Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Disappearing food when door is closed

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by carenkross View Post
    But doesn't that affact your rating?
    You can also remove chairs rather than blocking them off. If your patrons can't eat, your rating will drop. But it will pick up almost immediately as soon as you make the chairs accessible again. But again, I have to wonder, if you have that many servings of that many dishes set out, you won't run out in a single day. As a matter of fact, I've found the more food I have out, and the more food in a single stack, the slower the food sells - so sales of my regular food really slumps when stacks of goal food accumulate. Plus, once you hit 40,000 servings in a stack, selling out of that stack slows down to a crawl unless there's really nothing else left.

The Honorable Panda
    The game will usually quick-sell all of your inventory if you block the door to your store. When you block the door, you may not see the customers coming in, but the system will still recognize them walking in and buying your items. When you open your door again, the consumption that took place while your door was blocked catches up, which is why it looks like you instantly lost all of your items.

If you want to avoid the quick-sell, don't block your door.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

New Resident
    I just started this game last week and it was going well until yesterday when my food disappeared. Then today I finished two items that took my 22 hours to make and the game went off line for a few second and when I came back the food was gone.
    I have blocked my doors many times and this never happened.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by steeleye1 View Post
    I just started this game last week and it was going well until yesterday when my food disappeared. Then today I finished two items that took my 22 hours to make and the game went off line for a few second and when I came back the food was gone.
    Look at the post two posts up from yours by kooky panda about blocking the door in the game.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by steeleye1 View Post
    Blocking your door is not part of the design of the game, so you can experience issues like "quick sales". To avoid such happenings, please try not to block your door.

If you are running low of food, you can try placing your greeter farthest away from your door to make your bots walk further to slow down the consumption of food. I make my bots walk from one end of my restaurant to the other end where my greeter is so I can cook and build up my food supply. Hope this helps.

My food keeps disappearing!!!

I've put chairs against my doors so customers can't get in because I'm ill at the moment and can't play much, I logged in today and noticed over half my food had disappeared!! So I counted the rest of my counters which had food on which was 8, came back an hour later there was 6 left with food!!! I cooked some french bread and put them on counters logged off came back and they had gone same happened to the omelettes!! That's hours and hours of food just disappeared!! I'm fuming! Please explain storm 8 I have been playing on this game for nearly three years and I have spent money on this game buying gems too!!

The Honorable Panda
    Blocking the door is not part of the design of the game.

The game will usually quick-sell all of your inventory if you block the door to your store. When you block the door, you may not see the customers coming in, but the system will still recognize them walking in and buying your items. When you open your door again, the consumption that took place while your door was blocked catches up, which is why it looks like you instantly lost all of your items.

If you want to avoid the quick-sell, don't block your door.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 04-18-16 at 07:50 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Farm Supplier
    If you need to stretch out your food inventory, you need to delay the bots progress and/or be a little less hospitable.

If you haven't already, try placing host table as far from door as possible, easy peasy. If you don't mind seeing your happiness rating temporarily plummet, remove most of your chairs. Rating will recover quickly once you return & restore chairs.

I bet other players have suggestions too. Hope it helps!

Also you can store your chairs or just turn them so no one can sit down. Your rating will drop but your food will last.

New Resident

Missing Food Items

Question...Is anyone experiencing items being removed from their counters even though the door is blocked? I have done this for some time to build up my inventory, but now when I return to my store I have received a good bit of money and also have empty counters. Has there been a change in how the game works?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast