Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappearing food when door is closed

New Resident
    My husband also has a galaxy s and his food dissapears to. He gets the coins but the resturant is closed. Is this a bug that is going to get fixed? we can store food in BS but not in RS

The Honorable Panda
    This is not a bug that can be fixed by Team Lava. Closing doors and blocking registers, etc in any of the games is not a design mechanic, its a work around some people have found in the game. Since this is not a design feature built into the game Team Lava cannot verify if this will work or not.

Some people are having the issue of items selling in an instant and some people are not having the issue.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Disappearing food when door is closed

Help please! Why is my food disappearing off the counters when I close the door? This is a recent event as I've been closing my doors on my android game since I started. I'm at level 82. This does not happen on my ipad restaurant. Any ideas? I've read somewhere along the posts about ghost customers - would this be related?
    Thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    TL Explains that the game wasn't made to have the doors closed. When you eventually unlock your door a "Quick sale" happens to basically catch up with that time that you've had the door closed. It happened to me a few times. You open you door, leave for a while, come back and it informs that you've made $87,000! lol and most of your food is gone! Do you at least get the money for the quick sale? I did. There is a way to keep this from happening though. When you open your door, immediately go and visit your neighbors to avoid quick sales. hope i helped

Nightclub Owner
    Don't close the door. Just section off a part of your restaurant where the customers can come in, maybe one or two can sit (or not, doesn't matter if they sit & eat or not), have access to the host/hostess. You'll be able to stock up your counters, control whether food sells or not without having to close your doors and not have the dreaded quick sale.

Nightclub Owner
    Sectioning off part of the restaurant example:

Nightclub Owner
    If your doors are closed and you haven't opened them yet and food is still disappearing, hence not a quick sale, it's because TL has the game on a timer and after so many hours the food will sell regardless of if your door is still blocked or not. I wondered the same thing awhile back and this is what I had been told was the reason the food was still selling even though my door hadn't ever been opened to allow a "quick sale" to take place.

The Honorable Panda
    Post from DW on this

Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    The game will usually quick-sell all of your inventory if you block the door to your store. When you block the door, you may not see the customers coming in, but our system will still recognize them walking in and buying your items. When you open your door again, the consumption that took place while your door was blocked catches up, which is why it looks like you instantly lost all of your items.

If you want to avoid the quick-sell, don't block your door.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

thanks all for info. I will section off like bobbyrae suggests

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Don't close the door. Just section off a part of your restaurant where the customers can come in, maybe one or two can sit (or not, doesn't matter if they sit & eat or not), have access to the host/hostess. You'll be able to stock up your counters, control whether food sells or not without having to close your doors and not have the dreaded quick sale.
    Won't that make the happiness decrease?
    Closing the door was a great way to catch up on demand w/o losing happy customers.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast