ask the person to stop.

I don't want our walls to look like the youtube comment section but I think too much filtering creates far more annoyance than it solves. Yes, maybe you are offended if you come across the wall of someone you don't know (although once you reached a certain number of neighbours that is rather unlikely) and read swear wrods but it's like overhearing strangers on a bus - not directed at you and not really any of your business.

The required minimum age to play Farm story is 15, I think, and by that time every child hopefully knows about the birds and the bees and is probably exposed to far worse language at school anyway. I know there are younger players but they (should) have parents to look over their shoulder.

Fashion Designer
    Outside my iPad trying to keep the peeps who live inside happy.
    I have a neighbor who is only 13 so I know kids play and people don't know who they are talking to. They don't need to say it to anybody buy could be saying bad stuff to a kid. Also my niece and nephew play my games and they are only 7 and 10. I'd be for getting someone blocked if they put some bad trash on my wall and the kids read it. Grrrr.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorVII View Post
    On our walls if people want to cuss... they still can... all they have to do is put half of the letters, space, and then the rest... Mabey TL could set it so that those letters can't go in any order... the people would still probably find a loophole though...

I'm sorry, but this is how the language filter is set up in game. If you have a problem with this, you would need to contact Support@teamlava.com . However, this isn't a topic suitable for the forums.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-25-12 at 07:40 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request