Thread: "block" button please!!

"block" button please!!

Will we ever get the ability to block rude players from commenting on our walls?

I would love to have that option because every so often there are people who have nothing better to do than to be rude/mean/disgusting/nasty to other people for no apparent reason.

Grand Emperor
    I would also like a block button.

Rhino Keeper
    A lot of us would like a block button, including me.
    I hope it will be implimented.

Executive Chef
    It's been asked for forever, again and again, but tl doesn't feel it's a necessary implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    A Block button has both positive and negative effects. Yes, with a block button, you can easily block an inappropriate player so they don't bother you again, but this won't stop them from causing trouble for other players.

Currently, the only option to deal with such individuals is to send us an email and report them. This allows us to review their actions and take disciplinary action if necessary. By doing so, we can remove this bad egg from the community so they will not be able to cause trouble for you again, as well as everyone else.
    So basically, tl want's to be hands on and have control with absolutely everything, instead of you resolving the problem and saving them the time. Though it is up to them to determine if the person is doing anything inappropriate. A tad "big brother" ish.

Executive Chef
    Here is the thread that was from, by the way (forgot to add before hitting submit): https://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23900

Thanks for adding the previous thread

Yup seems like most people would like a block button for annoying players or ones that go out of their way to harrass others. However I'd have to agree with the majority and say the benefits of a block button outweigh the negatives. It seems more of a hassle to report someone and wait to see if its deemed "worthy" of TL's time to take action.