Page 51 of 225 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Farming with.....RealFarmer

Grand Emperor
    Voles are way smaller then gophers or prairie dogs. No way you could shoot a vole.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Voles are way smaller then gophers or prairie dogs. No way you could shoot a vole.
    Well whatever it is in my neighbors yard, it creates whopping big holes that your feet get stuck in.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    Well whatever it is in my neighbors yard, it creates whopping big holes that your feet get stuck in.
    Those would be gophers or prairie dogs. They have twisted many ankles.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Those would be gophers or prairie dogs. They have twisted many ankles.
    Cool. It is the oddest thing, but it is like these animals have a dividing line for territory. The only thing between my yard and my neighbors is my driveway, but the chipmunks won't go in his yard and the gophers don't come into mine. The chipmunks will go on my tires, go under my car, and go right to the edge of my driveway, but don't cross over. Now if only the snakes that are in my yard would make their way over to him, I'd be a happy camper. They also stay on my side, unfortunately.

We both get the squirrels, they don't seem to care about territory, everything is open season for them. LMAO

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    Cool. It is the oddest thing, but it is like these animals have a dividing line for territory. The only thing between my yard and my neighbors is my driveway, but the chipmunks won't go in his yard and the gophers don't come into mine. The chipmunks will go on my tires, go under my car, and go right to the edge of my driveway, but don't cross over. Now if only the snakes that are in my yard would make their way over to him, I'd be a happy camper. They also stay on my side, unfortunately.

We both get the squirrels, they don't seem to care about territory, everything is open season for them. LMAO
    We have gopher season here. But they're actually prairie dogs. Every spring they are squished all over the roads.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RealFarmer1222 View Post
    They are almost certainly not moles, but voles (according to a gardening expert my brother knows)

Black pepper or mothballs in the vole (not mole) holes is an old remedy of dubious value.
    I wouldn't care so much if they didn't make huge dirt piles (Mole hills/vole hills) all over and they ****ed my lavender I will try the moth balls and I also have a large quantity of cayenne pepper I used for a cat issue last year maybe one will work.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by lylahmae View Post
    I wouldn't care so much if they didn't make huge dirt piles (Mole hills/vole hills) all over and they ****ed my lavender I will try the moth balls and I also have a large quantity of cayenne pepper I used for a cat issue last year maybe one will work.
    Bay Leaf would also work, I would think.

Grand Emperor

Executive Chef
    Realfarmer we need to see how the crops are progressing. If you can post pics again. And how is the deer repellent working out?

Grand Emperor
    Omg maybe the deer have taken over realfarmers farm and are holding him prisoner! That's where he is! Maybe they want a ransom of cabbages and potatoes!