Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Border Collie WAY too expensive!

Border Collie WAY too expensive!

I think the title says it all. I do pay for gems for some things, but I think the cost I'd the border collie is absolutely ridiculous. I like to work my way to finish collections and to finish the high jump it would cost over $100 dollars!!
    I can't possibly be the only one who thinks this is crazy.
    Please make this animal a more reasonable price so that the goal is a little more attainable.

New Resident
    Yeah, completely agree. Why are all these new animals that cost gems 7 or maybe 15 gems but the Border Collie is as much for a new bed to use for breeding? Additionally, Team Lava was STARTING to provide more opportunities to acquire gems and then completely fell off the wayside. Again. You're going to lose players if you don't remedy this. It's simply wrong to make Gems a form of currency when the only way to acquire them is by paying money. Even the Smurfs game gives you their gem equivalent for milestones. Why has that yet to become your programming practice?

Executive Chef
    Youre not the only one, many people, including myself, have complained about the price.

It appears as though the price has gone up considerably since I first started playing...hopefully they will bring those prices back down soon.

Host(ess)

Thumbs down

I think it is morally wrong to put gem prices to animals or items that are REQUIRED to complete goals with. (e.g. border collie, fish tank, bengal)
    This makes players feel as if they can never complete the goal and might force them to buy gems. Gems should be on optional things that are not required for goals. That way people can have a choice on whether they want to buy gems or not.

Another matter is of course the price of gems. Are they real gems? Did you excavate them from a mine, lava team? Why on earth are they so expensive????!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by m1Lk4 View Post
    I think it is morally wrong to put gem prices to animals or items that are REQUIRED to complete goals with. (e.g. border collie, fish tank, bengal)
    This makes players feel as if they can never complete the goal and might force them to buy gems. Gems should be on optional things that are not required for goals. That way people can have a choice on whether they want to buy gems or not.

Another matter is of course the price of gems. Are they real gems? Did you excavate them from a mine, lava team? Why on earth are they so expensive????!!!!
    Do you happen to know the name of the quest that requires the Border Collie? We can let the team know about this and see if they can lower the price.

Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    Do you happen to know the name of the quest that requires the Border Collie? We can let the team know about this and see if they can lower the price.
    I think they are referring to finishing the dog collection that earns you a tree frog...which is required to complete the bull frog quest.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl2012 View Post
    I think they are referring to finishing the dog collection that earns you a tree frog...which is required to complete the bull frog quest.
    That's right Texasgirl2012!
    The goal is called "Ribbit!". To breed a bullfrog you need a frog. To get a frog you need to complete collection "High jump contest". For that you need at least 312 gems for the parents (2 border collies and 2 bengals). I don't know if we'd need any more for breeding the kids, as I have obviously not got that far! Also not sure if gems might be required for the bullfrog itself...
    In any case, my argument is there shouldn't be any gems required to complete goals, but only for optional decorations that look cool but are not necessary to play the game.

Can anyone tell me in all honesty if it is possible to earn 312 gems just by completing other goals? If so, then I can be patient until then, but I somehow doubt it... :-(

Host(ess)
    Also the fish tank costs 29 gems and you need to buy one for the sprucing up goal!

Farm Supplier
    I agree about the whole paying gems to complete goals thing. A few things TL should considder

1. Some ppl cant have a CC to buy gems, either by being their choice, being underage and parents wont let them or some may even be black listed
    2. Not every player lives in the US and thus have different currencies, making the conversion from their currency to USD freaking really utterly expensive and not possible

Can anyone tell me in all honesty if it is possible to earn 312 gems just by completing other goals? If so, then I can be patient until then, but I somehow doubt it... :-(
    Doubt away, cos in the time ive been playing PSS i have "obtained" 2 GEMS in total from goals, currently there are NO other open goals that reward gems, and for me there will probably be none also cos i cant get NEW goals before finishing the current ones, and cant finish the current ones cos i dont have anough gems.................viscious circle this one.

Why cant we earn gems like in the other games?
    For example........

Each 2nd time you level up, you get 1 gem
    Each time you completely upgrade certian pets playpens you get a gem
    Playing with nbr pets a certain amount of times will reward a gem
    Having a certain amount of pets will reward a gem
    Expanding your shop right around (Side + Bottom) will reward a gem

But then again if they do this now Ill lose out BIG time hehehehehehe
    But these are suggestions, try some please TL we need to have the choice to buy or earn gems

Oh and dont say enter competitions for gems, cos then the diff countries comes into play again...........almost each contest has been started between the hours of 2AM and 4AM my time, and mostly Im asleep then.............did anybody take this into account when starting new contests? Again its just the times when its convenient for US players

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast