Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Major bug in restaurant story.

Unregistered

Angry Major bug in restaurant story.

Food cooks and can be served

Once served, seems customers are happy and eating. ( I'm at 100 happiness)
    Food count appears to go down, then resets up
    Leave the game then when u come back, mssg says. You've earned so much while away, but coins are actually depleted.

TEAM LAVA, there is a major bug with the game. Not even a minor like occasional crashes. MAJOR

one that will lose u players very fast.

I play all ur games and have pd u real money, haven't for this one yet. Was about to, glad I didn't.

Please just admit you know about the major flaw and tell us u r working on it, and your game fans will understand and appreciate the admission. Stay silent and or deny like Norman did on another thread and your fans will b frustrated and angry all the more. Please, just fix it.

Unregistered
    ditto...please fix this problem!

Unregistered
    I also have seen my coins count going down like the others, and think this might be due to your not making sure the game's "last second" of progress gets sent to the game servers correctly.

If s, this looks to be a very bad disconnect problem between people's games and your servers. How exactly are you keeping everything in this game in sync? Because you moved into a "pseudo-" real-time game with "Restaurant Story", what I think you did with the periodic synchronization of the game with the servers isn't going to work well.

For example, I closed my game with 14517 coins. I then came back approx. 1 min later, and have a notice that says I earned 990 coins while I was away. However, I am seeing my new coins count being 14539 instead of the 15507 that I am expecting.

I also noticed that after leaving immediately and then coming back after another 30 seconds or so, I am still at the 14539 coins count, which may be correct (since so little time has passed). However, the same "You earned 990 coins while you were away" notice that I saw earlier showed up!

I then retested and had 13675 coins at approx. 1 second after a given minute started. After approx. 5 seconds after the following minute started (due to the game having to get the correct starting state from the game servers), or an elapsed time of 64 seconds apporox, I showed 13659 coins in my wallet. I did not get a "Coins earned" notice like before.

Some thoughts:

1. If you are not making sure that the game state is sent to the game server when someone exits, please do so. Maybe keep the game in the background or something even though it's off the screen, or adjust the retrieved state (after a restart) with the most recent data saved when the player exits last.

2. The amount of time that has to pass between one save from the player's side to the game servers and the next save looks to be too long. You might consider shortening it or saving the states more often locally and then update + adjust on updates.

"Restaurant Story" should be a pseudo real-time simulation game, so what worked for "Farm Story" and "City Story" isn't going to work too well here, IMHO.

Thanks,
    Owner, "Cafe Dizzy"

Unregistered

I have not been receiving the correct amount

this is also the same problem I am having and I am not receiving my correct amount for food that has been eaten. i have been staying closed till they fix this problem. if it doesnt get fixed soon i will quit playing.

Unregistered
    Same issues on my game also, very frustrating and I have given up with it for the time being as its unplayable

Cristina

Unregistered
    It's happening to me too. Closing till it's fixed

Unregistered
    When I cook, the coins are taken for the food but I'm not receiving any when completed and served. Also, I lose coins each time I leave my restaurant (not game).

Unregistered

Angry Bump

Still happening. Went to check. Last I had 173000 coins, all counters full of food. Happiness at 100. That was two hours ago.

Now down to 162000 ish, still have all my food, and happiness still at 100

Obviously t.l. Isn't even bothering or acknowledging the problem. A simple "we are aware and working on" would be nice, but nuthing from them. Only silence. All who paid for gems should contact apple for a refund.

Unregistered

Losing Coins

My coins are going down even though I have a full restaurant and all my counters are full. Earlier in the week (pre-update) it took me 1 day to collect 50k since the update yesterday morning, so far I have only made 10k in two days. The update a spoilt a fun game

Unregistered
    I just noticed this problem myself! Sucks when you are trying to build up coins!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast