Page 11 of 225 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Farming with.....RealFarmer

Grand Emperor
    My kitties are all indoor only kitties and I scoop the litterbox twice a day and I don't appreciate having to clean up someone else's cat poo from my garden. Not just a couple turds either. It's FULL OF POO. I'm so grrr. Some people need a smack.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    I went out to check my dirt in my "farm" while the snow is melted and IT'S FULL OF SOMEONE'S CAT'S POO AND I'M MAD.
    Nothing wrong with that!!!! Just work it into the soil!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by RealFarmer1222 View Post
    Nothing wrong with that!!!! Just work it into the soil!
    A little bit yes but there's just as much poo as dirt. I had my wonderful top soil, vermiculite, and peatmoss mix ready to go and now its half poo. Not cool.

Executive Chef
    A little bit yes but there's just as much poo as dirt. I had my wonderful top soil, vermiculite, and peatmoss mix ready to go and now its half poo. Not cool.
    Ohhhhh that will grow PRETTY flowers. Just wear gloves if you are squeemish!

Grand Emperor
    I do grow pretty flowers. My flowers aren't ugly and too small.

You think I should keep all the poo then? I was going to scoop it and ever so nicely return it to the neighbor I KNOW is responsible.

Grand Emperor
    And I'm not squeemish about poo. I wear gloves because I'm terrified of spiders and I reach in my juniper to clear out the dead needles and there's SPIDERS in there.

Executive Chef
    I do grow pretty flowers. My flowers aren't ugly and too small.

You think I should keep all the poo then? I was going to scoop it and ever so nicely return it to the neighbor I KNOW is responsible.
    Well, I realize cat poo doesn't 'break up' well, but if you can work it into the soil and you're not going to plant anything right away; it will make good "organic" fertilizer.

You just don't want the cats returning to do their business after you plant something.

Grand Emperor
    What is "right away"? I usually prep my soil about a week before I plant.

Fashion Designer
    Yuck, cat poo. I'm with ya Pink. Not sure why that sounds so nasty and yet cow poo seems so much better.

I managed to get weeds cleared out of my garden this weekend. Too bad crops aren't as easy to grow as weeds are.

Discovered that the ants have once again made my garden their home. Gotta figure out how to get them to move out without using a ton of chemicals.

Grand Emperor
    There's little ant ****er things that are contained in a plastic house type thing so there's no chance of accidentally poisoning other animals. They've worked for me. You just put a few out and a bunch get ****ed and the rest leave. Maybe to your neighbors