Thread: Is the request system working for parts??

Rhino Keeper

Is the request system working for parts??

Earlier today, I requested candles from my neighbors. Due to that "helping parts" fashion thread, I have a great group of neighbors, and have gotten the parts pretty timely for the goals. So honestly, it comes to surprise me that almost 16 hours after I requested 5 candles from my neighbors I have zero. Is there an issue at the moment?

I have raised this concern on discussion page too.seems none of them is experiencing it.i also want someone from TL come out and tell us how exactly it works. Cos my neighbors seems not getting my request.and I wonder if they will get it few hours later or what? And seems ppl can request items twice in 24 hours, how exactly does this system count the time? By which time zone and why ain't we getting just one fresh cut rose from neighbor on time?

Grand Emperor
    You can request items from a neighbor once a day, with the day starting at 12:00 am PST. So you can request at 11:00 pm on one day and 1:00 am the next if you want. But your neighbor can only accept a request once every 24 hars. So if they accept your first request at 11:30 pm on the first day, they can't accept your second request until 11:30 pm the next day.

You can only receive 20 requested parts a day. So if you sent your first request to 200 neighbors, 20 can accept the first day and the second day you'll have 180 neighbors trying to send you the first day's part and 20 neighbors trying to send you the second day's part.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chillda View Post
    I have raised this concern on discussion page too.seems none of them is experiencing it.i also want someone from TL come out and tell us how exactly it works. Cos my neighbors seems not getting my request.and I wonder if they will get it few hours later or what? And seems ppl can request items twice in 24 hours, how exactly does this system count the time? By which time zone and why ain't we getting just one fresh cut rose from neighbor on time?
    If it is a bug issue with requesting goal request items, try deleting the app and redownloading. Don't worry your game progress is safe on TLs server. Or could try restarting your device. Please let the forum/TL know if the issue continues.
    Thanks.

Make sure you are playing from the Valentine version, since it contains the latest bug fixes. Also, Android players are unable to receive your goal item requests.
    Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread

Nightclub Owner
    I had this problem today too. I sent out a request to 15 neighbours for 15 goal requests in fashion. Some neighbours said they never received the request at all. By the end of the day i had sent out almost, but not quite, 20 requests. It took me all day to get those responses. I'm figuring it was Sunday and most players are not playing on Sundays. Plus there was the protest yoo, so maybe that's what caused the slowdown? Some people shut down their shops from Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    So if you sent your first request to 200 neighbors, 20 can accept the first day and the second day you'll have 180 neighbors trying to send you the first day's part and 20 neighbors trying to send you the second day's part.
    I've been thinking about this. While this seems to be true for parts, it doesn't seem to be true for goal requests, since it appears that as soon as you have received the required number of the goal item it disappears off your neighbour's pending requests. I checked that today and realised that's what happens. So if i need 10 roses and i send out a request to 15 neighbours, once i get the 10 roses the other 5 neighbours won't see my request any more.
    Now if this is the case, then what on earth is causing the delay? And why are neighbours not seeing the requests when they do go out?

Nightclub Owner
    I should have added as well, that I only request goal items from persons that send me goal requests so i do know that these persons are not android players.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I had this problem today too. I sent out a request to 15 neighbours for 15 goal requests in fashion. Some neighbours said they never received the request at all. By the end of the day i had sent out almost, but not quite, 20 requests. It took me all day to get those responses. I'm figuring it was Sunday and most players are not playing on Sundays. Plus there was the protest yoo, so maybe that's what caused the slowdown? Some people shut down their shops from Friday.

I've been thinking about this. While this seems to be true for parts, it doesn't seem to be true for goal requests, since it appears that as soon as you have received the required number of the goal item it disappears off your neighbour's pending requests. I checked that today and realised that's what happens. So if i need 10 roses and i send out a request to 15 neighbours, once i get the 10 roses the other 5 neighbours won't see my request any more.
    Now if this is the case, then what on earth is causing the delay? And why are neighbours not seeing the requests when they do go out?
    Okay. I was giving the parts answer. I am on Android so I did not know this. I need to remember this if Androids finally get goals.

Rhino Keeper
    For the goal requests, I thought it was a little weird that yesterday I have 2 requests from the same neighbor about 2 hours apart and I was able to accept both. I kept on waiting for an out of sync message or a force close to happen but nothing. Not sure if my neighbor got both things she requested though.