Thread: offline gameplay

Host(ess)

offline gameplay

This may not be too widely accepted by everybody but I think this is something that would be very helpful to the game as a whole. I think that TL should implement the ability to all games for us to be able to play while offline, similar to what currently exists in zombie farm for those that are familiar with the game. It would allow us to play the game just like we would regularely, minus the ability to visit other people's restaurants, bakeries etc. and obviously with that, the ability to comment on other peoples profiles. I just want us to be able to have the ability to cook and serve food as well as edit things. Personally, playing on an iPod and not an iPhone I've been hoping this would be implemented for quite some time.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Due to the fact that nothing is saved on your device except the actual application, this sadly probably wouldn't work.
    Basically, each game is attached to the UDID, a unique number. All of it's in The Cloud (online), though. There wouldn't be a way to get the game up without going online.

Farm Supplier
    they made it online so you can't serve food quickly by changing the date and time on your ipod/iphone
    if you ever played smurfs you can play it offline but if you change your time on the ipod/iphone you can see that your farming is done even if you placed a 1 day crop
    so if they made it online you can cook stew in 30 secs

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Blocked99 View Post
    they made it online so you can't serve food quickly by changing the date and time on your ipod/iphone
    if you ever played smurfs you can play it offline but if you change your time on the ipod/iphone you can see that your farming is done even if you placed a 1 day crop
    so if they made it online you can cook stew in 30 secs
    edit: which means no one will buy gems anymore

Executive Chef
    I think this would be an awesome idea!! and I would love it!!!

Grand Emperor
    There would only be a small number of things that you can do offline. Your game is constantly being updated on the TL servers by you and your neighbors/community members. If you make too many changes to your game in a long period, and then go online, you could get a lot of out of sync errors and lose what you did offline, or what your neighbors and community did while you were offline.