Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Disappearing food when door is closed

Disappearing food

Every time I leave my restaurant and come back later, some or all of the food on the counters is gone. I am trying to add to what I have. Door is blocked. Losing money I spend on gems. Why is this happening???

Nightclub Owner
    Don't block the door. Blocking the door is the reason for your "quick sell". Set up your restaurant so that your customers have no access to tables and chairs(for no food sales) or have access to one or two tables & chairs (for very slow food sales). In either case make sure they have access to the host table.
    Either way, your "happy cutomer rating" will go down. That doesn't matter.

Here are two examples.

Some players just turn their chairs away from the tables as well.

New Resident

My food keeps disappearing super fast.

No matter how much I put out I come back even minutes later and all but one lot is gone. Been happening for three days but now to the point that I will have to stop playing soon. Even if I close the door and build up food them reopen it just disappears again. So frustrating, especially when I just bought gems to be able to play.
    Help!

Executive Chef
    Sorry to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    The game will usually quick-sell all of your inventory if you block the door to your store. When you block the door, you may not see the customers coming in, but our system will still recognize them walking in and buying your items. When you open your door again, the consumption that took place while your door was blocked catches up, which is why it looks like you instantly lost all of your items.

If you want to avoid the quick-sell, don't block your door.
    We suggest not blocking the door as it may have unintended effects on your game.

New Resident

Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by SparklyOctopus View Post
    Sorry to hear that!

We suggest not blocking the door as it may have unintended effects on your game.
    Thanks for the fast reply.

I won't shut the door and have put out the last saved food gifts so hope that gives me enough time to cook more.

Farm Supplier

OMG food disappearing when door is blocked

Has anyone else experienced this? I've had my door blocked for days trying to bulk up on food to put out, and I had over 10000 orders of each dish set out and I just checked and my food has randomly been disappearing. Some dishes are at the correct amount but some are down to 1000. Can anyone help me with this?

Executive Chef
    It is a well-known phenomenon, and the reason S8's official stance is that the game is not meant to have doors blocked. It doesn't always happen, but is really annoying when it does. To avoid it, don't block your door, just don't give the bots any place to sit. Block their path to the tables--but not the host table--or turn all your chairs 90 degrees so they can't sit and eat.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by teest View Post
    Has anyone else experienced this? I've had my door blocked for days trying to bulk up on food to put out, and I had over 10000 orders of each dish set out and I just checked and my food has randomly been disappearing. Some dishes are at the correct amount but some are down to 1000. Can anyone help me with this?
    If you have that much food, you don't need to block your door. What level are you on?

Farm Supplier
    I had very same problem & i never blocked my door but food was vanishing faster than i could make it, i was cooking around the clock but when this happened i blocked my door & lo & behold the food still went out so i put in a complaint to fix it but was told do not block doors but i never blocked doors until it happened but anyway remove all chairs but a few & if patrons cant sit, they dont eat, therefore food stays longer. Hope this helped

But doesn't that affact your rating?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast