Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What is your gifting strategy?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef17 View Post
    If you have 75 neighbors and don't get at least 20 gifts back, you need new neighbors .
    I agree. Most of my neighbours never have the chance to gift me since i usually max out early in the day. I do what pastrychef does, decline a few gifts (usually something i have over 40 of in inventory, or potion or dragon stuff or shamrocks) so that other neighbours can get through. I don't usually have a problem getting back parts requests either.

New Resident
    I usually do random gifts. If it's a game like Nightclub Story, one day I might gift Dictator drink and the next it may be the same, or it maybe War and Peace.Of course, if someone requests an item, I gift that first (I usually check my wall before I do anything else).Recently though, someone questioned me sending paint and screws, so I stopped.Funny thing, after I stopped he started requesting those same items from me.Because of that issue though, I now only send items that can't be requested and send requested items - however I am still random on the items I send ^^

Farm Supplier
    Just dont gift like i do..

Host(ess)
    I usually send the same gift to all my neighbors: parts or cappuccino.

Host(ess)
    when i first started out, i used to send brownies all the time because i didn't know what parts were for, and it had the most quanity. LOL. then i found out what parts were actually used for, so now i just send those.
    i mass gift random parts. it takes too much effort to personalize them. plus they could always request the parts they need.

New Resident
    Your posts were really helpful to me. I was wondering if we have a maximum on how many parts we can store??? I too like it when people request a specific part so I can accept and send. Then I know they will get what they need. As a newcomer, I agree that food really helps my counters. I home school and forget to check my food that is cooking so end up losing some pretty much daily...lol...guess I am not the best chef...at least not yet. Sure enjoy this application as a stress release.

New Resident
    Is there a place to view what parts are in storage?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by wslady View Post
    Is there a place to view what parts are in storage?
    Yes, go into "main" in the left hand corner and tap on "My Gifts" in the bottom left.

Fashion Designer
    To my knowledge there is no limit. I have 105 gears so clearly we can store over 100 of something.

I used to send my nbrs whatever part they sent me last. I only gift parts and only add nbrs who send parts only. It's much easier to not have to deal with food at all. But now I just send everyone the same thing unless someone requests something specific. I've not had any complaints.

Rhino Keeper
    I used to try and wait and gift people back whatever they gifted me or requested of me. Then I realized that took too long and, since most people should have enough neighbors that they can be choosy with which gifts they accept & ignore, I just started sending random parts. I usually try to send whatever part I'm shortest on -- using the logic that my neighbors are generally building the same new appliances I am, and if I'm short on screws, they probably are, too.

Quote Originally Posted by risputin View Post
    I usually do random gifts. If it's a game like Nightclub Story, one day I might gift Dictator drink and the next it may be the same, or it maybe War and Peace...
    I used to do the same thing (with a preference for Blue Lagoons because I thought they were prettiest) in Nightclub until I realized that War & Peace sells for $5 each while all of the others only sell for $2 each. Now I just send War & Peace, lol.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast