Thread: Dropped My iPhone

Executive Chef
    A bitter and lonely state of cruelty and injustice

Unhappy Dropped My iPhone

Hey all.

I was walking outside with my friends when my iPhone slid out of my pocket, onto the road, and cracked. Are there any repair companies? O_o

Other Information:
    Apple iPhone 3G Version 3
    8 GB

Fashion Designer
    Sure. There are lots. But you forgot to include where you are and what the damages are. You don't have to include your location for privacy of course, but just saying you should search for a local iPhone repair center.

You need to document what got damaged. Does it still turn on, is the glass cracked, does the display still work, etc.

Fashion Designer
    they are lots....... if u have it under warrenty then apple might replace it for u..
    if not DONT ask apple to reapir it it will cost ALOT and they will most likely advise u to get a new one..
    u can prob find someone on craigslist who will do it for like $30 good luck!
    i had the same thing happen to me lol

Hey sterling... at this point, you are probably better off just getting a new one...

Executive Chef
    If you're near an Apple store, take it there. They will replace the screen for under $100.

If its not that badly cracked, you can get plastic protective covers that are basically like Saran wrap. These will keep the broken glass from falling out and keep you from cutting yourself as you use it. Basically when I broke mine, I used the plastic wrap for a few months until huge chunks started coming out and then I went and got my screen replaced.

I personally would not take it to someone not certified by Apple. Even though it's not under warranty (presuming based on the age) you will get a discount if you need to replace the phone. If someone's been fiddling with it in the meantime you forfeit that level of protection.

Good luck

Executive Chef
    A bitter and lonely state of cruelty and injustice
    Quote Originally Posted by driftboutique View Post
    If you're near an Apple store, take it there. They will replace the screen for under $100.

If its not that badly cracked, you can get plastic protective covers that are basically like Saran wrap. These will keep the broken glass from falling out and keep you from cutting yourself as you use it. Basically when I broke mine, I used the plastic wrap for a few months until huge chunks started coming out and then I went and got my screen replaced.

I personally would not take it to someone not certified by Apple. Even though it's not under warranty (presuming based on the age) you will get a discount if you need to replace the phone. If someone's been fiddling with it in the meantime you forfeit that level of protection.

Good luck
    Thanks drift. I covered it in ceram wrap and put a case over it (so the wrap on the back wont show). Thanks so much!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 143Blue View Post
    they are lots....... if u have it under warrenty then apple might replace it for u..
    if not DONT ask apple to reapir it it will cost ALOT and they will most likely advise u to get a new one..
    u can prob find someone on craigslist who will do it for like $30 good luck!
    i had the same thing happen to me lol
    The Apple Warranty does not cover iOS screen damages/cracks (which is the most common form of damage)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlingempire View Post
    Hey all.

I was walking outside with my friends when my iPhone slid out of my pocket, onto the road, and cracked. Are there any repair companies? O_o

Other Information:
    Apple iPhone 3G Version 3
    8 GB
    You should get an otterbox for your iphone. They have them for 3g version. I have one for my iphone 4 and i feel so much safer knowing my phone won't get damaged lol. I'm really clumsy. You can check out amazon for the otterbox because they are originally around $50 i got mine off amazon for $26

I have an otter box of amazon too! It works GREAT!