Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people gift BROWNIES???????? x_x;

Fashion Designer
    I take whatever i get as a Gift doesn't matter

Fashion Designer
    I think some people like to play the game for strategy as part of their enjoyment and brownies figure very little in any kind of good strategy. Others, especially newer players, don't know the (little) value they have and gift it with good intentions (I assume). And others simply don't care and think their neighbors should be happy with any gift, regardless of what they prefer. It goes back to finding neighbors who play the game the same as you. You can always suggest the people who think "a gift is a gift" to your brownie-gifting neighbor .

Grand Emperor
    Some people may think brownies are the better gift because 200 are gifted, whereas you only gift 50.

Fashion Designer
    I have a lot of brownie gifting neighbors too. I suspect they send brownies because you get 200 servings for +4. Not bad! I only have a few counters out so it may appear to them that I need more food. That is thoughtful!
    I ran out of food AND coins once. That is a pickle! My brownie gifting neighbors got me through it. For that I am grateful

Grand Emperor
    Oops. 50 cappuccinos in my post.

Brownies were originally 1 coin. During the short period where all food was 4 coins they were the best gift. Now they are back to 1 coin and the least profitable of all food gifts.

Fashion Designer
    Okay so the brownie and dragon gifters don't get it yet. They will eventually. The delete threaters don't get it either yet. But they will. Starting first thing tomorrow all my neighbors are getting brownies. Remember you all added me by my user name. I added no one. Mrs. Goodkind is a rebel

Fashion Designer
    Recently I posted a three part message on all my neighbors' walls in plain text, no emoji letting them know that I'm changing my gifting policy to alternate sending capps one day and parts the next since it was too hard to keep up with who wanted what. I don't want to bust out a spreadsheet, its too much work. So one neighbor responded by sending me brownies the next day. Since this was a neighbor who returned my tips but never posted on my wall I really wasn't that sad about just deleting her for giving .

Since then I have a different neighbor who has always been really nice and posts cute messages on my wall with her tips sending me chocolate cake, hot chocolate and other random food items *except* for capps every day. I didn't delete her since she has otherwise been a decent neighbor. So today after another chocolate cake I asked her if she was sending me food other than capps because she was mad at me for my new gifting policy or if she just was genuinely unaware that capps earn more. This was the polite approach since I've posted my standard cute message about capps being better on her wall numerous times. Her response was that she didn't know I had a new gift policy and she just gifts what she likes and I could delete it if I didn't like it.

Sigh so now I have to decide if its worth having a neighbor who doesn't send me anything worth having. I'm happy with parts or capps, but brownies etc drive me bonkers and I refuse to put out extra counters for them. I have too many counters out already!
    Last edited by ButterPanda; 03-06-12 at 04:35 PM.

Farm Supplier
    It is all perspective of how you play and where you are in the game. I'm at level 78, maxed out on equipment until I master the next one, have full counters, and a large stock in the gift basket. Unless a neighbor writes on my wall or I happen to see on a need on their wall, I send what I send everyone else. If I don't want a gift, there is always the decline button.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by pops1972 View Post
    Okay so the brownie and dragon gifters don't get it yet. They will eventually. The delete threaters don't get it either yet. But they will. Starting first thing tomorrow all my neighbors are getting brownies. Remember you all added me by my user name. I added no one. Mrs. Goodkind is a rebel
    Although your neighbors added you, no one but you accepted their invite. You could have declined. I don't understand the thought behind gifting neighbors brownies because they invited you to be their neighbor.

Fashion Designer
    I didn't ask anyone to invite me. Don't turn around and think you can expect me to abide by your rules. I ain't having it. It's ridiculous.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast