Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappearing food when door is closed

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee517 View Post
    Won't that make the happiness decrease?
    Closing the door was a great way to catch up on demand w/o losing happy customers.
    Yes the happiness will decrease, but that is only used to attract more customers to come in. The goal is to reduce the amount of customers so that the food has time to create a nice stockpile, so happiness at 100% is not what you'd want in this case anyways.

I still have a few questions about the closed door business. I understand the game was not designed to have the door closed and I understand about the forced/quick sale. However, I prefer my door closed for aesthetic reasons. Plus, seeing those annoying robot diners slowly trooping in and raising their empty hands to eat like a deranged monkey drives me crazy! So, my questions are as follows:

1) In many cases, I have not noticed any sale in my food items when my door has been closed, then later re-opened. I read the part about the game timer catching up after a few hours and the money being added to your account, but seemingly not in my case. I've tested it a few times by keeping my door closed for a varied amounts of time, then re-opening my restaurant. 2 hours, 30 minutes, 4 hours, etc. etc. I'm not certain but I think that, unless I keep my door closed *overnight* or for really long stretches of time, my money doesn't subsequently go up when I log back in to compensate for the food that was supposedly eaten in that time by the invisible diners. I've also noted the quantities of various food items hasn't decreased. Since dishes are supposed to be eaten equally across the board, at least a few of them should have dropped while the door was closed, but no. So, I'm confused. Has anyone else experienced this?

2) What if I *want* to have a quick sale for a limited period of time? I realise that's a novel question but I have a massive amount of low-value food from back when scallops or burritos were $4 but now that they're $1 and I've mastered the recipe, I'd like them all to go away and never to see them again. (Plus, scallops are a seriously ugly dish. All these endless brown/beige/orange recipes. Blech!) Is there a set amount of time that I need to keep my door closed in order to force a quick sale?

3) I read on the forum that the new update was intended to fix money issues and bugs. Can someone explain further what specifically it sought to correct?

I used to be able to close my doors and ALL activity in my bakery or restaurant stopped. Meaning, no customers were coming in, so I wasn't selling food! Thus, I was able to stock my restaurant!
    The past few days I noticed that my restaurant continues to sell food even with the door closed. The game should recognize that the door is closed and not sell food, period! If that's the case, then the customers might as well still come through the door like ghosts and still eat food. :/

Rhino Keeper
    In my experience, the quick sales when the door is blocked only happens on certain levels. I was having a huge problem keeping food on my counters until one of my expansions, then the problem was fixed. One trick that did work for me though was not only did I block my door, but I also stored my chairs. Even ghost customers need a place to sit. BTW, this did not make my rating go down. Hope this helps!

Host(ess)
    I wish i had a disappearing food problem, i cant get rid of it fast enough, and have literally millions of food quantities available that will take several months to sell even if i stop everything

I dont know the answer but twice now while my doors are closed I have had food disappear and never see any money for it this upsets me greatly smeone please I dont work hard at making all the dishes and spend all that money to end up with nothing

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandabthomas View Post
    I dont know the answer but twice now while my doors are closed I have had food disappear and never see any money for it this upsets me greatly smeone please I dont work hard at making all the dishes and spend all that money to end up with nothing
    You should still see money when all the food sells out. Maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling the game. Also, instead of blocking your door, just leave 1 or 2 table/chair combos for a few customers to sit and eat, this way you'll still make some money but be able to stockpile some food. Your happiness will go down, but that isn't a big deal since you want less customers right now anyways, and it always bounces back up once you put out all the tables/chairs again.

Me too. THIS IS MY FIRST DAY PLAYING THE GAME AND IT MAY BE MY LAST

Rhino Keeper
    I've been having this issue for awhile now too, but only in RS not BS.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarShackQueen View Post
    Me too. THIS IS MY FIRST DAY PLAYING THE GAME AND IT MAY BE MY LAST
    Quote Originally Posted by cookietyler View Post
    I've been having this issue for awhile now too, but only in RS not BS.
    Are you blocking your doors?
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast