Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your gifting strategy?

What is your gifting strategy?

I currently have 52 neighbors. Some prefer parts and others want food. I think generally gifting food is a good idea. If a person wants a part or a specific item they can request it. I have noticed that some of my neighbors post on their wall what they want as gifts. But I don't always have time to read their walls. I do read my own wall. So if they request something I will see it. Just wondering what everyone else does cause I feel like I can't make everyone happy.

Host(ess)
    Because TL slowed down how quickly the food sells (I believe they're rectified this now), I had no room for food gifts so personally I prefer to stockpile parts. Because I have high-level neighbors, I assume they're in the same boat and gift parts too. If a new appliance comes out, I will gift them something on that list. I tend to mostly gift gears, paint and screws though.

Fashion Designer
    I have over 2M plates of food in my bakery so food gifts are useless to me. I think they're better for lower level players who have trouble keeping their counters stocked. I only accept parts and stockpile them for when I need to build an appliance.

My neighbors write their requests on my wall and I honor those as much as possible. Some of my neighbors always write their requests on their walls so I know to check there first before I send a gift. If I don't know or if I don't have time to check, then I'll send parts used in the latest appliances released as I assume they'll want to build those.

Fashion Designer
    Outside my iPad trying to keep the peeps who live inside happy.
    I have close to 100 neighbors so I usually send everyone the same thing unless I see someone wants a specific item. There are so many constructible items lately it's nice to have extra parts. Then you don't have to wait to build stuff. But with the goals some ppls food got pretty low so sometimes I send that. Guess I don't have a strategy. Just depends on what kind of mood I'm in at the time. lol

Rhino Keeper
    When I get a material request or a message requesting a certain gift I send them that (and take note of it )
    Otherwise I just send people the materials I need

Thanks everyone. For a while I was sending parts one day and food the next. Then a neighbor told me they only wanted food and I started worrying about people not wanting what I sent them. Of course if they posted on my wall what they wanted or sent a request I would. I think I should back to my old gifting ways. At least people will be happy half the time.

Rhino Keeper
    I think of my neighbors as they want to help me, because I am there to help them. I've had someone tell me that they didn't want to be neighbors because they didn't want to help gift parts. It doesn't hurt my feelings. There are so many other people who do want to help each other. Having numerous neighbors helps me make choices as to what my needs are for the day.

When I have time I try to give my neighbors their requests. Also when I make a request I understand they have lives also and will do their best to help me when they can.

Nightclub Owner
    For me, parts are far better than food. Seems like everybody's building something. I decline all food gifts. I appreciate when my neighbours write on my wall their specific parts request. I will try to check neighbours' walls to see if they have a specific request. Otherwise i send back whatever part they send me or whatever part i need. I think i have a fairly good idea of what my neighbours want now though...i.e. which neighbours prefer food and which prefer parts.

I like it when neighbours let me know their gft preferences, and I try to gift that. Otherwise, if a player is very new I tend to gift cappuccinos,because they are valuable and take more time to make. If I notice a applicance box I try to gift what I think they might need (but a lot of the time I'm guessing). Otherwise I tend to gift a mix of things over several days but say one thing to all neighbours on the same day and then another the next.
    Personally I like having a stockpile of parts, it makes building so easy. I also like have heaps of a kind of food and I built it up and put it out at once.

Rhino Keeper
    I feel that food is useless. I can make a ton of it myself. But parts I can't get unless neighbors send them to me. I would much rather have parts!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast