View Poll Results: Do you think that the gem prices in pet shop story are to high?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

190 97.94%
  • Disagree

1 0.52%
  • Nither agree or disagree

3 1.55%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gem prices

Angry Gem prices

I don't for one second expect TL to take any notice of this but after the new valentines release this morning I'm really annoyed now! I want people to read my message and then either agree or disagree! Let's make this a sort of online petition against the rising prices of animals and goals that require gems!

"I'm writing to you to ask you to review the prices for the gem bought animals in pet shop story! I've just reached level 20 and have already spent a fair amount on gems, only to find the border collie, which I need to complete a family of to be awarded the collection, is nothing but extortionate! I love playing this game, but it would cost a fortune to breed this family and for me it ruins the game! I would love to be able to complete the families and get all the pets and crossbreeds but I can't justify spending that much and I know my fellow gamers feel the same!

Please review this for the sake of the fans of this game that simply can't afford to spend that much on these online games!

I did see a post from a fan in America that stated they could adopt a real border collie for the price on the family on here!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I just hope you listen."

Rhino Keeper
    I haven't bought any gems for Pet Story yet and I don't see me buying any in the future considering the amount of gems needed to do anything in it. I'm just doing what I can with coins and when the day comes that I've upgraded and expanded all that I can, I'm done with it. Which is a shame, it was a cute idea for a game. It just feels very unfinished -- no way to earn gems in game, low level cap, not as many pets as there really could be, etc.

I understand your feeling as far as the price of gems goes That's the reason I stayed away from Pet Story because I kept reading about the absurd amount of gem it takes to fully enjoy thegame. TL will not revise their practice until more people start walking away from the games. Which is a shame, because the games are fun. But It would be a sin for me to spend real $ on a virtual game, when I have REAL family to support. I just would not do it. Plus with so many traps that will make me lose my gems!? I don't think so.

Farm Supplier
    PetStory gems are so ridiculous. Worst of all the games. It's a joke!

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Gems are not necessary to enjoy TL games. I enjoy them, and I very rarely buy them.
    They are for premium items, but are not compulsory.
    Gem sales are also frequent (and I'm guessing there may (and just guessing, nothing official or anything) be a 40% around VDay...)

Fashion Designer
    Doesn't really matter what we think as long as the $$$ keeps flowing into TL's bank. They pay less attention to our rantings than they do their pocketbooks. Personally I think it could be an experiment to see how much players are willing to spend on the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    Gems are not necessary to enjoy TL games. I enjoy them, and I very rarely buy them.
    They are for premium items, but are not compulsory.
    Gem sales are also frequent (and I'm guessing there may (and just guessing, nothing official or anything) be a 40% around VDay...)
    I'm very sorry but I completely disagree with your comment! Gems are needed to buy pets that are often required to complete goals or collections.

Without buying these pets and the gems needed for them, you cannot obtain half of the pets required and so you are actually only playing half a game! If I can use farm story as an example, you can use gems to buy tools to make your life easier. However if you don't buy the gems you can still play the game.

And to be honest, I didn't start this post because I'm against gem pets! The whole reason this post is here is because the price of some gem pets is nothing but extortionate!

I have bought gems and gem pets but there is no way I am spending ?17 to buy a border collie! Assuming it cost the same for a mate and to breed twice, that's ?68!

Can you honestly tell me that isn't a ridiculous amount of money?

New Resident
    Regarding the border collie.... 149 gems is a bit extreme... it would be one thing if a pet you purchased with gems would earn you gems, but that is not the case. I feel for those who have already spent the money for the border collie, they should be given a credit of gems for them to use on future pets for more breeding/cross breeding. For those of us who have not purchased the border collie, i feel a decrease in price for the border collie is just. If you feel you need to offer such an elite pet for the game, make it an expensive coin pet.... at least then you could choose to save the coins for such an extravagant pet. I hope to see the price reduced as i have already spent $80 in game and plan on continuing to grow my store as i do enjoy the game, but 596 gems for one family is a bit of an outrage! p.s. Thank you for the gem sale!

Im all for buying gems here and there but pet story gem prices are obsurd! 149gems for another breeding room? Honestly? I especially love how most goals require you to buy or breed using gems but the goal rewards doesnt give gems. Lowering the gem costs of animals and breeding room would be appreciated. Pet story is boring now, at level25, more than 5 goals unfinished because of gem gouging and nothing really keeping me there.
    Last edited by ButterPanda; 02-16-12 at 11:54 AM.

SO NOW MY LAST POST WAS DELETED (and 2 other ppls posts) BECAUSE I/WE DISCUSSED THE WEEK LONG DESICION NOT TO PLAY PET STORY BECAUSE OF HIGH GEM COSTS. WOW LOOKS LIKE THERE IS SERIOUS CENSORSHIP GOING ON. AWESOME TL AND FORUM MODERATORS!!!! I HAD A FEELING THERE WAS SOME FUNNY BUSINESS GOING ON AND. NOW ITS CONFIRMED!!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast