Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blocked wall posts in other languages

Unregistered

Unhappy Blocked wall posts in other languages

It looks like there's been something implemented to prevent inappropriate comments on people's walls...

That's good and all, but I was trying to post a message on my neighbor's wall and I kept getting a message saying it had inappropriate words. I was just trying to tell them I'd check back on their farm later, but in another language...

Anyone else have this problem?

Unregistered

Yes

I received the following several times (2-3 neighbors):

"This player blocked you, so you can not post comments on their profile."

What is weird is that 10 minutes later I was able to post to their wall's that I had watered. How do you block someone? I do not have that abillity? Also I have NEVER posted anything bad/offensive etc. Just that I have watered/thanks and how their farm looks.

Ellie
    The devs might have been testing the feature out. Someone posted about rude/nasty comments being left on their wall and I suggested it would be good to block these farmers from your farm.

Unregistered
    I did get that once, that a player blocked me. I never checked back on it though.

In particular, the message I was trying to send was "bumalik ako." I was trying to say "I'll come back later" in Tagalog.

The message I got was "Your message contains inappropriate word(s). Please enter a new message."

I have a lot of neighbors I use French with, I haven't had any problems with them. I don't understand why my message would be blocked from being posted.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    The devs might have been testing the feature out. Someone posted about rude/nasty comments being left on their wall and I suggested it would be good to block these farmers from your farm.
    I can still post messages on my neighbor's wall, but it won't allow me to post "bumalik ako."

::shrug::

Unregistered

German word blocked

The word B?ume, which means "trees" in German, is being blocked. Typically, I want to use this word to distinguish from crops. Can you please exclude it from your blocked list?

On another note, I'd be very interested to know if it is inappropriate in another language; and, if so, which one and what does it mean? 

Unregistered

Correction

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The word B?ume, which means "trees" in German, is being blocked. Typically, I want to use this word to distinguish from crops. Can you please exclude it from your blocked list?

On another note, I'd be very interested to know if it is inappropriate in another language; and, if so, which one and what does it mean? 
    I see the umlaut character doesn't display properly. The word is "Baeume."

John
    Just had the same problem. Couldn't post a message in english containing ? sign. Got a reply that the player had blocked me. When i left the ? sign out i had no problem posting the message.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Just had the same problem. Couldn't post a message in english containing ? sign. Got a reply that the player had blocked me. When i left the ? sign out i had no problem posting the message.
    I see that the euro sign isn't shown properly, not even on this forum. Please note that the ? in my message was inputted by me as a euro sign.

I cant write my storm8id that is: Sash77 its inappropriate!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast