Thread: People eating very slowly...

Host(ess)

People eating very slowly...

I have taken a bit of a break from bakery story, and I am now playing again. It seems to me that people are eating very slowly in my bakery. I have 30+ counters out and about half have over 100k servings, most of the rest have 30k to 75k servings. It did not used to be like this, and I have quite a bit tied up in inventory. Does anyone know why it is so slow?

I too took a break from April to August.
    Before April, I was having trouble to keep enough food on my counters and had to block my door from time to time to stock the food.
    After I came back in the end of August, I am having trouble to clear my counters. My bakery is now occupied with nearly 50 counters.
    I would have to either throw away my 100k servings to empty the counter or to purchase an expansion to place additional counter in order to cook new receipt.
    Perhaps the slow consumption has to do with my inefficient layout, but my layout remains pretty much the same with my old layout before April. I wonder why people eat so slowly too....

Host(ess)
    I don't think it has to do with the layout, because I have a ton of tables, not very difficult for them to get to, no blockades or maze type entrances. I play restaurant story too and it still seems to be pretty consistent with the way it was before but the bakery is so slow.

New Resident
    And one more thing... You have more ovens now and if you bake some expensive cakes and pies wich are like 1500 servings instead of choklad cake or something with 300 servings.

Rhino Keeper
    I recommend looking over this thread:
    https://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40398-How-to-Maximize-Profits

I will look at you bakery shortly to see if your layout has any flaws in it.

Rhino Keeper
    I have looked at your [amandathornburg] bakery. The problem is your bakery is too awesome. The good news is that since you have less than 24 ovens if you only bake red velvet cake and stay offline your food will eventually sell off (still talking very long time). If you want to expedite it, you will need to simplify your layout as per Kakkuhanna's design or mine. And leave your game logged in, and again only make red velvet cakes.

Host(ess)
    I had no idea that layout actually affected how fast they ate. Thank you so much for telling me this! I am going to rearrange my bakery now!

Fashion Designer
    I have had the same layout for like 3 months & I noticed the last few days that my food is NOT selling! I usually make 40,000 - 60,000 coins over night & today I woke up & only made around12,000 coins.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxjenn View Post
    I have had the same layout for like 3 months & I noticed the last few days that my food is NOT selling! I usually make 40,000 - 60,000 coins over night & today I woke up & only made around12,000 coins.
    Did you bake chocolate cake? It's 2 coins/plate. Since the bake off, I've lost 1 million in coins because of the cakes, but haven't made anything because of the cakes. I'm considering throwing them out.