Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 🔴The Block Button 🔴

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by 3squares View Post
    What if they're not threatening you, but you just find them...annoying? not everyone they contact may find them annoying. (Devil's Advocate here)
    I could block my hubby when he's annoying ha ha.

No really I would like one too. For your point exactly. They may not be offensive but may be annoying.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    A Block button has both positive and negative effects. Yes, with a block button, you can easily block an inappropriate player so they don't bother you again, but this won't stop them from causing trouble for other players.

Currently, the only option to deal with such individuals is to send us an email and report them. This allows us to review their actions and take disciplinary action if necessary. By doing so, we can remove this bad egg from the community so they will not be able to cause trouble for you again, as well as everyone else.
    I do not see why both cannot be done. I believe the positives outweigh the negative. Especially when not everyone can take a screenshot of their wall on their phones/devices.

Also, it may not always be the case of someone being inappropriate - I don't believe it always goes to that high of a velocity - some people are just a nuisance.

Executive Chef
    I would like a block button. Seen my share of abusive and/or annoying players...

The block button is essential. I think the majority of us have either been stalked, harassed, or otherwise annoyed on here. By blocking the person sure they may move on to someone else but only for one post if that person isn't interested because they can block them as well.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ariesblu View Post
    I do not see why both cannot be done. I believe the positives outweigh the negative. Especially when not everyone can take a screenshot of their wall on their phones/devices.

Also, it may not always be the case of someone being inappropriate - I don't believe it always goes to that high of a velocity - some people are just a nuisance.
    I totally agree. Some people have phones that can't and also a lot of people just plain don't know how to upload screen shots. And I also agree 3square and pinkster in that some people may not be doing anything offensive but you would still like to block for other reasons such as stalking or just plain annoyance. I think it would be best if there was just a block list that you could add a restaurant or remove. But a key thing would be the ability to add someone by viewing their restaurant as many users may not know the actual account names as all most people would only see the restaurant name of the person that they would like to block.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbobbillyray View Post
    The block button is essential. I think the majority of us have either been stalked, harassed, or otherwise annoyed on here. By blocking the person sure they may move on to someone else but only for one post if that person isn't interested because they can block them as well.
    well said "natural consequences are the best teachers"

Fashion Designer
    Outside my iPad trying to keep the peeps who live inside happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbaker0321 View Post
    Hey guys!
    This is just a suggestion that I really think would help players and everyone would love! Adding a block button to players would be amazing as there are so many spammers or very rude people in the game 👎. Many people say very mean words and im surprised they never get banned...😡 When a person writes on UR wall, next to the visit icon maybe add a Block icon next to it??? Blocking them would restrict them from visiting UR restaurant and writing on UR wall!!! That would be very helpful to some people, a lot of people have been writing age-inappropriate things on my
    wall🔞💔... Let me know what u think!
    Seriously? I haven't seen any of that. I had one comment written on my wall. And I did report it. Then was told by another player the comment was a compliment not an attack. lol. It just said OMG! Your place is sick! They didn't leave a tip so naturally I thought it was an insult. I have since been told sick means awesome. Okay??? Anyway, if I were to receive inappropriate comments I would like to have the option to block them.

Fashion Designer
    Outside my iPad trying to keep the peeps who live inside happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    I could block my hubby when he's annoying ha ha.

No really I would like one too. For your point exactly. They may not be offensive but may be annoying.
    Have you told them they are bothering you? Just curious. Some things may annoy you that don't bother others. Or may annoy you one day when it wouldn't on another. I have left silly comments on peoples walls and hope I have never offended anyone. But if I did I hope they would tell me before they blocked me. I know in zoo story I told someone their animal tried to bite me. lol

The Honorable Panda
    I had one member PM me that someone posted on their wall "your bakery is sick".
    she was offended. She then found out later that "sick" now a days mean super cool... lol.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyMtnGirl View Post
    Seriously? I haven't seen any of that. I had one comment written on my wall. And I did report it. Then was told by another player the comment was a compliment not an attack. lol. It just said OMG! Your place is sick! They didn't leave a tip so naturally I thought it was an insult. I have since been told sick means awesome. Okay??? Anyway, if I were to receive inappropriate comments I would like to have the option to block them.
    Rofl! I would've thought the same think a few weeks ago. But, yeah, apparently "sick" is the new "awesome".

On the subject, I agree that a block button would be great for those that are annoying but not abusive. Abusive/threatening posts should always be reported. Fortunately, I have not come across any posters I would either block or report.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast